Fun playoff fact

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fun playoff fact

Our Raptors who tend to disappear in the playoffs have the third most playoff wins in the last 2 years... Only Warriors and Cavs have more.
    Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Shhh....

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
      Shhh....
      a fact is a fact. but this knowledge we are the third-best team in the NBA
      Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

I think its because of the way they won their series. They lost game 1 (at home) in every series. Lowry and DD both played awfully at times. Testament to the role players (especially JV, Biz and Powell) that they still won the series they were supposed to win. But it really looked bad if you're on the outside looking in.

And prior to those two years they got swept by the Wizards and lost to Brooklyn in 7.. both those times they faced teams with worse regular season records.

Comment

I can't remember the last time a fun fact was actually fun. They always set me up for anticipation of fun incoming, and then I am dissapoint.
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

I think the misconception is that the Raptors crap the bed in the playoffs. The reality is it's the Raptors offense that suddenly doesn't look the same in the playoffs. In games where they aren't playing the Cavs though, the defense for them really steps up and allows them to win series. The Heat series from a couple of seasons ago was still impressive considering the Heat were probably the 3rd best team in the East that year.
            That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

Other Scott wrote: View Post
              I think the misconception is that the Raptors crap the bed in the playoffs. The reality is it's the Raptors offense that suddenly doesn't look the same in the playoffs. In games where they aren't playing the Cavs though, the defense for them really steps up and allows them to win series. The Heat series from a couple of seasons ago was still impressive considering the Heat were probably the 3rd best team in the East that year.
              Technically true, but they also had the same record as the 6th seeded Hornets (48-34), and were 8 games below us (56-26).

Comment

Shooting always hits the skids, and we are the worst pound for pound "game 1" team I can ever remember. Honestly can we win a friggin home game 1 for once I'm our life without looking like dads first ever attended game so you're nervous junior high kids

Comment

You're saying you don't find it a cute curiosity that the team is 0-7 in Game 1's over the past 4 years? That's the most fun playoff fact!
                  That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

You're saying you don't find it a cute curiosity that the team is 0-7 in Game 1's over the past 4 years? That's the most fun playoff fact!
                    Abnormal, strange, curious, concerning, laughable..these are adjectives I'd rank way ahead of "fun"

Comment

Working...
                    X