• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marcus Smart is definitely what you're describing, T Rex
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
      Marcus Smart is definitely what you're describing, T Rex
      So if you're a flopper you're also an asshole?
      because that's what Smart is, a flopper. But he's a big time defender.

Ginobili flops a lot. Is he an asshole too?
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
        So if you're a flopper you're also an asshole?
        because that's what Smart is, a flopper. But he's a big time defender.

Ginobili flops a lot. Is he an asshole too?
        You can be a flopper and an asshole. It's possible to be 2 things. Like you, a cool guy and an asshole

Comment

What's missing? killer instinct.

That's why this team will never go on a run like the Celtics. They tend to relax and get complacent against lesser opponents. That's what happened last night. And they had no answer once the Knicks made their run.

The whole team panicked it was hilarious. And their two all stars completely disappeared.
          Spurs, Celts, Warriors all lost last night. What was missing for them?

Spurs - heart.
          Celts - hustle.
          Warriors - chemistry.
          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
            Spurs, Celts, Warriors all lost last night. What was missing for them?

Spurs - heart.
            Celts - hustle.
            Warriors - chemistry.
            Just saw the highlights of last night's thunder warriors game. I am 100% confident that Russ westbrook would absolutely throttle durant in a street fight lol

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
              It was a problem when we switched to different bigs and this has been a consistent issue that everyone just blames JV for indiscriminately: if our bigs do hedge/trap on the perimeter player, our secondary rotations are crap a huge chunk of the time. This leads to easy passes to the roll man, and indecision from the bigs who are reluctant to be aggressive and give up the passing lane. There's just no secondary help and that even extends to the glass a lot.

And it can even be a problem in transition. Last night Kanter had a transition dunk where JV was too far behind to make a difference, but we had 4 defenders back in transition and nobody guarded the paint. NY didn't even have numbers. Literally just no one stepped in.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
              This^
              Exactly this ^
              And it's not new. When one of the bigs, particularly JV plays good D, there is ZERO help coming, especially on the glass.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                I would say every team have about 5 or so (???) games each year where they crap the bed.
                Actually, I'd say all but the top half dozen teams have more than that .....

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                  This^
                  Exactly this ^
                  And it's not new. When one of the bigs, particularly JV plays good D, there is ZERO help coming, especially on the glass.
                  OK, come on now, JV doesn't play "good D" very often. Nor has Ibaka, this season, to be fair. The fact that they don't always get help behind them doesn't excuse them not doing their job in the first place. JV *has* to rotate out to the shooter when the perimeter defender is picked by JV's check. No exception. That's how the defense works. Now, if someone behind JV doesn't help on the roller, that's on them. But the big has to do the correct thing in the first place, no exception. It's links on a chain; one link screws up, the chain's broken and the D is scrambling for the rest of the possession.
                  Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

• jimmie wrote: View Post
                    OK, come on now, JV doesn't play "good D" very often. Nor has Ibaka, this season, to be fair. The fact that they don't always get help behind them doesn't excuse them not doing their job in the first place. JV *has* to rotate out to the shooter when the perimeter defender is picked by JV's check. No exception. That's how the defense works. Now, if someone behind JV doesn't help on the roller, that's on them. But the big has to do the correct thing in the first place, no exception. It's links on a chain; one link screws up, the chain's broken and the D is scrambling for the rest of the possession.
                    I said *when*
                    And I was thinking boxing out and rebounding. No help coming.....several of our players actually look scared to rebound and get dirty....

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                      I said *when*
                      And I was thinking boxing out and rebounding. No help coming.....several of our players actually look scared to rebound and get dirty....
                      Who?
                      If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                        Who?
                        Bebe, Serge and even Poeltl a game back. I mentioned it during the game that he looked like he was scared playing with 5 fouls ....

Comment

Not really.

When i think of asshole i think of a Dennis Rodman type player/character.
                          Those are tough players, but you brought up killer instinct in the context of putting teams away.

Kyrie has been amazing in the clutch so far this year.

I think Lowry has that instinct, but he doesn't have the physical tools to do it.
                          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
                          X