Game #19: Toronto Raptors 112 - Atlanta Hawks 78

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post
    Board seems quiet after such a big win. Was the lowly Hawks but still. Little disappointed they couldn't beat them by 45 or more (our record is 44 which happened against the Hawks actually).

Glad they had a good 3rd quarter. Anyone else nervous after the half?

Siakam, FVV and Poeltl were really good. Siakam should get some votes for MIP in my opinion. Been really impressive this year. Once he learns how to shoot consistently (and I hope he works on that aspect of his game).. he seriously could become an all-star one day.
    BBRef's BPM/VORP is only one stat of many, but it sure does love Masai's 2016 draft.

https://www.basketball-reference.com.../NBA_2016.html
    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
      BBRef's BPM/VORP is only one stat of many, but it sure does love Masai's 2016 draft.

https://www.basketball-reference.com.../NBA_2016.html

I love our draft. We have some good young players. By the time that 3 year window ends and we can play guys like Pascal and Jakob more instead of JV and Serge we'll be much better off. Especially since those guys will be much better by then. And to think all of them will be hitting their prime around the same time. I feel very comfortable going forward with Delon, Norm, OG, Pascal and Jakob in the future. Even Van Vleet may still be around which I'm cool with too. Demar might still be around also cause he seems to want to retire here, but it's a business so I won't be shocked if he's gone. We'll also probably have a couple new draft picks by then as well. We good.
      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• The other thing I love about our young guys is they all play the game the right way. They move the ball very well (even Pascal and Jakob make good passes and share the ball), they play defence and they play hard 80-90 percent of the time (Pascal is probably at 100% lol). That's why our bench is so good. Also they're all long and agile so we don't have that slow and lazy problem that we have with JV and Serge. Once they all improve their shooting AND gain that experience so they stop making rookie/young player mistakes we can be really good. Even Casey wouldn't be able to fuck that up lol. Hopefully he's not still here but you never know. Add in 2-3 good veterans and a couple rookies who hopefully show promise and we're set in my opinion. ESPECIALLY if anyone of those young players by some chance becomes an All Star, but even if they don't I still really like our team.
        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Board seems quiet after such a big win.
          Imagine if it was a loss lol

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
            Imagine if it was a loss lol
            We enjoy complaining and especially pointing out how we're smarter than Casey. Hard to do that ( though not impossible) after a huge blow out.
            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
              The other thing I love about our young guys is they all play the game the right way. They move the ball very well (even Pascal and Jakob make good passes and share the ball), they play defence and they play hard 80-90 percent of the time (Pascal is probably at 100% lol). That's why our bench is so good. Also they're all long and agile so we don't have that slow and lazy problem that we have with JV and Serge. Once they all improve their shooting AND gain that experience so they stop making rookie/young player mistakes we can be really good. Even Casey wouldn't be able to fuck that up lol. Hopefully he's not still here but you never know. Add in 2-3 good veterans and a couple rookies who hopefully show promise and we're set in my opinion. ESPECIALLY if anyone of those young players by some chance becomes an All Star, but even if they don't I still really like our team.
              Yeah our young guys are really good. If we ever do decide to tank, I'm not sure if we'd ever succeed at it. Our young guys will probably win too many games.

Comment

Board seems quiet after such a big win.
                It's the day after big Saturday. Everyone is dying from hangover

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                  We enjoy complaining and especially pointing out how we're smarter than Casey. Hard to do that ( though not impossible) after a huge blow out.
                  Meh a good coach would have won by 35

Comment

Board seems quiet after such a big win. Was the lowly Hawks but still. Little disappointed they couldn't beat them by 45 or more (our record is 44 which happened against the Hawks actually).

Glad they had a good 3rd quarter. Anyone else nervous after the half?

Siakam, FVV and Poeltl were really good. Siakam should get some votes for MIP in my opinion. Been really impressive this year. Once he learns how to shoot consistently (and I hope he works on that aspect of his game).. he seriously could become an all-star one day.
                    Siakam is a homeless man's Giannis
                    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Ugh we don't play again till Wednesday. Time to get a cryogenic chamber I guess.

Comment

• Hot take: Pascal and Jakob will be unquestionably better than serge and JV by next season
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Game #19: Toronto Raptors @ Atlanta Hawks, 7:30 PM EST Nov. 25/17

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                          Hot take: Pascal and Jakob will be unquestionably better than serge and JV by next season
                          Very little doubt about this.

(Minus) defensive rebounding, one can argue Jakob is already on his way to being better than JV.....

Pascal can run circles around Serg, but Serg is a much more accomplished shooter.

The future of our young bigs looks very bright. They both work hard, so I see no reason to doubt more improvements in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Easier slate of games coming up. I really want to see 7-3

Comment

• Nice big win. If we can follow up on this sort of effort, we could really string together some wins here. Needs to be consistent though, or despite Casey's gambit of letting the starters play through this paying off here, we'll probably have to change it up if cases like the Knicks or Pacers game rear their ugly heads again. Still, hoping for this to have been an early season lull that we can forget soon, even if I'm not betting on it...
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• It's not an effort issue. We just played Atlanta. They are really bad. The only player on their team who would even get in our rotation is Schroder and that'd be as a backup PG playing about 15 minutes a game.

The desperation to dissociate JV from any issues the team might be having is astonishing really.

Comment

Working...
                                X