Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Valanciunas needs to come off the bench.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rudy Bargnani
    replied
    I thinks that's JV's trade value right now though---an early 2nd round pick and a similar contract.

Leave a comment:

• Shaolin Fantastic
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post
    Why would the Suns give us a pick to take JV when they already have a similar player in Alex Len, other than ".....because they're the Suns."
    I don't think they would either. That's why I said "if they were stupid enough to". But you still have DanH saying he wouldn't do that trade lmao. Way too much attachment to JV. Chandler is arguably better than him for what we need (he provides almost the exact same type of rebounding in terms of REB% and even DREB/OREB split), plays better defense (although nowhere near as good as when he was DPOY) and gives us a couple million more in wiggle room under the apron. Then you basically get a free very early 2nd or mid-late 1st on top of that? Done deal.

Can't imagine why the Suns would do that though. Forget Len, they still have Greg Monroe on that team, who in 8 games for them is putting up almost the exact same numbers as JV does for us.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
    If there is a pick coming back, would you guys consider trading JV for Tyson Chandler?
    Why would the Suns give us a pick to take JV when they already have a similar player in Alex Len, other than ".....because they're the Suns."

Leave a comment:

• Shaolin Fantastic
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post
    Meh. I’d rather watch a better team.
    Chandler is just as good of a rebounder as JV and better defensively, so I'm not really sure how that makes the team worse. It's effectively a free asset. His contract is a bit cheaper too which gives us more wiggle room to work with when it comes to the tax or hard cap.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
    If it's their 2nd I still do that trade. That's basically a late 1st rounder.
    Meh. I’d rather watch a better team.

Leave a comment:

• Shaolin Fantastic
    replied
    Unprotected 1st rounder? Obviously.

A second? Nope. Protected first would depend on the protection.
    If it's their 2nd I still do that trade. That's basically a late 1st rounder. Their 2nd is owed to Memphis but protected 31-55 so they're gonna keep it.

They also have the Heat 1st round pick that I'd be interested in, it's only top 7 protected so that's a good one. They have the Bucks too but the protections are shitty on that one.
    Last edited by Shaolin Fantastic; Tue Dec 5, 2017, 01:05 AM.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
    He's playing for the Suns.

If the Suns were stupid enough to give us a pick with Chandler for JV I'd do that in two seconds
    Unprotected 1st rounder? Obviously.

A second? Nope. Protected first would depend on the protection.

Leave a comment:

• Mitch P
    replied
    Being new to this forum and reading all of these erudite, obsessional posts written by humans of considerable intelligence.....I wonder often how bright some of these Raptors are. From watching Open Gym one can get an idea. Having played a lot of sports with professional types and others I'm well aware that basketball IQ and Weschler IQ can be very different. JV seems a really good guy, and quite funny and I suspect he is well liked on the team. But Poetl strikes me as a smarter guy (and yes quicker) and more likely to figure out what he has to do to succeed in the NBA. Last game might be just a season highlight but certainly was a great indicator of potential. The Open Gym featuring Delon Wright talking about his crappy high school marks landing him in JuCo gave me pause. Again....I suspect VanVleet is a sharper guy. Have there been any major stars with less than high average IQ? Kobe and LeBron despite no college I believe are highly intelligent guys. I think that speaks to the nature of basketball which is a complex sport which cannot be controlled by coaches like football. I'll bet if Dwight Howard was smarter he would have been a superstar.

Leave a comment:

• Shaolin Fantastic
    replied
    GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
    See the clip in the Suns game thread.
    He's playing for the Suns.

If the Suns were stupid enough to give us a pick with Chandler for JV I'd do that in two seconds

Leave a comment:

• GOLDBLUM
    replied
    charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
    If there is a pick coming back, would you guys consider trading JV for Tyson Chandler?
    See the clip in the Suns game thread.

Leave a comment:

• charlesnba23
    replied

Leave a comment:

• 3inthekeon
    replied
    Yeah, BeBe is super effective but can’t stay on the floor. Even if he could stay healthy (he can’t) he racks up fouls at an incredible rate in those minutes, over 9 fouls per 36.
    Starting Bebe just means Casey can sub him out even faster than he subs out JV!

However I would highly recommend not starting Bebe until doctors give him clearance to play..

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    3inthekeon wrote: View Post
    Seems everyone's been barking up the wrong tree.

Lowry/DeRozan with:

JV 289.7 MP +0.3 Net

Poeltl 80.2 MP -15.2 Net

Bebe 98.0 MP +11.0 Net
    Yeah, BeBe is super effective but can’t stay on the floor. Even if he could stay healthy (he can’t) he racks up fouls at an incredible rate in those minutes, over 9 fouls per 36.

Leave a comment:

• charlesnba23
    replied
    https://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...DeAndre-Jordan

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    3inthekeon wrote: View Post
    Seems everyone's been barking up the wrong tree.

Lowry/DeRozan with:

JV 289.7 MP +0.3 Net

Poeltl 80.2 MP -15.2 Net

Bebe 98.0 MP +11.0 Net
    Makes sense, when you think about it. That core has been together a long time by NBA standards and they've won a ton of games together. Sure the game is changing, but not so fast that they all forgot how to play basketball.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X