Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Valanciunas needs to come off the bench.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

slaw wrote: View Post
    Biyombo was so inconsistent..... One game he was good and the next he looked like he forgot how to play basketball.
    Biz played great against Lebron in the ECF and that's the lasting memory of him for most Raptor fans. Those 2 weeks will probably be the absolute peak of his career.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
      Biz played great against Lebron in the ECF and that's the lasting memory of him for most Raptor fans. Those 2 weeks will probably be the absolute peak of his career.
      And really Biz was only effective in the two wins against CLE. In the losses he was terrible - the one thing you could in theory count on Biyombo for was rim protection and rebounding - and he averaged 7 boards and 1 block per 36 in the 4 losses, while posting among the worst DRTGs and Net RTGs on the team in those games.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I think it's fair to say Drummon has overtaken JV as the better player.
        "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

hotfuzz wrote: View Post
          I think it's fair to say Drummon has overtaken JV as the better player.
          Is what someone said in 2015-16 when Drummond became an all-star for the first time......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

special1 wrote: View Post
            Is what someone said in 2015-16 when Drummond became an all-star for the first time......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Oh come on! All-star game is just a popularity contest. It's not a merit of how good a player is. Drummond was pretty bad last season, to the point where JV was a better player.
            "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

Told y'all this would happen 3 years ago. Masai dropped the ball on this one

GASOL for JV//BEBE/WRIGHT works money wise
              Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Tue Nov 28, 2017, 07:59 AM.
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post

GASOL/BEBE/WRIGHT works money wise
                In all fairness, it was difficult to foresee this happening. Back in the day he was great on paper: a young big with a soft touch and above average athletic ability. Like i said, he dominated his opposition in pretty much all U16 U18 tournaments by a large margin mainly due to his early physicality. Its a shame it all turned out like this, he would be fine if not the tragic defense

Comment

TheDude wrote: View Post
                  In all fairness, it was difficult to foresee this happening. Back in the day he was great on paper: a young big with a soft touch and above average athletic ability. Like i said, he dominated his opposition in pretty much all U16 U18 tournaments by a large margin mainly due to his early physicality. Its a shame it all turned out like this, he would be fine if not the tragic defense
                  I knew this would happen after watching the first NBA finals meeting between GSW/CAVS. That's when I realized that if your a big and can't guard out on the perimeter you will struggle staying on the court. That's when I sold all my JV stock. Was hoping Masai would do the same but, here we are.
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

I knew this would happen after watching the first NBA finals meeting between GSW/CAVS. That's when I realized that if your a big and can't guard out on the perimeter you will struggle staying on the court. That's when I sold all my JV stock. Was hoping Masai would do the same but, here we are.
                    It's not even that your big needs to be able to guard the perimeter. That can help, but the main thing is they actually need to be able to step up on screens, hedge and recover back into the paint and protect the basket while keeping the guards out of the lane. JV can't do that. Half the time he doesn't even bother to hedge, and when he does he just gets blown by or doesn't recover and his man scores easily.

He's really, really problematic defensively. But people will continue to say we desperately need his rebounding even though for 3 years the team has had basically the exact same rebounding rate with him on the floor as off. Again this is because even though individually he's an excellent rebounder, he often leaves himself and the team out of position to get rebounds in the first place so it negates that.

Comment

Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                      It's not even that your big needs to be able to guard the perimeter. That can help, but the main thing is they actually need to be able to step up on screens, hedge and recover back into the paint and protect the basket while keeping the guards out of the lane. JV can't do that. Half the time he doesn't even bother to hedge, and when he does he just gets blown by or doesn't recover and his man scores easily.

He's really, really problematic defensively. But people will continue to say we desperately need his rebounding even though for 3 years the team has had basically the exact same rebounding rate with him on the floor as off. Again this is because even though individually he's an excellent rebounder, he often leaves himself and the team out of position to get rebounds in the first place so it negates that.
                      If player can do that than they can hold their own on the perimeter on a switch. Yeah, JV doesn't provide any of that.
                      Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Tue Nov 28, 2017, 09:21 AM.
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

If player can do that than they can hold their own on the perimeter on a switch. Yeah, JV doesn't provide any of that.
                        Yep I agree, was just saying it's not necessarily about being able to guard wing players, but you've got to be able to at least step up and not be completely worthless on defense in those situations.

Comment

GASOL for JV//BEBE/WRIGHT works money wise
                          No, it doesn't.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                            Oh come on! All-star game is just a popularity contest. It's not a merit of how good a player is. Drummond was pretty bad last season, to the point where JV was a better player.
                            Is what someone says when they make excuses for their guy not making it......

Playing in the all-star game is an accomplishment. Its an acknowledgement that you were the best of the best that year (at your position).

Drummond and JV play the same position. Drummond was not voted in by fans.....He was picked by the coaches.

Comment

I remember when Chr1st1anL, TRex (to a lesser extent) and I took sooooo much heat around here for seeing that Demar would be a great player for us because of his work ethic and propensity to improve. Some called us fools and Demar homers.

We also took A LOT of heat for saying that JV was nothing special. Just a solid player. Some called us JV haters.

People wanted to dump Demar and build around JV (only a short few years ago - even after Demar became an all-star). They said it was just a popularity contest then too.

A lot of those people that called us fools and homers aren't around anymore....and the ones that are left now see it just like we do.

Comment

special1 wrote: View Post
                                I remember when Chr1st1anL, TRex (to a lesser extent) and I took sooooo much heat around here for seeing that Demar would be a great player for us because of his work ethic and propensity to improve. Some called us fools and Demar homers.

We also took A LOT of heat for saying that JV was nothing special. Just a solid player. Some called us JV haters.

People wanted to dump Demar and build around JV (only a short few years ago - even after Demar became an all-star). They said it was just a popularity contest then too.

A lot of those people that called us fools and homers aren't around anymore....and the ones that are left now see it just like we do.
                                Well Demars problems from before are still here. He's still a stiff defensively.

Comment

Working...
                                X