Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Valanciunas needs to come off the bench.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
    Noel doesn't have a high ceiling, he's been in the league for 4 years now and shown very little improvement. I'd take a flyer on Poeltl's potential before his. Plus Noel is a UFA in the summer.

Trading JV for Noel is one of the worst trade suggestions I've seen so far, just behind the Koufos+Temple one.
    Better yet, Noel is an UFA without Bird Rights (if the Raps trade for him). So if he does well, he's gone. If he sucks, we can re-sign him. Yay!
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• The only players that make sense to trade for are Deandre Jordan or Hassan whiteside.

Comment

• shaolin fantastic wrote: View Post
        noel doesn't have a high ceiling, he's been in the league for 4 years now and shown very little improvement. I'd take a flyer on poeltl's potential before his. Plus noel is a ufa in the summer.

Trading jv for noel is one of the worst trade suggestions i've seen so far, just behind the koufos+temple one.
        ayy
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
          The only players that make sense to trade for are Deandre Jordan or Hassan whiteside.
          Not the only ones that's for sure, but those two are better fits for how this team wants to play (on both ends actually). Additionally they are actually far better rebounders than Valanciunas so you don't lose anything in the one category that he actually sort of contributes much from game to game (in fact you gain).

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
            Not the only ones that's for sure, but those two are better fits for how this team wants to play (on both ends actually). Additionally they are actually far better rebounders than Valanciunas so you don't lose anything in the one category that he actually sort of contributes much from game to game (in fact you gain).
            I think they are better fits defensively, and the rebounding is key, but I imagine there will be similar slight fit issues with Ibaka, and I'd fully expect the offence to suffer at least to some degree. That said, I'd make either deal, I think, obviously depending on what other assets leave with JV. Ideally though, if you are moving on from JV, it's to go all in on a different style, which I don't know either of those targets accomplishes.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• The guards on this team are too ball dominate. We need a center that rebounds/block shots/ and scores off of lobs put backs. Those are the one 2 that do that at a high level.

Comment

The guards on this team are too ball dominate. We need a center that rebounds/block shots/ and scores off of lobs put backs. Those are the one 2 that do that at a high level.
                I can understand this thinking, but I also fear the acquisition of such a player leading the team down the path of their own worst tendencies (that is, ball dominance and lack of player/ball movement, which they still revert to in the clutch right now). May still be worth the risk.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• What can you do we have the players we have. Until our stars players learn that even the goat Jordan only iso balled 2 of the time and that wasn’t until the second half....

Comment

What can you do we have the players we have. Until our stars players learn that even the goat Jordan only iso balled 2 of the time and that wasn’t until the second half....
                    Sure, I'm just saying that having more offensive options around them should help with that. The trend is positive so far this year, if anything for many games they don't look for their own offence enough. If they can find that balance, it will really pay off.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• It looks and feels forced and I don’t like that we don’t have no back door plays but I get where u are going. Personally I wouldn’t feel comfortable having ibaka as my only rim protector on the team

Comment

What can you do we have the players we have. Until our stars players learn that even the goat Jordan only iso balled 2 of the time and that wasn’t until the second half....
                        This is old news. DeMar is 28th in the league in ISO frequency and Lowry is so far down the list I can't even count high enough to find him - https://stats.nba.com/players/isolat...ort=Time&dir=1
                        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                          This is old news. DeMar is 28th in the league in ISO frequency and Lowry is so far down the list I can't even count high enough to find him - https://stats.nba.com/players/isolat...ort=Time&dir=1
                          126th.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                            126th.
                            How many hands do you have?
                            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                              How many hands do you have?
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• This narrative that DeMar and Kyle are playing iso ball really needs to fucking stop at this point. They aren't. If you're still seeing that, maybe check your PVR to make sure you aren't watching games from last year by accident.

Comment

Working...
                                X