Your Ideal Lineup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
    One more trolling comment and you're on ignore. I really don't have time for this.
    I checked the advanced stats and you are posting on here 6.6 times per day, that's twice as often as Lowry gets to the FT line. You have time for Keon!
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
      I don't think the idea that DeRozan looks JV off is true anymore at all. If anything he's been over-passing to him this season especially in 1st quarters trying to force the ball inside.

DeRozan really doesn't play selfishly anymore, and has really cut down on the bad shot attempts which is why his TS% is a career high 57%.
      I did mention in my point that DeRozan has done a better job of looking for JV.

One of the things that irks me, though, is the fact JV's possessions in the post tend to happen late in the clock—Lowry and DeRozan feed him with 7, 8, or 9 on the clock, and JV takes 7 years to get into his move.
      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• As a side note, Houston is staggering Harden Paul letting each play apart as much as together and net ratings are around 40 on both units and 10 together. Sepeating DD and Lowry probably would do something similar but more to limit defensive issues and increase shooting

Comment

• Been awhile so thought I'd bump this thread after last nights Bulls game which we may start calling the Delon Wright game.

Do you like this lineup:
          Lowry, Derozan, Delon, OG, Ibaka.

Thoughts?
          In 17 mins this year they have a DEFRTG of 82 and a net rating of 53.

Small sample size of course. But if OG is a small ball 4 maybe Delon is our 3?

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
            Been awhile so thought I'd bump this thread after last nights Bulls game which we may start calling the Delon Wright game.

Do you like this lineup:
            Lowry, Derozan, Delon, OG, Ibaka.

Thoughts?
            In 17 mins this year they have a DEFRTG of 82 and a net rating of 53.

Small sample size of course. But if OG is a small ball 4 maybe Delon is our 3?
            I absolutely love it considering a lot of teams going small in clutch, most importantly our 2 biggest rivals:
            - Boston: Kyrie/Smart/Tatum/Brown/Horford
            - Cavs: IT/Wade/JR(or Green or Crowder)/LBJ/Love

It's our best bet to match them up with same dose of switch ability, shooting (everyone shooting as of now > 35% from 3) and playmaking. Unless JV somehow ascends, countless possessions already proved that he is unplayable against small lineups, FVV is not even shooting that well to put him here above Delon. We can plug CJ on offensive possessions, but he isn't nowhere near Delon/OG defensively. Hopefully Powell regains his confidence so we might have another versatile player to put on the court in case of foul trouble.

Comment

• Some guy wrote some thing about closing lineups on some other website: https://www.raptorshq.com/2018/1/4/1...-demar-derozan

I think 4 of the 5 closers by default should be Lowry/DD/OG/Ibaka. There's lots of time to mix and match with a 5th guy, if Delon's positive play continues I'd give him some run in the clutch and I really think Miles should be getting some minutes there. I'm not against FVV closing but do agree the choice of the 5th (even 4th) guy in the clutch should be more varied based on match-ups and who's rolling in that particular game.
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                Some guy wrote some thing about closing lineups on some other website: https://www.raptorshq.com/2018/1/4/1...-demar-derozan

I think 4 of the 5 closers by default should be Lowry/DD/OG/Ibaka. There's lots of time to mix and match with a 5th guy, if Delon's positive play continues I'd give him some run in the clutch and I really think Miles should be getting some minutes there. I'm not against FVV closing but do agree the choice of the 5th (even 4th) guy in the clutch should be more varied based on match-ups and who's rolling in that particular game.
                I agree with the KL/DD/OG/Ibaka unit for closing, plus a flexible 5th depending on the game situation and who's hot that day. I'm against lineups that are too "fixed" and leave no room for adapting to the pulse of the game. But here would be my "parameters" in determining the 5th guy:

1. Don't play 3 PG's.
                2. Stick to the hot hand on that particular day (and that includes JV, if applicable).
                3. Likewise, if any of the core-finishers are having a sleepy night, bench them and put in whoever is hungrier. Clutch is about grit, legs & lungs. One of the 4 might not have it all that night. That's ok. Coach needs to recognize that and sit them up.
                4. If there's a lot of ground to make up in a relatively short number of possessions, go with Miles.
                5. If the opposing team has too many good perimeter defenders succesfully locking down Miles, but we're ahead and the goal is more to "hold the fort", go with Delon.
                6. The only situation FVV should be the 5th closer imo is if the team is having a lot of turnover problems (or if the opposing team is playing a kind of defence that is aggressively attempting to force turnovers)

My gut feeling is that all-in-all Miles need more closing exposure. If we need him in the post-season in that role, we need him comfortable there.
                Last edited by inthepaint; Fri Jan 5, 2018, 04:09 AM.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                  Some guy wrote some thing about closing lineups on some other website: https://www.raptorshq.com/2018/1/4/1...-demar-derozan

Comment

Working...
                  X