Announcement

Collapse

Raptors Republic Android & iOS App

Hey guys and gals,

We're running a, how should I say, pilot or beta version of our new Raptors Republic app. We haven't made it official as we're still trying to work out some bugs while improving the user interface. So, its not the final version so expect to see more changes over the next while.

Anyhow, please feel free to download. Available on both Android & iPhone. It's absolutely free.

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rsrepublic.app

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-...6946?ls=1&mt=8

If we could ask a favour though. We're welcoming feedback and suggestions on perhaps things you'd like to see. At the end of the day we're doing this for you guys by making everything here easier available for you the user. Please send your feedback (Regardless if its positive or negative) to raptorsrepublic@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance and we hope you guys enjoy the application.
See more
See less

3 Games in the next 13 days

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Scraptor wrote: View Post
    A little painful to see Nets fans boasting about taking our picks and having Carroll lead them to a road win with their other 4 starters out.

    Really wish we'd changed the system before he got here.
    Had to adjust payroll...This was the guy.
    When money has to be moved for convince there is a cost.....The upside is that moving a player like Carroll creates a vacuum. Into the vortex slides Norm and OG. Which is a much brighter future than an aging Carroll.

    A couple of low probability picks ..one in the mid 20s and the other in the high 30s to low 40s was a fair price.

    You just move on.
    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Mon Nov 27th, 2017, 11:48 AM.

    Comment


    • #17
      Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
      Had to adjust payroll...This was the guy.
      When money has to be moved for convince there is a cost.....The upside is that moving a player like Carroll creates a vacuum. Into the vortex slides Norm and OG. Which is a much brighter future than an aging Carroll.

      A couple of low probability picks ..one in the mid 20s and the other in the high 30s to low 40s was a fair price.

      You just move on.
      Agreed. You just never like to have to throw in picks or eat partial contracts to get rid of bad contracts.
      #facts of the NBA and most pro sports

      Comment


      • #18
        9 teams. And while yes it is quite easy to get into the playoffs, it's not necessarily a bad thing for a "treadmill" team to go on a run. In happens in all the sports that aren't nba, some people prefer leagues where half the teams have a chance rather than the top 2 or 3
        It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

        Comment


        • #19
          Vince Carter still has hops!

          Comment


          • #20
            KeonClark wrote: View Post
            9 teams. And while yes it is quite easy to get into the playoffs, it's not necessarily a bad thing for a "treadmill" team to go on a run. In happens in all the sports that aren't nba, some people prefer leagues where half the teams have a chance rather than the top 2 or 3
            I mean in the nba in theory treadmill teams could go on a run (about half the league in the playoffs), it's just that the best teams have become so good that there isn't much parity anymore. So I dunno. Though in the cfl it is 6/9, which is a pretty high percentage. Anyhow, if you could somehow stop all that super teaming you could have the same thing is my point

            Comment


            • #21
              nba_4_life wrote: View Post
              Vince Carter still has hops!
              I'd kind of like to see him finish his career here, but I'm not sure who we would actually want to send to the Grizzlies (never mind who they'd take), or whether there would even be a place for him in our rotation. And if we want to hold off paying the luxury tax until next year, it's probably even more impossible.

              Comment


              • #22
                TheWaterboy wrote: View Post
                I'd kind of like to see him finish his career here, but I'm not sure who we would actually want to send to the Grizzlies (never mind who they'd take), or whether there would even be a place for him in our rotation. And if we want to hold off paying the luxury tax until next year, it's probably even more impossible.
                Please. No. Quitter. Carter. II
                No need to hear half booing all year ....

                Comment


                • #23
                  NeedTristanThompson wrote: View Post
                  I mean in the nba in theory treadmill teams could go on a run (about half the league in the playoffs), it's just that the best teams have become so good that there isn't much parity anymore. So I dunno. Though in the cfl it is 6/9, which is a pretty high percentage. Anyhow, if you could somehow stop all that super teaming you could have the same thing is my point
                  No you couldn't. The nba has always been this way, with a small handful of teams with a shot, and 7th and 8th seeds having no shot. This isnt something new in the lebron era
                  It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    G__Deane wrote: View Post
                    Please. No. Quitter. Carter. II
                    No need to hear half booing all year ....
                    The booing is over, or just a small minority that you can't hear. Almost everyone has either moved on or is too young to remember, and more of the remaining few would be won over if he came back to play.

                    I would say go for it if there was a long injury to replace, but right now there's no room for Vince. There's barely room for Delon Wright and cj miles etc as it stands
                    It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      TheWaterboy wrote: View Post
                      I'd kind of like to see him finish his career here, but I'm not sure who we would actually want to send to the Grizzlies (never mind who they'd take), or whether there would even be a place for him in our rotation. And if we want to hold off paying the luxury tax until next year, it's probably even more impossible.
                      Vince is mentoring in Sacramento
                      If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                        Vince is mentoring in Sacramento
                        "Mentoring"

                        Vince is the jaromir jagr of the nba. Stayed single so he could play ball and bang broads. Vince is what every man wishes they could do lol
                        It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X