Game #20: Toronto Raptors 126 - Charlotte Hornets 113

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GLF wrote: View Post
    This might be a really evil thing to say but I'm happy Lucas is injured once again. Finally Casey will stop playing him. Lucas' threshold for pain is so low its crazy lol.
    Team first. That's not evil at all. I'm with you on that one

Comment

• Story of BeBe's life. Plays 8 minutes, looks mostly lost out there, somehow the team is +13 in 8 freaking minutes while he plays, then gets hurt, because of course he does.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
        felt like i was in bizarro world seeing Dwight hit jumpers and break ankles lol
        Some of those :moves" weren't even that good. He just walked around Poeltl at least 2 or 3 times
        I think Jac just gave him too much respect and hasn't developed a chip on his shoulder yet

Comment

• Mamba Mentality

Comment

• I can't believe sportsnet closed the game with drunk drake and butt kiss matt. A couple segments with the bench unit sure, but they rode drunk drake all 4th quarter. Hopefully he stops coming to games lol
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
              Story of BeBe's life. Plays 8 minutes, looks mostly lost out there, somehow the team is +13 in 8 freaking minutes while he plays, then gets hurt, because of course he does.
              Why do we hate players who constantly are on the floor when we go on runs? Bebe's net rating last year +9.8 in over 1000 minutes. This year +11.3 in over 200 minutes. Yeah he's not good in the traditional sense, constantly injured, plays almost exclusively vs bench, etc, but there is something there that we seem to be missing.

I'm replying to this comment, but there are others even worse - glad he's injured? Wow.
              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                Why do we hate players who constantly are on the floor when we go on runs? Bebe's net rating last year +9.8 in over 1000 minutes. This year +11.3 in over 200 minutes. Yeah he's not good in the traditional sense, constantly injured, plays almost exclusively vs bench, etc, but there is something there that we seem to be missing.

I'm replying to this comment, but there are others even worse - glad he's injured? Wow.
                He's plus-minus black magic. I don't think he should be playing ahead of the other two C's, but he's a great piece to have in situations like last night, where the other two are in foul trouble or one's having a bad night, to throw out there and give a completely different look and have a great shot at winning those minutes. Can't be relied on to provide good minutes consistently (every time we've tried he's either suddenly played terribly or gotten hurt), but he's still a great depth piece to have.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                  I understand it may be his first time with a mic, but he's got to learn to point it at the interviewee when he's done asking the question. That said, as cheesy as it is, there's some kid playing high school basketball somewhere who sees that and thinks "hey, it might be nice to play for the Raptors"

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                    I understand it may be his first time with a mic, but he's got to learn to point it at the interviewee when he's done asking the question. That said, as cheesy as it is, there's some kid playing high school basketball somewhere who sees that and thinks "hey, it might be nice to play for the Raptors"
                    I guess it's cool in the sense that the players feel pretty "big league". As much as we know toronto is a massive city, it's still small market in the nba landscape. And almost every player in the league likes to feel a little "new york or LA" every now and then. Easy to forget these guys are mostly all guys in their 20s from normal upbringings that listen to hip hop. I was in high school nearly 15 years ago so drakes not my cup of tea, but I could imagine it'd be like rubbing shoulders with jay z 15 years ago.
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Bebe's plus-minus numbers can't just be noise. They've been like that the entire time he's been here.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                        The worst part about that Raptor broadcast was having to listen to Drake go on an on about nothing for a whole half and Matt and LEO uncomfortably fake laugh through the whole thing. I understand SportsNet wanting to appeal to Drake fanboys but some of us actually want to hear some actual basketball play by play and colour commentary....

I agree with what another poster said last night; dude is just an attention whore and Sportsnet gives him the platform.....far too often and FAR too long. You never saw Jack Nicholson do that, you don't see Billy Crystal do that, hell you don't even see Spike Lee do that. Even Marcus Stroman of all people didn't run up asking to interviewed lol

So stroll over and interview him once a game for the fanboys if you like but keep him away from the scorer's table and whatever you do, don't hand him a dam mike and headset to ad-lib for an hour.....sorry, he's just annoying to me, ymmv
                        Last edited by G__Deane; Thu Nov 30, 2017, 12:12 PM.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                          The worst part about that Raptor broadcast was having to listen to Drake go on an on about nothing for a whole half and Matt and LEO uncomfortably fake laugh through the whole thing. I understand SportsNet wanting to appeal to Drake fanboys but some of us actually want to hear some actual basketball play by play and colour commentary....

I agree with what another poster said last night; dude is just an attention whore and Sportsnet gives him the platform.....far too often and FAR too long. You never saw Jack Nicholson do that, you don't see Billy Crystal do that, hell you don't even see Spike Lee do that. Even Marcus Stroman of all people didn't run up asking to interviewed lol
                          There are a lot of Drake fans who don't watch the Raptors. Imagine there were more than a few guys watching the game who called their wives/girlfriends in from the other room when Drake was on. Although I just muted the sound once he started talking. .
                          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Derozan with 30 points but barely went to the line. Lately he hasn't been drawing fouls
                            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                              Derozan with 30 points but barely went to the line. Lately he hasn't been drawing fouls
                              2.4 FTA over the last 5 games.
                              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X