Game #20: Toronto Raptors 126 - Charlotte Hornets 113

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rocwell wrote: View Post

I don't know how much of this is rocket science . Despite their youth, their core is a veteran team. They're a good team and at least in the last two losses, they play a solid first half, go in with a lead and it can't be that easy to come out with the same fire once you've already done that.

Comment

• Remember declining kyle lowry? He's gone. After last night, he's up to ~17-6-6 (nearly 8 Reb per 36!) And the shooting? 3pt % is now a career high .417, 45% for the month of November. All this in an ideal 32 mpg. Let's just hope he's November kyle in the playoffs
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
        Derozan with 30 points but barely went to the line. Lately he hasn't been drawing fouls
        There were a number of times I couldn't believe he didn't do his normal jump into the D for a foul. Should have run at Howard all night lol

Comment

even Casey knows it's #fakewin
          This is Spursian.... I love it. Casey getting pissed off after a win. Like I said before, winning with bad habits is almost like an L to a good coach.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
            This is Spursian.... I love it. Casey getting pissed off after a win. Like I said before, winning with bad habits is almost like an L to a good coach.
            Yeah it’s a coach being a coach...
            There is ALWAYS something you could do better....

It’s very evident that he is really steamed about giving back those leads in the third quarter in short order right after breaking their collective backs to build them in the 1st half.
            There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
            - TGO

Comment

• Try starting a different unit. This one is problematic. The 1st and 3rd quarter starts aren't just "effort" or all this intangible stuff that people want to pretend it is.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                Try starting a different unit. This one is problematic. The 1st and 3rd quarter starts aren't just "effort" or all this intangible stuff that people want to pretend it is.
                Isn't there a whole other thread where that's been gone over? And over and over .... and over .....

Comment

• Bebe is a third string centre who does what a third string centre does. Provides insurance but expectations are low. He was a lottery pick who really should have been picked in the late first round or early second. Poeltl is our back up and possibly our future starter but he does need to get stronger, stop getting into foul trouble and needs to hit his free throws.

Comment

Derozan with 30 points but barely went to the line. Lately he hasn't been drawing fouls
                    Isn't that somewhat of a good thing? I swear everyone used to say when the whistle goes away in the playoffs Demar won't be able to score. Well it looks like this season he will.
                    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                      Bebe is a third string centre who does what a third string centre does. Provides insurance but expectations are low. He was a lottery pick who really should have been picked in the late first round or early second. Poeltl is our back up and possibly our future starter but he does need to get stronger, stop getting into foul trouble and needs to hit his free throws.
                      I know. Just bring JV off the bench, and start Poetl. Everyone knows he needs to get stronger. Imagine the exercise he will get playing against Howard, Gortat, Damarcus Cousins, Drummond etc. Sarc/

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                        I know. Just bring JV off the bench, and start Poetl. Everyone knows he needs to get stronger. Imagine the exercise he will get playing against Howard, Gortat, Damarcus Cousins, Drummond etc. Sarc/
                        You can really build your muscles and stamina constantly getting back up off the floor ......

Comment

Try starting a different unit. This one is problematic. The 1st and 3rd quarter starts aren't just "effort" or all this intangible stuff that people want to pretend it is.
                          Not saying you're wrong, but how do you know for sure that effort isn't part of the problem?

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                            Isn't that somewhat of a good thing? I swear everyone used to say when the whistle goes away in the playoffs Demar won't be able to score. Well it looks like this season he will.
                            Maybe he won't be a historically bad shooter in the playoffs this year?
                            Maybe instead of having spent his whole regular season...
                            all of his reps and effort, jumping into guys to create contact and draw the foul...
                            maybe, just maybe, he'll actually be able to just score.

[IMG]

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                              Not saying you're wrong, but how do you know for sure that effort isn't part of the problem?
                              I have never said that.

Read my post again. I said it's not "just" effort. Effort is somewhat of an issue but for me the lineup itself is the bigger problem. If the problem was just effort then the issue of poor defense would be reflected in every lineup that includes Lowry/DD/Ibaka which is not the case.

Comment

I have never said that.

Read my post again. I said it's not "just" effort. Effort is somewhat of an issue but for me the lineup itself is the bigger problem. If the problem was just effort then the issue of poor defense would be reflected in every lineup that includes Lowry/DD/Ibaka which is not the case.
                                Except the argument is not that KL/DD/SI/JV are always lacking effort. Just quite often, to open each half, they come out soft and don't play hard at first, as they "feel out" the opposition. It's very difficult to isolate for that statistically, but at the least, quarter break splits suggest the story is similar with a small ball lineup (the combined 1st and 3rd Q net rating for the small ball look is -2, which is better than the starters in those Q's but not exactly evidence of this only being a lineup thing, especially since most of those minutes would come after like 5-6 minutes of that "feeling out" is done).

And in 2nd Q's, the starting lineup 4-some (leaving SF aside, though OG has been awesome there) has killed it in 2nd Q's, with a crazy good +31.2 net rating in 46 minutes (a small portion of their sample, but a decent sample for a lineup at this point in the season). If the lineup was just fundamentally flawed, they'd suck all the time.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X