replied
    G__Deane wrote: View Post
    Like Darth Vader to Luke Skywalker? I'm confused
    They are the original Gerald Henderson

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    It's Charlotte Hornets though. Damn right I have a bad feeling about this. They are our original fathers.
    Like Darth Vader to Luke Skywalker? I'm confused

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    consmap wrote: View Post
    Poeltl will probably end up matching up with Howard at some point, and it'll be a good test to see how well he can handle bigger bodies right now. Unless Casey decides to trot out Bebe against Howard.

Hopefully JV is up for this game, he usually is when he's up against a big time center. If he can bait Howard into fouling a lot that'll really help.

Also, I wish we had Delon for this game. He could possibly slow down Kemba... maybe OG could give it a try.
    Yeah, it will be good to see Poeltl take a shot at Howard. Especially with the Kemba PnR, we may need him subbing in for JV sooner than later, and then it will be a question of whether he can handle Howard inside.

I would definitely have a lot of OG and Powell trying to contain Kemba.

Leave a comment:

• Shaolin Fantastic
    replied
    Lmao.

Leave a comment:

• consmap
    replied
    Poeltl will probably end up matching up with Howard at some point, and it'll be a good test to see how well he can handle bigger bodies right now. Unless Casey decides to trot out Bebe against Howard.

Hopefully JV is up for this game, he usually is when he's up against a big time center. If he can bait Howard into fouling a lot that'll really help.

Also, I wish we had Delon for this game. He could possibly slow down Kemba... maybe OG could give it a try.

Leave a comment:

• SkywalkerAC
    replied
    Quality rest/practice time.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    Deems wrote: View Post
    It's game 20. The proverbial measuring stick for advanced data enthusiasts. I wonder how much a blowout win/loss will affect their assumptions of the team.
    A lot less than it would have at game 5, that's the point!

Although I've been pegging a few games from now (I think game 22, or 23?) as a good spot to draw a line because the schedule balances out at that point (ie they'll have played enough easy and/or home games to make up for the tough schedule they've had to this point).

That said, I'm dropping a big stats based post tomorrow before game 20, so clearly I'm not living as I preach.

Leave a comment:

• Deems
    replied
    It's game 20. The proverbial measuring stick for advanced data enthusiasts. I wonder how much a blowout win/loss will affect their assumptions of the team.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    I bet someone has "a bad feeling" about it though
    It's Charlotte Hornets though. Damn right I have a bad feeling about this. They are our original fathers.

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    TRex wrote: View Post
    Automatic win.
    I bet someone has "a bad feeling" about it though

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    Automatic win.

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    Scraptor wrote: View Post
    He's literally been fined twice this season for making offensive sexual gestures at opposing fans. And the way he backstabbed Stan Van Gundy, how he refused to run the pick and roll with Steve Nash, the hypocrisy about his religious proclamations while he's fathering multiple children out of wedlock....

Howard is an immature manbaby who wasted much of his potential. Not quite as big a jerk as LeBron but a jerk in his own special way imo.
    I wasn't even aware of that story, haven't really followed him for yeasr. Looks like he never grew up....too bad

"According to Spotrac, the fine marked Howard's sixth of the season. He was most recently fined Nov. 7 for directing an obscene gesture toward a fan while playing against the Timberwolves two days earlier. The other fines were the result of technical fouls.

Howard, 31, is averaging 15.5 points, 12.9 rebounds and 1.3 blocks in 18 games this season."
    Last edited by G__Deane; Mon Nov 27, 2017, 02:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Abbas
    replied
    rocwell wrote: View Post

HE better FCUKING PLAY.... the ONLY reason I'm going to the GAME is to see his beautiful ass

Leave a comment:

• rocwell
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Scraptor
    replied
    Never seems to be a j/e/r/k on or off the court like someone like LeBron for instance,
    He's literally been fined twice this season for making offensive sexual gestures at opposing fans. And the way he backstabbed Stan Van Gundy, how he refused to run the pick and roll with Steve Nash, the hypocrisy about his religious proclamations while he's fathering multiple children out of wedlock....

Howard is an immature manbaby who wasted much of his potential. Not quite as big a jerk as LeBron but a jerk in his own special way imo.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X