Future of the Raptors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Future of the Raptors?

Okay. So Masai's a smart guy. He must be planning for the future. So what will happen? Will they just develop players and all and hope they turn out well? I remember saying Masai something like "developing players is going to be more important"...
    ANyway

Here is the theory:
    - Fred Vanvleet becomes Kyle Lowry, takes over as starter once Kyle retires or is too old.
    - Norman Powell becomes Demar, so in 3/4 years I guess he's an all star
    - OG Anunoby becomes Kawhi Leonard, no problem, that's an easy one
    - Pascal Siakam becomes I dunno, just better at what he does, is able to shoot lots of 3s and defend well (a guy who does what Terrence Ross was supposed to do but is also amazingly fast in transition)
    - Delon Wright becomes healthy and is one of the most unique players ever
    - Poeltl becomes everything JV was supposed to be and more, defends well, is quiet but quietly great and everytime we play the warriors (or an other good team) gets 10+ offensive rebounds
    - Bruno. Makes the team? (or maybe he becomes Brazillian CJ, who knows?)
    - Bebe becomes Manute Bol who can shoot 3s (grows a few inches)

Will this team win??
    Last edited by NeedTristanThompson; Tue Nov 28, 2017, 05:47 AM.

"Will this team win??"

Will Casey still be here?

Comment

Future of the Raptors?...

Cloudy.

Comment

Future is bleak. Terminator 2 style bleak
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

NeedTristanThompson wrote: View Post
          Okay. So Masai's a smart guy. He must be planning for the future. So what will happen? Will they just develop players and all and hope they turn out well? I remember saying Masai something like "developing players is going to be more important"...
          ANyway

Here is the theory:
          - Fred Vanvleet becomes Kyle Lowry, takes over as starter once Kyle retires or is too old.
          - Norman Powell becomes Demar, so in 3/4 years I guess he's an all star
          - OG Anunoby becomes Kawhi Leonard, no problem, that's an easy one
          - Pascal Siakam becomes I dunno, just better at what he does, is able to shoot lots of 3s and defend well (a guy who does what Terrence Ross was supposed to do but is also amazingly fast in transition)
          - Delon Wright becomes healthy and is one of the most unique players ever
          - Poeltl becomes everything JV was supposed to be and more, defends well, is quiet but quietly great and everytime we play the warriors (or an other good team) gets 10+ offensive rebounds
          - Bruno. Makes the team? (or maybe he becomes Brazillian CJ, who knows?)
          - Bebe becomes Manute Bol who can shoot 3s (grows a few inches)

Will this team win??
          FVV will not be on this team next year... because we wont be willing to overpay him. Simple as that

I also don't think Bebe and JV are long for this team. We may just trade for Marc Gasol and thats my hope.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
            Future of the Raptors?...

Cloudy.
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

There's a basic problem with this plan, if that's actually Masai's plan.

And that is that you can spend as much time and effort as you want on development, but if a player has a low ceiling, it doesn't really matter if they reach their full potential.

I don't think there's ever been a championship team made up of late first/second round/undrafted picks.

It will be interesting to see if Masai chooses to rebuild, whether or not he tries again to build from the middle rather than tank. He did say, “I’m not sure the karma is great when you do stuff like that."

But it's all so far away from now.

Comment

In Wright, Powell, OG, Siakam and Poeltl, they have good promising pieces for years to come. Will be easy to have a winning team for a lot of years if well managed.

Comment

MU's plan is to go all-in with this core, with a 2/3-year window, while collecting assets for the inevitable rebuild/retool. Lowry and Ibaka will be the first to go when their contracts are up, with DeRozan and Casey potentially up next, depending how the next 2 years go. Everybody else on the roster is nothing more than a complimentary asset at this point, to support the Casey/Lowry/DeRozan core.

Comment

There's an old saying for life about worrying too much about the future and not living your today's. On raptors republic, we gnash our teeth and chew our fingernails about 3 years from now in late November.

In season talk is supposed to be more fun.

Comment

DeMar will stay for the rest of his career

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                        There's an old saying for life about worrying too much about the future and not living your today's. On raptors republic, we gnash our teeth and chew our fingernails about 3 years from now in late November.

In season talk is supposed to be more fun.
                        OG is our king

Comment

consmap wrote: View Post

Comment

Amazing how the answers to so much of this speculation fall entirely on how well the young guys will hit 3s (even JP eventually?). If they can hit at an above average rate from deep most have the defensive chops to be exceedingly good players, even centrepieces. Otherwise, role players. Put another way, if FVV can hit 40% from deep and Lonzo Ball continues to hit less than 30%. I'd rather have the former.

Comment

we're fucked lol

Comment

Working...
                              X