No announcement yet.

Game #24: Toronto Raptors 102 - Sacramento Kings 87

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone here go onto the b/l/u/e/j/a/y/s/dot/c/o/m/ site?
    I can't access the comment areas, thought it might be the same issue/virus as was here.

Comment

• JV and get both make 3's in the same game. You may NEVER see that again

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
        Yay! The site's back! And the Raps won both gimmes. I'll take it, even if they flipped the script and the starters powered the team to wins while the bench crapped the bed, for the most part. Nice to see the main starting group start to look a little better with the weaker schedule. Their struggles were always overblown with them posting a roughly average net rating, but especially so with the tough schedule they've faced. Good on Casey for riding with them, letting them turn it around. Not sure I'd have had the same patience, even if I thought they could work as a unit.

Norm is starting to worry me. He's struggled with the starters this year more than I thought he would (or OG really is that great, but either way Norm shouldn't be starting), and he's definitely not cut out to be primary playmaker off the bench. If they start using Lowry/DD with the bench more, Norm could rediscover some of his effectiveness, but that's a narrow role... Something to watch for the next little while.
        Seems like it's all in Norm's head right now. His decision-making is pretty bad. Doesn't really know where to get his shots from, and doesn't read/react to the defense. He makes up his mind on the touch, and forces things too often.

Casey may need to simply things for him and be like, "from now on, your primary role is to defend. Take the open shot if it's there, but defense first". That is, until he can get his confidence back up.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
          Seems like it's all in Norm's head right now. His decision-making is pretty bad. Doesn't really know where to get his shots from, and doesn't read/react to the defense. He makes up his mind on the touch, and forces things too often.

Casey may need to simply things for him and be like, "from now on, your primary role is to defend. Take the open shot if it's there, but defense first". That is, until he can get his confidence back up.
          I'm pretty sure that has always been Norm's role though. Even as a starter they weren't going to ask him to do more than that. Some players play better in an iso system when the attention is heavily on the star players. I'm thinking Norm might be one of those players. Good new is there is plenty of season left to adjust. Bad news is OG doesn't look like he's going to give up the starters role any time soon.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
            I'm pretty sure that has always been Norm's role though. Even as a starter they weren't going to ask him to do more than that. Some players play better in an iso system when the attention is heavily on the star players. I'm thinking Norm might be one of those players. Good new is there is plenty of season left to adjust. Bad news is OG doesn't look like he's going to give up the starters role any time soon.
            They've been running a lot of primary action through Norm in those bench units, and he's struggled with that (as he always has). Doesn't explain his malaise with the starters, but he's definitely not getting that 3+D role card right now.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
              I dunno, it seems like he's forcing up shots like he's Jamaal Crawford reincarnated. He's either doing it himself, or Casey has added "bench scorer" to Norm's role card.

Comment

• Really shouldn't have given him an extension.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                  Really shouldn't have given him an extension.
                  Nah, even with his struggles he's one of the few value trade pieces the Raps will have this summer.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Norm will be fine, he's a good basketball player.
                    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                      Norm will be fine, he's a good basketball player.
                      Lol, I expect more for you, SR. This is Leo-esque analysis

Comment

Nah, even with his struggles he's one of the few value trade pieces the Raps will have this summer.
                        His value is going to be next to zero if he doesn't improve on how he's playing.

I think you're overrating how he'd be perceived around the league in a trade. On his rookie deal this year he would've been looked at as a young player a team could take a flyer on and see what his potential is before paying him. Now he's already been paid about 6th man money, so he needs to be able to produce like one or his value will be low. He's 25 in the spring, he's not 21 or 22 where he still has a ton of room to grow.

Plus I think the fact that he has been paid is affecting his play somewhat. He's not a scrappy 2nd round pick fighting for a place in the league anymore, he's now a guy who's secured his spot so I'm sure some of that fire is gone.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                          I dunno, it seems like he's forcing up shots like he's Jamaal Crawford reincarnated. He's either doing it himself, or Casey has added "bench scorer" to Norm's role card.
                          Would make sense they want to expand his role after investing in him, but Norm forcing up bad shots seems more like he's trying too hard to fit into the offence. I doubt any coach says to shoot those shots.

Comment

His value is going to be next to zero if he doesn't improve on how he's playing.

I think you're overrating how he'd be perceived around the league in a trade. On his rookie deal this year he would've been looked at as a young player a team could take a flyer on and see what his potential is before paying him. Now he's already been paid about 6th man money, so he needs to be able to produce like one or his value will be low. He's 25 in the spring, he's not 21 or 22 where he still has a ton of room to grow.

Plus I think the fact that he has been paid is affecting his play somewhat. He's not a scrappy 2nd round pick fighting for a place in the league anymore, he's now a guy who's secured his spot so I'm sure some of that fire is gone.
                            Meh, he's getting basically exactly what CJ Miles got. Norm's got serious upside beyond CJ Miles, and teams know that even if he struggles here this year.

I seriously doubt it's a lack of fire in his play. If anything, he's playing too hard and not smart enough.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Meh, he's getting basically exactly what CJ Miles got. Norm's got serious upside beyond CJ Miles, and teams know that even if he struggles here this year.

I seriously doubt it's a lack of fire in his play. If anything, he's playing too hard and not smart enough.
                              Does he? Based on what? Very worried this is another TRoss situation.

Comment

Does he? Based on what? Very worried this is another TRoss situation.
                                Wouldn't a TRoss situation end up being a good thing?

Comment

Working...
                                X