Jonas Valanciunas

Sacramento Kings

George Hill

De'Aaron Fox

Garett Temple

JaKarr Sampson

Zach Randolph

KEY MATCHUP:

• The Raptors have kicked off their road trip with a comeback win against the Memphis Grizzlies on Friday night. DeMar DeRozan contributed 26 points to lead the team in scoring, and Serge Ibaka had a standout contribution with 21 points.
    • After having a number of games with multiple days of rest in between, the Raptors have a back to back coming up. They face the Sacramento Kings on Sunday and the Los Angeles Clippers on Monday.
    • The Sacramento Kings are another struggling team the Raptors must go through, but Toronto must play hard all the same. Players in both the starting lineup and coming off the bench need to play with energy and focus, especially on the road.
    Last edited by consmap; Sun Dec 10th, 2017, 12:32 AM.

• Puffer
    replied
    slaw wrote: View Post
    ...Unlike many of the posters here, current management in Toronto doesn't give up on players overnight.
    That is sooooo old school. Today we insist everyone shoot threes and we give up on them quickly 'cause churning wins championships.

Leave a comment:

• GLF
    replied
    slaw wrote: View Post
    I'm trying to figure out how it's a bad thing. Ross was inconsistent for the Raps but he played a lot of good games along with the bad and was a key rotation piece during Toronto's upswing. He peaked and got traded for a good player. He was still a solid role player here.

Powell will be fine. He defends and he works hard. They'll figure out where exactly he fits as the season goes along. Unlike many of the posters here, current management in Toronto doesn't give up on players overnight.
    And thank the Lord for that

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    Wouldn't a TRoss situation end up being a good thing?
    I'm trying to figure out how it's a bad thing. Ross was inconsistent for the Raps but he played a lot of good games along with the bad and was a key rotation piece during Toronto's upswing. He peaked and got traded for a good player. He was still a solid role player here.

Powell will be fine. He defends and he works hard. They'll figure out where exactly he fits as the season goes along. Unlike many of the posters here, current management in Toronto doesn't give up on players overnight.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
    Does he? Based on what? Very worried this is another TRoss situation.
    Ross who was the centrepiece of a deal with a late 1st for our current starting PF? Yeah, that's the idea.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    Wouldn't a TRoss situation end up being a good thing?

Leave a comment:

• Shaolin Fantastic
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post
    Meh, he's getting basically exactly what CJ Miles got. Norm's got serious upside beyond CJ Miles, and teams know that even if he struggles here this year.

I seriously doubt it's a lack of fire in his play. If anything, he's playing too hard and not smart enough.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    His value is going to be next to zero if he doesn't improve on how he's playing.

I think you're overrating how he'd be perceived around the league in a trade. On his rookie deal this year he would've been looked at as a young player a team could take a flyer on and see what his potential is before paying him. Now he's already been paid about 6th man money, so he needs to be able to produce like one or his value will be low. He's 25 in the spring, he's not 21 or 22 where he still has a ton of room to grow.

Plus I think the fact that he has been paid is affecting his play somewhat. He's not a scrappy 2nd round pick fighting for a place in the league anymore, he's now a guy who's secured his spot so I'm sure some of that fire is gone.
    Meh, he's getting basically exactly what CJ Miles got. Norm's got serious upside beyond CJ Miles, and teams know that even if he struggles here this year.

I seriously doubt it's a lack of fire in his play. If anything, he's playing too hard and not smart enough.

Leave a comment:

• LJ2
    replied
    Nilanka wrote: View Post
    I dunno, it seems like he's forcing up shots like he's Jamaal Crawford reincarnated. He's either doing it himself, or Casey has added "bench scorer" to Norm's role card.
    Would make sense they want to expand his role after investing in him, but Norm forcing up bad shots seems more like he's trying too hard to fit into the offence. I doubt any coach says to shoot those shots.

Leave a comment:

• Shaolin Fantastic
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post
    Nah, even with his struggles he's one of the few value trade pieces the Raps will have this summer.
    His value is going to be next to zero if he doesn't improve on how he's playing.

I think you're overrating how he'd be perceived around the league in a trade. On his rookie deal this year he would've been looked at as a young player a team could take a flyer on and see what his potential is before paying him. Now he's already been paid about 6th man money, so he needs to be able to produce like one or his value will be low. He's 25 in the spring, he's not 21 or 22 where he still has a ton of room to grow.

Plus I think the fact that he has been paid is affecting his play somewhat. He's not a scrappy 2nd round pick fighting for a place in the league anymore, he's now a guy who's secured his spot so I'm sure some of that fire is gone.

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    S.R. wrote: View Post
    Norm will be fine, he's a good basketball player.
    Lol, I expect more for you, SR. This is Leo-esque analysis

Leave a comment:

• S.R.
    replied
    Norm will be fine, he's a good basketball player.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    Really shouldn't have given him an extension.
    Nah, even with his struggles he's one of the few value trade pieces the Raps will have this summer.

Leave a comment:

• Shaolin Fantastic
    replied
    Really shouldn't have given him an extension.

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    LJ2 wrote: View Post
    I'm pretty sure that has always been Norm's role though. Even as a starter they weren't going to ask him to do more than that. Some players play better in an iso system when the attention is heavily on the star players. I'm thinking Norm might be one of those players. Good new is there is plenty of season left to adjust. Bad news is OG doesn't look like he's going to give up the starters role any time soon.
    I dunno, it seems like he's forcing up shots like he's Jamaal Crawford reincarnated. He's either doing it himself, or Casey has added "bench scorer" to Norm's role card.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X