Game #25: Toronto Raptors 91 - Los Angeles Clippers 96

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
    The NBA will not allow another Cavs vs. Raptors finals...it’s just bad business. That was one of the less watched East Finals.

Irving vs. LeBron will be something Loyal BB fans and casual fans alike are looking forward to watch.
    And then LeBron is gonna destroy Irving and the Celtics

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
      Powell drives are reminding me of Rudy Gay when he played here. Just constantly driving into traffic and losing the ball or missing a layup.

It’s a confidence thing in my opinion with Powell...for him to lose his starting spot can be bad for a psyche of a developing player.

Don’t forget that he was instrumental against the Bucks in the playoffs.

Playing behind Derozan will always be a major obstacle for him. Especially now that Casey is more inclined in playing OG than him.

Playing along side Derozan can be very difficult if you are missing your shots. Just like players before him, Carroll and Gay...they were relegated as spot up shooters.

Casey does not help the cause.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
        And then LeBron is gonna destroy Irving and the Celtics

Yup, it’s like a scripted movie.

Unless the Raptors can acquire another legitimate star who can match the star power of Lebron, we will always hope that it’s always the trade deadline. Lol

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
          It's December bruh
          Same noise we hear every season.

Before we know it, April is just around the corner.

Comment

Same noise we hear every season.

Before we know it, April is just around the corner.
            Saying this is a first round exit team after one bad game in December when you're sitting at #3 in the conference is moronic

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
              Saying this is a first round exit team after one bad game in December when you're sitting at #3 in the conference is moronic
              But T Rex may have a point.... after all, history does support his feelings.

2014-15 was when the Raptors got embarrassed in the first round by the Wiz even with HCA.

Comment

• This team reminds me so much of the team that got swept a couple of years ago.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

But T Rex may have a point.... after all, history does support his feelings.

2014-15 was when the Raptors got embarrassed in the first round by the Wiz even with HCA.
                  That bench was I thought had the experience than obviously these youngsters that we have.

Grieves, Lou, Ross, Patterson, James Johnson, Hansbrough and Hayes.

Do you think that these young guys have the sustainable offense and defensive games against a playoff contender in a seven game series?

We are talking about beating the same team for 4 games

Comment

• This loss is on casey and him sitting jv the last few crucial possessions. Brural.
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Ujiri has to do an All In move, that’s the reality if he has not yet woken up from his stupor.

This three year project is just a slogan for him.

He is not developing a generational talent.

So by signing Derozan, Casey, Lowry and Ibaka...he has to make a decision that this is a go or bust move.

Unless, he is just fooling himself that maybe LeBron breaks a toe nail just right after 48th minute of the 82nd game.

Comment

• Dwane Casey calling out JV post-game for the Milos 3 is just a complete joke. Kyle made a bad switch, didn't recover at all, and somehow expects the big to be out there after stopping the roll. Idiot.

Anyways, at least the starting bigs played pretty well today (although I could do with a few less Ibaka contested jumpers, yikes). It's night and day with Valanciunas when he's confident vs. when he's not. The back-down dribble is where it seems most noticeable, tonight he was quick with the ball. He needs to figure out how to get mentally locked in like that consistently.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                          Dwane Casey calling out JV post-game for the Milos 3 is just a complete joke. Kyle made a bad switch, didn't recover at all, and somehow expects the big to be out there after stopping the roll. Idiot.

Anyways, at least the starting bigs played pretty well today (although I could do with a few less Ibaka contested jumpers, yikes). It's night and day with Valanciunas when he's confident vs. when he's not. The back-down dribble is where it seems most noticeable, tonight he was quick with the ball. He needs to figure out how to get mentally locked in like that consistently.
                          Why would he bother when he won't play at the end of the game anyway

Comment

• I've notice the past few games that opposition teams are getting back quickly in transition against our bench unit, especially bigs who are guarding Pascal. Seems like they've scouted us and know that the Raps game plan this year is to push the ball quickly in transition, even after opposition makes. We're probably losing a few easy buckets by the bench mob that we were getting earlier in the season.

That said. FVV & Lowry sucked. 0 fer everything from 3 by your PGs is almost a sure loss in the NBA these days. JV was a monster and Ibaka is bringing more energy these days. So much for JV & Ibaka can't play together. Norm.... wtf?

Comment

• The FVV closing problem is a real problem (or at least, the team has a real problem closing games). Even in wins we've been bleeding points in the clutch this year. FVV is part of that (though not all of it). Another part is relying on Serge at C to close too much. The "spacing" Casey talks about going after late in games just translates to "no screeners for the guards." And the offence (and player/ball movement) DIES in the clutch because of it, plus the lack of offensive rebounding to help bail the team out after misses (team is second-to-last in OREB% in the clutch, and 25th in TS%, and 2nd-to-last in AST% as well).

Raptors players who have played at least 6 minutes of clutch time this season:
                              Lowry 31 MP: -14.1 net rating
                              DD 31 MP: -14.1 net rating
                              Ibaka 30 MP: -10.5 net rating
                              FVV 15 MP: -15.3 net rating
                              OG 13 MP: -10.4 net rating
                              JV 8 MP: +7.6 net rating
                              Wright 7 MP: -73 net rating

The extra guard looks are NOT working down the stretch this year. The small ball look is not working down the stretch this year. It needs to be more of a matchup decision, not an every night small look.

But FVV has the worst net rating among the heavily used closers, and to my eye that's not a coincidence. He's been really good as a backup PG, particularly when in those always-successful star+bench units. He's been fine on his own against benches. But we should really be playing 5 of our best 6-7 players in the clutch, depending on matchup, and FVV does not fit that criterion. He's our third string PG. A very good 3rd string PG. But that's all.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                                Dwane Casey calling out JV post-game for the Milos 3 is just a complete joke. Kyle made a bad switch, didn't recover at all, and somehow expects the big to be out there after stopping the roll. Idiot.

It's almost as if Jonas only gets himself hyped vs. the "marquee" centre matchups (i.e. Jordon, Cousins, Drummond, etc.).

Comment

Working...
                                X