Game #25: Toronto Raptors 91 - Los Angeles Clippers 96

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    I see your point but, looking at the East playoff standing what team would put us in that scenario? I can only think of Detroit out of the bunch.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
    Boston's most used lineup this year is also their best, and it has Aron Baynes at C. I'd rather JV go up against him than Ibaka or Poeltl. Philly and Embiid could well end up in the bottom half of the bracket. Detroit, obviously. The Knicks are a borderline playoff team right now and Kanter would be a JV matchup.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Yes, playing JV will solve all that.

Yeah, it's not like having a decent screen setter would help our guards score, or like JV's ratings in the clutch have been great for... his entire career here.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Yes but, somehow he has the 3rd best playoff record over the last couple years. That sounds pretty good to me.

That's what I call a "matt Devlin stat". Sounds great on tsn for the average fan that just flipped channels from the hockey game. We all know that it's fun winning 50 games, but we're in a different tier than cleveland. The realists are critical because we'd like to close that gap.
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Yes but, somehow he has the 3rd best playoff record over the last couple years. That sounds pretty good to me.

I wish I could have some of the koolaid you’ve been drinking for the last couple years.

Comment

• Casey has never been "in-game coach" he is slow to adjust. Most of the time he falls into patterns.
            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
              That's what I call a "matt Devlin stat". Sounds great on tsn for the average fan that just flipped channels from the hockey game. We all know that it's fun winning 50 games, but we're in a different tier than cleveland. The realists are critical because we'd like to close that gap.
              I don't know if you've noticed but, everybody in the East is a different tier than Cleveland. Ever since LBJ came back. Ever since than Raps have one of the best records in the playoffs.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                I wish I could have some of the koolaid you’ve been drinking for the last couple years.
                It's easy go check the win loss records.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• You can’t win every game, 6 in a row is pretty good. We were missing shots but playing good defence and kept the ball movement going even down the stretch. Serge missed a couple open jumpers that he absolutely should have made but Demar passed when he normally would have taken the contested shot so it’s all you can ask for. Yah, CJ should’ve been in over FVV but it’s a nit picking thing at that point. You just can’t win every game.

Comment

I don't know if you've noticed but, everybody in the East is a different tier than Cleveland. Ever since LBJ came back. Ever since than Raps have one of the best records in the playoffs.

I understand that, and you sound very much just happy to be there. I'm tired of being one of the best of the rest. The runner up to the runner up. This is year 5, I'm pretty used to 50~ wins and a half decent playoff.
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                      I understand that, and you sound very much just happy to be there. I'm tired of being one of the best of the rest. The runner up to the runner up. This is year 5, I'm pretty used to 50~ wins and a half decent playoff.
                      Ok but, how is that Casey's fault. Raps vs Cavs isn't a coaching. It's a talent issue.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                        The Raptors had an 80% DREB% last night with JV on the court, helping them to a 93 DRTG.

When he sat, they had a 64% DREB%, so even with more mobile defenders on the court, that DRTG rose to 99. Meanwhile, the offence absolutely died, dropping from struggling along at 101 with JV to absolutely anemic at 75 ORTG in the 20 minutes he sat.

What a stupid reason to lose a game. How do you not capitalize on a night where JV, our erstwhile weak point, gives you that?

Oh, god there's more on-off nuttiness. With JV on the court and setting screens and giving a roll man option, the team was getting their inconsistent scoring entirely off of ball movement, with an AST% of 68%. While he sat? 38%. Turnovers leapt from 10% to 15% when he sat. OREB% dropped from 8% (poor) to 4% (hilarious). eFG% dropped 5 points. TS% dropped over 10 points. AST/TO went from over 2 to 0.7.

Like, with all that info, how in the hell does anyone decide that's the guy that needs to sit late? Don't give me the "he was gassed" excuse - Ibaka was far worse off on that front, and it showed in his late (or non-existent) defensive rotations and bricking jumpers front rim late in the game. Why Casey rolled Ibaka out so early in the 4th is beyond me, but if you have to go that route and want to close with him, you've got to get him a few minute breather with Siakam out there beside JV in the middle of the 4th.
                        Preach!

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                          The Raptors had an 80% DREB% last night with JV on the court, helping them to a 93 DRTG.

When he sat, they had a 64% DREB%, so even with more mobile defenders on the court, that DRTG rose to 99. Meanwhile, the offence absolutely died, dropping from struggling along at 101 with JV to absolutely anemic at 75 ORTG in the 20 minutes he sat.

What a stupid reason to lose a game. How do you not capitalize on a night where JV, our erstwhile weak point, gives you that?

Oh, god there's more on-off nuttiness. With JV on the court and setting screens and giving a roll man option, the team was getting their inconsistent scoring entirely off of ball movement, with an AST% of 68%. While he sat? 38%. Turnovers leapt from 10% to 15% when he sat. OREB% dropped from 8% (poor) to 4% (hilarious). eFG% dropped 5 points. TS% dropped over 10 points. AST/TO went from over 2 to 0.7.

Like, with all that info, how in the hell does anyone decide that's the guy that needs to sit late? Don't give me the "he was gassed" excuse - Ibaka was far worse off on that front, and it showed in his late (or non-existent) defensive rotations and bricking jumpers front rim late in the game. Why Casey rolled Ibaka out so early in the 4th is beyond me, but if you have to go that route and want to close with him, you've got to get him a few minute breather with Siakam out there beside JV in the middle of the 4th.
                          these are some pretty damning stats lol.

so is JV/the starting lineup actually good again? Even setting last night aside he seems to have good metrics the past while, regardless of any raw numbers.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                            these are some pretty damning stats lol.

so is JV/the starting lineup actually good again? Even setting last night aside he seems to have good metrics the past while, regardless of any raw numbers.
                            League wide, over the past 9 games, they are the best lineup in the league with over 100 MP (at 139 minutes) with a +18 net rating. Over the past 6 games, they are head and shoulders the best lineup in the league with over 50 MP (at 102 minutes) with a +24 net rating. Over the past 4 games, they have by far the best net rating among lineups with over 35 MP (at 70 minutes) with a +31 net rating, more than double the next best lineup in that time.

For the season, the OG starters have now posted a +13.2 net rating with a 118.3 ORTG and 105.1 DRTG in 194 minutes.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                              Fred Van Vleet with 2 pts (0-6) and no assists but with 24 minutes. Why he played so much? holy shit
                              I like Van Vleet but he is out there way too much. This isn't the first time this season Casey has rolled him out there in EOG scenarios where he's been terrible all game. Guys like FVV shouldn't get that kind of consideration.

I haven't read the entire thread but I am surprised more people haven't been calling out Lowry, who was absolutely awful.

Comment

• This one is for my homie in the back, TRex:

"We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
                                X