Game #25: Toronto Raptors 91 - Los Angeles Clippers 96

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slaw wrote: View Post
    I like Van Vleet but he is out there way too much. This isn't the first time this season Casey has rolled him out there in EOG scenarios where he's been terrible all game. Guys like FVV shouldn't get that kind of consideration.

I haven't read the entire thread but I am surprised more people haven't been calling out Lowry, who was absolutely awful.
    Lowry couldn't hit a shot, which doesn't help, and played dumb especially down the stretch. Horrid game from him, though he was definitely trying, just not playing smart.

But players, even star players, have bad games sometimes. The team fought their way to be in a position to win in spite of that, which makes the rest of the issues so frustrating.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
      This one is for my homie in the back, TRex:

TRex is going through tough times right now.. Toronto FC are champions, and he hates them.

Chin up, TRex. Tough times never last, but tough people do

Comment

This one is for my homie in the back, TRex:

Holy 90s top 40 radio, batman. I just got a flashback to being in the car with dad during a middle school summer, asking him to crack a window if hes gonna have that cigarette
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• JV is slightly worse version of Enes Kanter.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
            When you're the best player on the floor like DeRozan and the game is close - you have to fuckin take over the game. Instead he disappeared and let Ibaka take all those clutch shots late in the 4th. Don't think Ibaka's shots were even close.

As for Lowry, if you're struggling shooting the ball i think it'd be better to to attack the rim and draw fouls instead of shooting long 3's? common sense right? and who wasn't surprised that he missed a clutch freethrow there in the end?

Bunch of chokers.
            Lowry always seems to miss clutch free throws. It's been happening for years

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
              Yes, if Lowry made a few threes, the team wins. Mostly because of JV, though.

And, "a" game like this? Over the past 7 games JV has the 2nd best net rating on the team, behind OG.
              Please stop using facts to confuse people

JV was 23 points and 15 rebounds including 6/6 from the line and 100% from the 3 .......23 and 15 and he sits while other centres are being manhandled and out rebounded set after set!

Casey just has it in for him for some reason since this is not a new situation. The dude has seldom been fed inside for season after season and some want to post negative stats that are partially because he's ignored inside lol

Comment

League wide, over the past 9 games, they are the best lineup in the league with over 100 MP (at 139 minutes) with a +18 net rating. Over the past 6 games, they are head and shoulders the best lineup in the league with over 50 MP (at 102 minutes) with a +24 net rating. Over the past 4 games, they have by far the best net rating among lineups with over 35 MP (at 70 minutes) with a +31 net rating, more than double the next best lineup in that time.

For the season, the OG starters have now posted a +13.2 net rating with a 118.3 ORTG and 105.1 DRTG in 194 minutes.
                damn, imagine how good they could be if we traded valanciunas for a bag of basketballs to start at the 5

Comment

• We have Ibaka and Poeltl that's not a bag of basketballs...

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                    JV is slightly worse version of Enes Kanter.
                    That must have killed you to see him play so well last night.
                    But Casey made it all better for you by inexplicably nailing his ass to the bench in the 4th....

That game last night was textbook for why he's a valuable PART of the C position. Serge and Poeltl can't do what we need JV to do in certain matchups.

Comment

We have Ibaka and Poeltl that's not a bag of basketballs...
                      it's a joke

Comment

• Valanciunas was 23 and 15, 8/10, 6/6 from the line and his 15 rebounds were one less than Ibaka, Lowry, Derozan and OG combined. Yet that's still not good enough for Casey to put JV on the floor in crunch time.
                        Kyle has had public issues with him, I have no idea how JV doesn't go off on him other than being a good team guy about it.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                          That must have killed you to see him play so well last night.
                          But Casey made it all better for you by inexplicably nailing his ass to the bench in the 4th....

That game last night was textbook for why he's a valuable PART of the C position. Serge and Poeltl can't do what we need JV to do in certain matchups.
                          He's not valuable though, it's one game.

The advanced stats for years now grade him out as a player who doesn't impact the game positively while he's on the floor. It's not bias to say that, it's literally what the numbers say.

And btw calling him another Kanter is not an insult, it is accurate. They have very, very similar numbers.

Comment

He's not valuable though, it's one game.

The advanced stats for years now grade him out as a player who doesn't impact the game positively while he's on the floor. It's not bias to say that, it's literally what the numbers say.

And btw calling him another Kanter is not an insult, it is accurate. They have very, very similar numbers.
                            The advanced stats say no such thing if you read into them a bit. Unless you are one to trust the catch-all impact numbers blindly.

And I think it's been explained pretty clearly that it's not just one game.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

21.4 MPG over the past 7 games. Prior to those 7 games, 20.1.

No one is saying he should play significantly more minutes consistently. Just that he's been key to the team's success lately and in specific situations should be used for more minutes, like the game last night, and that those specific situations can rear their head in the playoffs and the team shouldn't be quick to move on from the only guy on the roster that can currently handle those situations.
                              He's just a better player and more useful in 20 mpg than nearly all the proposed trade targets I've seen thrown out here, half of which are pipe dreams anyway. Ffs people were actually suggesting Kosta Koufos a couple of days ago. Do you know the last time he gave his team 20 and 10? March 2013. Fuck. Oh yeah, but that deal was going to include burying career journeyman Garret Temple somewhere behind DeRozan, OG, Miles, Powell, and Delon/FVV on the wing.

If there isn't a deal that actually makes the Raptors better, they're better off with JV's 20 mpg. It's why he's still here. Management is doing the right thing.
                              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

He's just a better player and more useful in 20 mpg than nearly all the proposed trade targets I've seen thrown out here, half of which are pipe dreams anyway. Ffs people were actually suggesting Kosta Koufos a couple of days ago. Do you know the last time he gave his team 20 and 10? March 2013. Fuck. Oh yeah, but that deal was going to include burying career journeyman Garret Temple somewhere behind DeRozan, OG, Miles, Powell, and Delon/FVV on the wing.

If there isn't a deal that actually makes the Raptors better, they're better off with JV's 20 mpg. It's why he's still here. Management is doing the right thing.
                                There was only one person who was suggesting Kosta and Temple for JV. That was me. And nobody agreed to it. lol
                                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Working...
                                X