Game #26: Toronto Raptors 115 - Phoenix Suns 109

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    But how is that coaches fault? If he can't read the game. Then it's on him.
    Sure it’s always ultimately on the player, but to be fair Norm was trained in a completely opposite way his 1st two years in the league and he needs to unlearn those habits. I mean, DeMar is just starting to read the game better and he’s been in the league for 8 years. This is NBA game speed we’re talking about here, where you’ve got to have your shit down so perfect that you don’t even think about it. Never mind also needing freakish athleticism. Looks easy from the stands or TV, but it’s all relative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Saw.highlights where Lowry was shaking his head when the Raps called a timeout.

Can't blame the coaching staff. Lowry chokes under pressure when it comes to shooting freethrows. I'm sure.the coaching staff know this that's why they called a timeout.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
        Saw.highlights where Lowry was shaking his head when the Raps called a timeout.

Can't blame the coaching staff. Lowry chokes under pressure when it comes to shooting freethrows. I'm sure.the coaching staff know this that's why they called a timeout.
        Well Lowry is shooting 87% from the line this year. Regardless of perception of choking, if you're in the 4th quarter of a tight game and can get the ball inbound without wasting a timeout (which teams have less of now) to a guy shooting 87%, it's pretty fucking unheard of to call a timeout to get it out of his hands. What if the other team steals it on the timeout inbound? Or we have to burn another timeout? Or if that was our last one and we got a 5 second violation?

Lowry had every right to be pissed and there wasn't good enough reason to call the timeout. #1 reason to call a timeout late in game like that is to make sure you inbound it without turning it over.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

Saw.highlights where Lowry was shaking his head when the Raps called a timeout.

Career 80% on FT's, he's had some up and down clutch FT% numbers the past few seasons. Anywhere from high 60's to low 80's in a given year. Usually a few points lower than his overall FT% for the season.
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Well someone posted here a stat where Lowry's freerhrow shooting percentage drops down to 50-60% in the clutch.

So uhh yeah you can't blame the coaching staff for calling a TO.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• I'm sure the coaching staff know this that's why they called a TO. And i'm sure Lowry is aware as well.

Lowry has no business gettimg mad at Casey or any of the coaching staff. How about you actually shoot better/step up when the game is on the line?
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                Sure it’s always ultimately on the player, but to be fair Norm was trained in a completely opposite way his 1st two years in the league and he needs to unlearn those habits. I mean, DeMar is just starting to read the game better and he’s been in the league for 8 years. This is NBA game speed we’re talking about here, where you’ve got to have your shit down so perfect that you don’t even think about it. Never mind also needing freakish athleticism. Looks easy from the stands or TV, but it’s all relative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Yeah I agree that he was trained in old system and succeeded in it. So it'll take some time for him to adjust and I think he'll figure it out. I also think with Delon back he'll be better.
                Last edited by MixxAOR; Thu Dec 14, 2017, 05:02 PM.
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Reading some of the posts here(lol) sounds like they almost lost to a team without Devin Booker.

This team is in fucking trouble. Same old shit every year.
                  Beyond me why YOU even bother watching them???

Comment

• Well since the Clippers lost i don't plan on watching Raps game anymore. I'm still going to follow the team though.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

Well someone posted here a stat where Lowry's freerhrow shooting percentage drops down to 50-60% in the clutch.

So uhh yeah you can't blame the coaching staff for calling a TO.
                      They were either wrong or using a small sample size of poor numbers. I don't think the coaches had bad Raptors Republic stats in mind when they called the TO.

His clutch FT% is low this year but the sample size is still small. Look at last year (https://stats.nba.com/player/200768/...n&Split=clutch) or any previous year for yourself, as I said he's typically a few points lower in his clutch FT% but generally still in the 70's.
                      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                        They were either wrong or using a small sample size of poor numbers. I don't think the coaches had bad Raptors Republic stats in mind when they called the TO.

His clutch FT% is low this year but the sample size is still small. Look at last year (https://stats.nba.com/player/200768/...n&Split=clutch) or any previous year for yourself, as I said he's typically a few points lower in his clutch FT% but generally still in the 70's.
                        Clutch situations by nature will be a small sample size, no?

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

And we were in a 3 pt game which means you only really worry about him making at least one.

Again, in that situation it makes little sense to call a timeout where the most important thing is getting the ball inbound and not turning it over.

The only way it's excusable is if Casey called it right away on the make but the ref was just slow to blow the whistle, which is entirely possible.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

Well since the Clippers lost i don't plan on watching Raps game anymore. I'm still going to follow the team though.
                            How do you plan to "follow the team but not watch any games"? Or by following the team do you mean just sit on this site being negative?

Comment

• By checking the highlights of the game that i'm interested in and reading the recap.

This team is just a complete waste of time and they don't interest me anymore. It's like watching a movie for the 5th time. You already know what's going to happen. You already know what the ending is going to be.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

By checking the highlights of the game that i'm interested in and reading the recap.

This team is just a complete waste of time and they don't interest me anymore. It's like watching a movie for the 5th time. You already know what's going to happen. You already know what the ending is going to be.
                                Ok bye

Comment

Working...
                                X