Game #27: Brooklyn Nets 87 - Toronto Raptors 120

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
    The thing is even with the new style. If Lowry/DD play bad results will be the same.

Lowry's been healthy *knock on wood* so far and playing low minutes/low usage. There's no excuse this time for a bad playoff performance. Really needs to step up this year if we wanna beat Cavs/Cs
    Weren't people panicking over Lowry playing quite poorly to start the year, a start in which the Raptors still posted a solid record in a very tough schedule?
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Casey is still upset about Demarre's offseason comments

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
        yeah style change wasn't really about results it was more aesthetics.
        I think style change was more about a thoroughly pissed off Masai dragging KL/DD/Casey kicking and screaming into the present. Behind closed doors, Masai was probably like: "Look, I got all you guys PAID .... you &*@#s owe me this."

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post

lol remember when Casey had crush on Demarre
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

FVV sweating

Comment

Truth hurts, Dwane.

Comment

I think the last sentence is very telling. Demarre seems to be embracing Brooklyn and his role there, and he never seemed happy or comfortable here. I don't remember any emotion, any smiling or even getting upset, he was just a guy punching a clock. And it showed in his play.

People can talk all they want about how the style has changed and he'd be the perfect 3&D guy, but it's usually the same posters that don't ever talk about the human aspect of basketball. It just wasn't working here. Enjoy being one of the top dogs on a crappy team, Pirate man.

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                  I think the last sentence is very telling. Demarre seems to be embracing Brooklyn and his role there, and he never seemed happy or comfortable here. I don't remember any emotion, any smiling or even getting upset, he was just a guy punching a clock. And it showed in his play.

People can talk all they want about how the style has changed and he'd be the perfect 3&D guy, but it's usually the same posters that don't ever talk about the human aspect of basketball. It just wasn't working here. Enjoy being one of the top dogs on a crappy team, Pirate man.

Speaking of the human side of basketball, though....

Brett Brown: Not Sharing the Ball Is Single Biggest Thing That Can Erode A Locker Room

https://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...-A-Locker-Room

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                    Speaking of the human side of basketball, though....

Brett Brown: Not Sharing the Ball Is Single Biggest Thing That Can Erode A Locker Room

https://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...-A-Locker-Room
                    Cory Joseph loved it here. Bismack loved it here. 2pat grew into a man and made a name. Ross as well. Lou will won 6th man. Amir was devastated to leave. Greivis as well sad to go. A majority of the guys listed also played better here than they did elsewhere.

There's a pattern among ex raps, and Carroll is more an exception or outlier. That should tell you a lot when you're trying to make the raptors george Costanza, "it's not you it's me"
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Comment

Ugh, Carroll's man D was atrocious, not just on that LeBron drive, but his entire stay in Toronto.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                          Cory Joseph loved it here. Bismack loved it here. 2pat grew into a man and made a name. Ross as well. Lou will won 6th man. Amir was devastated to leave. Greivis as well sad to go. A majority of the guys listed also played better here than they did elsewhere.

There's a pattern among ex raps, and Carroll is more an exception or outlier. That should tell you a lot when you're trying to make the raptors george Costanza, "it's not you it's me"
                          Oh, man Keon, those examples are so bad. lol.

CoJo, Lou Will & Greivis all got the KL/DD role cards and were allowed to dominate the ball - of course they loved it here. Biz and Amir aren't exactly catch and shoot guys like Carroll who need a shooting rhythm to score. Biz had trouble with the 'catch' part of that exercise, lol. 2Pat benefited from the system so much that he got much less than half of what people thought this market value would be... I'd like to hear his honest opinion of the system off the record, over a few beers. Ross is probably the best example, but I would argue that it will take Ross awhile to unlearn his bad habits, like Norm is going through now, before he can play in a normal system.

TBH, the players all loving Toronto is more about the fans and city, than the playing style. There was an article where Scola talked about the role players having to accept the extreme Ride or Die offense for the greater good. Carroll wasn't on board with that, I guess. I doubt PJ was either.

Comment

Carroll's improvements are overstated. Dig into his stats and you'll have a hard time finding any significant improvements, aside from a bump in rebounding.

Interestingly, his % of FG assisted is lower than it was in Toronto.

His #1 problem was still he was supposed to be a defensive stopper and he defended like shit. Ball movement has nothing to do with that. He got outplayed by a journeyman bench guy in PJ Tucker and a 1st/2nd year player in Powell. They flat out took his minutes from him, same team, same system. He got paid to perform and he couldn't do it.

I miss that 1st round pick but I don't miss Demarre Carroll.
                            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                              Ugh, Carroll's man D was atrocious, not just on that LeBron drive, but his entire stay in Toronto.
                              he is the dumbest defender i've ever seen and the injury took away his ability to compensate for it via effort and physicality.

our SF spot is unbelievably improved with OG and we're starting to see a sustained level of high performance from the starting group, partially as a result. Hopefully it will continue.

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                                Funny thing is, people here are still complaining despite our new offense, including one poster who watched years of hero ball, then stopped watching now that our offence actually fits the modern NBA.
                                I hope you're not talking about me. I'm overseas with limited access to the internet and zero access to Raptors basketball.

Comment

Working...
                                X