we have a good record but.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• we have a good record but.....

now the starters are playing well and the the bench looks tired where earlier it was opposite. the young guys hitting a wall? and the old guys finding there rhyme

The bench mob isn't tired. They can't hit open looks. Most of their other issues stem from that problem.
    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Probably a bit of an over-reliance on FVV too. Need Wright back as the primary backup.

Comment

rightsideup wrote: View Post
        now the starters are playing well and the the bench looks tired where earlier it was opposite. the young guys hitting a wall? and the old guys finding there rhyme
        Eminems album came out today. He still has his rhyme, but I'm afraid he's lost his reason
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Siakam and Powell are the biggest issues.. but FVV's been pretty bad too. Stagger the bench with one of Lowry, DD or Ibaka and I think that'll help.

Hopefully Wright fixes a lot of their problems. He'll definitely help by just reducing both FVV and Powell's minutes.

I'd rather have a good starting unit then a bench though. Once the playoffs hit the bench minutes will get squeezed naturally anyway.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
            Siakam and Powell are the biggest issues.. but FVV's been pretty bad too. Stagger the bench with one of Lowry, DD or Ibaka and I think that'll help.

Hopefully Wright fixes a lot of their problems. He'll definitely help by just reducing both FVV and Powell's minutes.

I'd rather have a good starting unit then a bench though. Once the playoffs hit the bench minutes will get squeezed naturally anyway.
            Yep. There was no easy answer to the starters' struggles. There's an easy answer for the bench's struggles, even if Wright doesn't rejuvenate the unit upon his return. Much prefer this.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Thank god I thought this was going to be a tanking thread.

The bench will be okay, will be good to get Delon and Bebe back soon.
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post

Getting Bebe back doesnt really solve anything. He is a problem more often than not.

Comment

Zainab wrote: View Post
                  Getting Bebe back doesnt really solve anything. He is a problem more often than not.
                  not looking forward to casey trying to shoehorn 10 minutes of bebe into every game at the expense of JV and Jakob.

Comment

Bebe's role on this team should be like Bruno's, which is being a DNP
                    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

KHD wrote: View Post
                      not looking forward to casey trying to shoehorn 10 minutes of bebe into every game at the expense of JV and Jakob.
                      That's what makes the Legend of Bebe so intriguing! We could go +20 in those 10 minutes.

Or -50

Comment

Zainab wrote: View Post
                        Bebe and Delon were definitely contributing to the whole bench mob success thing. Having a deep bench to maintain high energy play and pull out whichever guys fit the match-ups best were key characteristics of the bench earlier this year.
                        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Bebe and Delon were definitely contributing to the whole bench mob success thing. Having a deep bench to maintain high energy play and pull out whichever guys fit the match-ups best were key characteristics of the bench earlier this year.
                          Maybe young lacking that motivation now that they don't have to compete.
                          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
                            Bebe's role on this team should be like Bruno's, which is being a DNP
                            Never let facts get in the way.

Last year team Net RTG +4.9 Bebe +9.8

This year team Net RTG +7.2 Bebe +11.3

Yeah, he can be pretty brutal sometimes, but then Casey yanks him pretty quickly.
                            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

we have a good record but.....

Trex where you at? Delon > FVV it’s not even close and I love me some FVV.

Comment

Working...
                              X