No announcement yet.

we have a good record but.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unless he’s closing. There’s never a situation I see that FVV should be closing. That’s the biggest criticism I have of Casey, other than that he’s been strong all year.

Comment

Maury wrote: View Post
      Trex where you at? Delon > FVV it’s not even close and I love me some FVV.
      D. Wright certainly has the better tools (minus shooting) but I would wait for a better game from Delon.... lol

FVV - 3/5 FG 7 points 1 assist in 13 mins

D. Wright - 3/8 FG 7 points 2 assists in 16 mins

Please note: Delon played in garbage time while FVV was the backup PG and sat in garbage time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Let's not forget that OG is a big factor in both the early bench dominance and the current chemistry with the starters, bringing both defensive intensity and great play and movement off the ball plus a respectable-enough three point shot that teams can't exactly dare him to shoot it yet like they're doing with Siakam.

There are certainly other personnel issues in play - Wright's injury removed some much-needed second unit playmaking at the same time that Norm started forcing everything in all the wrong ways. Even Bebe at his best provides more off-ball movement than Poeltl does, which would help reduce the offensive stagnation which used to plague the starters and is now plaguing the bench more.

With Delon back, I expect that our bench offense will improve significantly (FVV's bench minutes should really be at SG when Delon is able to play, as that's what his brain is currently wired for), but the real question is one of whether the bench defense will find a way to step up to the energy, compete level, and strong play as a unit they had when OG was still with them. If not, then it may be time for us to do a little shuffling of second line to find that defensive spark, possibly by way of a 10th or 12-th man level trade, or maybe even something as simple as putting Mckinnie in for short bursts when someone is playing OK but not within the team's second unit's ideal dynamic.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
          Probably a bit of an over-reliance on FVV too. Need Wright back as the primary backup.
          this is what I have been calling for for a while. Wright needs to develop his 3 point shot and he needs to be back as the primary back up. FVV is a bit overrated BUT he hits his 3pointers...

Comment

I like Wright a lot and see him as having a much higher ceiling than FVV, but I can see him being a little too chaotic for Casey to rely on in crunch time. Like today, had a couple turnovers in a row, but also had a couple awesome defense/transition moments. FVV does far fewer noticeable things, but he also makes fewer mistakes.

But I do look forward to the day when we see KL/DD/DW/OG together as a small-ball closing unit, with whichever of JV or SI makes the better matchup.

Comment

I'm just confused as to how Bebe is still in terrible shape, he's been in the league like 4 years now...

Comment

Very likely this is the best Raptors squad to date.

Comment

octothorp wrote: View Post
                  I like Wright a lot and see him as having a much higher ceiling than FVV, but I can see him being a little too chaotic for Casey to rely on in crunch time. Like today, had a couple turnovers in a row, but also had a couple awesome defense/transition moments. FVV does far fewer noticeable things, but he also makes fewer mistakes.

But I do look forward to the day when we see KL/DD/DW/OG together as a small-ball closing unit, with whichever of JV or SI makes the better matchup.
                  So this was the closing unit last night, and I thought they looked great. Digging into it a little more, despite a low sample size, this lineup (with Ibaka) currently has the best per 48 net point differential of any Raptors lineup to play at least 10 minutes together, at +51. Their only other sizeable chunk of minutes together came back in the game against Houston, where they were also really effective. In that game, that unit went on in the 4th with 8 minutes left and a 6 point game, and went on a 16-8 run over 6 minutes to put the game out of reach.

Would definitely like to see them get more crunch time minutes.

Comment

Working...
                  X