Game #28: Sacramento Kings 93 - Toronto Raptors 108

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 full days off and on to Charlotte.
    They're only 10-19 but 8-8 @ home so no easy win. Keep pushing Raps! Serge should be even more fully rested than the rest of the team.

Comment

• I know almost everyone here ignores quizzes, but fuck it, I'll ask anyway.

Last year our top 3 rotation players by USAGE % were in order - DD, Kyle and Serge (or Powell 3rd since Serge only played 23 games)

Without looking , who are the top 3 rotation players by USAGE % this season?
      If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
        I know almost everyone here ignores quizzes, but fuck it, I'll ask anyway.

Last year our top 3 rotation players by USAGE % were in order - DD, Kyle and Serge (or Powell 3rd since Serge only played 23 games)

DD, Kyle, OG/VanVleet

Comment

i know almost everyone here ignores quizzes, but fuck it, i'll ask anyway.

Last year our top 3 rotation players by usage % were in order - dd, kyle and serge (or powell 3rd since serge only played 23 games)

without looking , who are the top 3 rotation players by usage % this season?
          dd, kl, fvv?

Comment

• Had to look it up, and colour me surprised.

Comment

• I say it's a trick question: DD, Lowry, Ibaka
              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• We have 2 days off then a B2B. So now is the perfect time to create a jinx thread and we can all secretly hope it comes true.

Comment

I know almost everyone here ignores quizzes, but fuck it, I'll ask anyway.

JV, Bruno and .... FVV

Comment

• Most of you got #1 DD, #'2 and #3 not so much.

#3 was guessed, just not in the right spot. No one has #2.
                    Last edited by 3inthekeon; Sun Dec 17, 2017, 11:22 PM.
                    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Here's the link for the quiz answer

https://stats.nba.com/team/161061276...gular%20Season

Comment

Here's the link for the quiz answer

https://stats.nba.com/team/161061276...gular%20Season
                        6 guys you could throw a blanket over. That's pretty cool to see from the Raps.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                          6 guys you could throw a blanket over. That's pretty cool to see from the Raps.
                          And the rotation player with the lowest usage also has the highest Offensive Rating. The awesomeness of the OG.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                            Raptors winning.
                            Or because it's a Sunday afternoon game against a crap team

Comment

And the rotation player with the lowest usage also has the highest Offensive Rating. The awesomeness of the OG.
                              That's how it normally works. If you can achieve a really high offensive rating at very high usage, then you're MJ or Lebron.

That said, what an absolute perfect fit OG was for this team, at this time. We've been searching for that big SF, 3&D wing for what seems like forever. The low usage makes the chemistry work even better, with 4 starters who need their touches, and OG can take his time to develop his offensive game.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                                That's how it normally works. If you can achieve a really high offensive rating at very high usage, then you're MJ or Lebron.

That said, what an absolute perfect fit OG was for this team, at this time. We've been searching for that big SF, 3&D wing for what seems like forever. The low usage makes the chemistry work even better, with 4 starters who need their touches, and OG can take his time to develop his offensive game.
                                That's true of individual offensive ratings - NBA.com uses on-court offensive ratings.

Although OG does also have the highest individual ORTG of the starters (121), but only just above Lowry and JV (119), with DD (115) and Serge (113) bringing up the rear.

Here's another fun quiz: according to bball-ref, who is the only player on the team with a higher individual ORTG than all 5 starters?
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X