Game #28: Sacramento Kings 93 - Toronto Raptors 108

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slaw wrote: View Post
    6 guys you could throw a blanket over. That's pretty cool to see from the Raps.
    That Bruno guy needs more time!

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
      That's how it normally works. If you can achieve a really high offensive rating at very high usage, then you're MJ or Lebron.

That said, what an absolute perfect fit OG was for this team, at this time. We've been searching for that big SF, 3&D wing for what seems like forever. The low usage makes the chemistry work even better, with 4 starters who need their touches, and OG can take his time to develop his offensive game.
      No, that is not normal. Here's the stats for rotation players. I used 20 GP, 15 Min/Game. Yeah, there are plenty of low Usage/high ORT combos, but I'm not seeing OG's lowest/highest combo on other teams.

http://stats.nba.com/players/advance...gular%20Season
      If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
        That's true of individual offensive ratings - NBA.com uses on-court offensive ratings.

Although OG does also have the highest individual ORTG of the starters (121), but only just above Lowry and JV (119), with DD (115) and Serge (113) bringing up the rear.

Here's another fun quiz: according to bball-ref, who is the only player on the team with a higher individual ORTG than all 5 starters?
        I guessed Bebe. Wrong.
        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
          No, that is not normal. Here's the stats for rotation players. I used 20 GP, 15 Min/Game. Yeah, there are plenty of low Usage/high ORT combos, but I'm not seeing OG's lowest/highest combo on other teams.

http://stats.nba.com/players/advance...gular%20Season
          You can debate the concept of "skill curves" (i.e. ORTG vs. USG) with Dean Oliver - one of the founders of modern day basketball analytics. A good read, if you haven't already..... (Chapter 19: the Problem with Scorers)

https://books.google.ca/books?id=jlt...page&q&f=false

Comment

Here's the link for the quiz answer

https://stats.nba.com/team/161061276...gular%20Season
            Essentially, this team is doing a much better job of intentionally getting shots for guys with offensive skills rather than just asking everyone to fit themselves around the starting guards' super high usage.

Is Patrick Patterson a poor man's OG Anunoby?
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
              You can debate the concept of "skill curves" (i.e. ORTG vs. USG) with Dean Oliver - one of the founders of modern day basketball analytics. A good read, if you haven't already..... (Chapter 19: the Problem with Scorers)

https://books.google.ca/books?id=jlt...page&q&f=false
              Again, as noted, you are talking about two different stats. ORTG on the NBA's web page is NOT the ORTG that Oliver talks about in his book. That's individual ORTG, individual points created per individual possession used. NBA.com's ORTG is team points created per team possession used while the player is on the court.

Skill curves apply to individual ORTG. They do not apply to on-court ORTG like the NBA site displays.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Just looked back at some highlights of this game and our defence really wasn't that bad. Most the shots they hit were highly contested to slightly contested. There were like maybe 4 shots that were wide open and our defence broke down. Sac was just shooting the ball crazy good yesterday. We did pick up our intensity on defence in the second half but to me our D was good enough in the first. And as we all thought Sac cooled down along with our defence picking up and they played like their usual selves in the second half.
                I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Must be boring being a Warriors fan. I mean honestly, the Raps are not even that good and they're just beating up on teams like the Kings and Brooklyn.

The NBA need more competition and less super teams. Right now as its structured, there's a couple of elite teams, a few good teams(like the Raps)and a bunch of real bad teams.

It's just not fun to watch. The gap between the Warriors and the Raptors are so wide.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                    Must be boring being a Warriors fan. I mean honestly, the Raps are not even that good and they're just beating up on teams like the Kings and Brooklyn.

The NBA need more competition and less super teams. Right now as its structured, there's a couple of elite teams, a few good teams(like the Raps)and a bunch of real bad teams.

It's just not fun to watch. The gap between the Warriors and the Raptors are so wide.
                    Players make too much now so guys like LeBron/Wade/Bosh can collude to make less (lol) and Durant can do the same to form super teams and win fake titles

#fake titles. It's now a thing....

Comment

• NBA has been pretty bad for a while. I used to watch a whole skate of games but now I just watch Toronto since I have a vested interest in he team. The league is no fun since we all know the warriors are just gonna win again this year.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                        Players make too much now so guys like LeBron/Wade/Bosh can collude to make less (lol) and Durant can do the same to form super teams and win fake titles

#fake titles. It's now a thing....
                        Players make what they should make. If you have a problem with their salaries being too high then stop watching, buying jerseys, playing the video games and adding to the league’s revenue.

Comment

• Meh, it's the NBA. Championships have always been dominated by a very small number of players/teams. There's actually been a good range of champions the last 20 years, relatively speaking.

Basketball is just unique in how 1 great player can dominate the ball on both sides of the floor and can play 40+ minutes in the playoffs if needed. There's no other sport like that.
                          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                            Meh, it's the NBA. Championships have always been dominated by a very small number of players/teams. There's actually been a good range of champions the last 20 years, relatively speaking.

Basketball is just unique in how 1 great player can dominate the ball on both sides of the floor and can play 40+ minutes in the playoffs if needed. There's no other sport like that.
                            Yes but there's usually more suspense in any given year. It's gonna be golden state, we knew that in august like we know that in December like we'll know that in may
                            Last edited by KeonClark; Tue Dec 19, 2017, 11:32 AM.
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                              Yes but there's usually more suspense in any given year. It's gonna be golden state, we knew that in august lime we know that in December like we'll know that in may
                              Rockets might have something to say. They've been awesome with Paul.

Comment

Rockets might have something to say. They've been awesome with Paul.
                                They'll have nothing to say. Harden has trouble making it past his 2nd round opponent most years, goes out like a silent stinky fart
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X