Game #29: Toronto Raptors 129 - Charlotte Hornets 111

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
    To be fair Batum used to be very good and a great fit on pretty well any team. DD not so much. Careers have taken opposite trajectories the past few years.
    I was one of the people who thought Derozan had pretty much peaked after he overhauled his game a few years ago. I am glad I was wrong. He is such an outlier. You don't often see a guy at his age, after all the all-star appearances, constantly improving his game year over year. It just.... doesn't happen.

I mean, you go back and look at the 2008-2010 drafts: which players are still getting better? Harden? Maybe Curry? But even then you see tweaks to their games - Derozan has re-imagined his game on a couple of occasions now. Every other single player in those draft years has either plateaued or is on the downside of their careers (if still in the league). It's pretty remarkable.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
      For sure. Batum is also 30 now. Mostly I just continue to be amazed by DeMar improving every year, especially this year seeing how well he plays within the offence. He gets 30 points now and it's not forced, it's just right.
      Yeah, that whiteboard sig of yours has been totally erased this year.
      If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
        Yeah, that whiteboard sig of yours has been totally erased this year.
        Take that for data!
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
          Great minds (...well, basketball obsessed minds) think alike..

https://youtu.be/G5ezq9iP-oY?t=1m17s
          I've read people questioning OG's shooting form and I agree that it looks funky but the key to me is that as long as it goes in the basket and is repeatable and consistent, which it seems to be, I don't really care what it looks like. Everyone seems to believe he'll regress but he did have a bad stretch shooting the three and seems to have moved past that, so, maybe he really can shoot?!

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
            I've read people questioning OG's shooting form and I agree that it looks funky but the key to me is that as long as it goes in the basket and is repeatable and consistent, which it seems to be, I don't really care what it looks like. Everyone seems to believe he'll regress but he did have a bad stretch shooting the three and seems to have moved past that, so, maybe he really can shoot?!
            He said recently (can't remember where) he could always shoot in high school and college, he just had a slump before his injury last year and because he only played 16 games, it brought his numbers down. 1st year college he shot .448 from 3 in 34 games (fewer attempts + smaller role, tho).

What I noticed last night is Delon is at .923 on his FT's, which seems crazy for a guy who is generally averse to taking jump shots and doesn't seem to have much confidence in his shot. OG is definitely confident in his shot.

Comment

• Did anyone watch the Fox Sports Carolinas broadcast? Dell Curry was saying how Toronto is in Top 3 cities list (next to Oakland and LA), talked about Caribana being "Canada's Mardi Gras", and how the golf courses are great. His fellow broadcasters were in utter disbelief, lol.

Comment

• What’s also crazy is that Malik Monk got some action tonight. He was selected 12 picks ahead of Anunoby. Maybe the staff was watching Anunoby give us buckets and thought, “Wait. That’s what we drafted our guy for.” and actually put him in the game. He ended with 8 points and 4 assists in 14 minutes.
                https://www.atthehive.com/2017/12/20...29-111-lamb-32

Comment

• Dominate Dominate Dominate

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                    Did anyone watch the Fox Sports Carolinas broadcast? Dell Curry was saying how Toronto is in Top 3 cities list (next to Oakland and LA), talked about Caribana being "Canada's Mardi Gras", and how the golf courses are great. His fellow broadcasters were in utter disbelief, lol.
                    Dell has always been a big TO promoter.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                      Dell has always been a big TO promoter.
                      He even said he kept his home in Toronto for years after leaving the Raptors.

Comment

• Jalen Rose loved the city, too.

Comment

• Everyone loves The Six.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                            Everyone loves The Six.

Comment

• Funny comment, but I would guess Silas was thinking more along the lines of "Wait, we drafted our guy 12 picks ahead of that guy?"

Monk has been brutal. Only member of -100 club on the Hornets, although another brilliant Cho pick, Kaminsky (the pick Cho refused to trade for multiple 1sts) is now -98. Kemba, despite his rough night, is still +103 on the season.
                              Last edited by 3inthekeon; Thu Dec 21, 2017, 02:42 PM.
                              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Oh, and OG is now +234, #9 in the league. #10 is Durant. Chew on that Cho.

Comment

Working...
                                X