• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game #29: Toronto Raptors 129 - Charlotte Hornets 111

Projected Starters:

Toronto Raptors - JV, Ibaka, OG, DeRozan, Lowry
    Charlotte Hornets - Howard, Williams, MKG, Batum, Walker

Notes:
    • This is the second time this season the Raptors will be facing the Hornets. Last time out the Raptors won in Toronto 126-113. Lowry lead all scorers with 36 points.
    • Kemba Walker was unavailable for the Hornets last time around. He should be available on Wednesday.
    • Raptors will be playing the first game of a back to back as they face the 76ers on the road on Thursday.
    • The Hornets are on a 4 game home stand.. Currently 0-2 prior to facing the Knicks at home on Monday.
    • The Hornets are 9 wins back from .500 and 5.5 games from a playoff spot in the East (prior to their game on Monday). They are 13th in the Eastern conference.
    • The Raptors are still sitting 3 games back from the first seed in the East and are currently on a 3 game winning streak. They are 9-1 in their last 10.

Let's go Raptors!

Stop Howard from turning back the clock again and stay away from early foul trouble. Should be fun.

Comment

Hey I used that picture in my gamethread when they played against Charlotte earlier this year

He stole from me. BAN HIM!
      OG is our king

Comment

lol. Bulls won again. Punching teammates in the face is the new sports motivational tool.

Comment

Still can't like posts but you have my thanks for keeping the streak going, planetmars.

Comment

consmap wrote: View Post
            Hey I used that picture in my gamethread when they played against Charlotte earlier this year

He stole from me. BAN HIM!
            Needed some of your thread making mojo to keep my streak alive

Truthfully though, I just randomly picked an image off of google search, and had no idea it was used before.

Comment

Anyone catch the Celtics/Pacers game last night... man what a choke.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                Pisses me off how lucky the Celts keep getting.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Celtics are now 4 games ahead of their expected W-L record. Lots of clutch wins like they did last year (and Memphis is a team that did that last year too). Definitely luck involved there, but might also be a team that is coached well late in games.

Comment

That was a choke job in the worst possible way.. but Kyrie showed up like he always does in the 4th. Two huge 3's that made it a game.

The one thing this team is missing since Lou was here is a guy that's clutch. DD sort of has that gene but no where close to guys like Kyrie, James, or even IT. So if we're playing Boston or Cleveland in the playoffs we better win big.

Comment

That was a choke job in the worst possible way.. but Kyrie showed up like he always does in the 4th. Two huge 3's that made it a game.

The one thing this team is missing since Lou was here is a guy that's clutch. DD sort of has that gene but no where close to guys like Kyrie, James, or even IT. So if we're playing Boston or Cleveland in the playoffs we better win big.
                      That's why I'm wondering whether it's really just luck or there's input from the Celtics making that happen. Kyrie is one of the best 4th quarter performers this year like Isaiah was last year. That likely isn't just down to luck or coincidence.

Comment

Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                        That's why I'm wondering whether it's really just luck or there's input from the Celtics making that happen. Kyrie is one of the best 4th quarter performers this year like Isaiah was last year. That likely isn't just down to luck or coincidence.
                        Kyrie was a solid clutch performer before joining the Celtics, though....

Comment

That was an epic fail of a loss. Happens to every team but why did it have to be against the Celts?

Comment

Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                            Celtics are now 4 games ahead of their expected W-L record. Lots of clutch wins like they did last year (and Memphis is a team that did that last year too). Definitely luck involved there, but might also be a team that is coached well late in games.
                            Yeah, they've been amazing in the clutch. Mostly on the strength of scoring in the paint (they have the most PITP/36 in the clutch this year) - 40% of their points in the clutch are coming from in close to the basket. Which really might be a sign of great coaching down the stretch.

So hard to say what is pattern and noise with clutch stats. Raps were a top notch clutch team last year, not so much this year. At this point of the season last year, BOS had a negative clutch net rating, and by the end of the year ranked 5th, while the Rockets started off with a +10 net rating and dropped to negative by the end of the year... While the Raps were ridiculously consistent throughout the season last year. If it holds, they will probably outrun their pythagorean wins, but who knows?
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Containing Kemba is key, to say the obvious.

Kemba has been really good for the Hornets. They've been +124 this year when he's on the court. Malik Monk has been really bad for the Hornets. They've been -127 when he's on. One of only 3 teams with at least one +100 player and a -100 player.
                              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Working...
                              X