Christmas game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas game?

When was the las time the Raps played on Christmas day? when VC was here? can someone explain to me why that is? they've been one of the best teams in the East for 4-5 years now.

The Knicks i believe are playing on Christmas day again this year lol. The Wolves are pkaying as well i believe. They have a good team but they haven't made the playoffs since 04 i believe. Surprised Chicago is not playin though lol. But i bet you they'll be there next year.

Why put a team in Canada, if you're just going to treat them like a second rate franchise?

Man fuck this league.
    Mamba Mentality

who cares? But the reasons are obvious no?

Comment

Is this the "big announcement" you mentioned a while back?
      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

No
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
          When was the las time the Raps played on Christmas day? when VC was here? can someone explain to me why that is? they've been one of the best teams in the East for 4-5 years now.

The Knicks i believe are playing on Christmas day again this year lol. The Wolves are pkaying as well i believe. They have a good team but they haven't made the playoffs since 04 i believe. Surprised Chicago is not playin though lol. But i bet you they'll be there next year.

Why put a team in Canada, if you're just going to treat them like a second rate franchise?

Man fuck this league.
          It's because Christmas day is a big draw for the national broadcast, that nation being the US. And there are not a lot of Raptors' viewers in the states, compared to other teams, meaning the floor viewership is lower (fans of the two teams playing), even if there was potentially a higher ceiling viewership if the Raptors were really good. With the schedule being decided in summer, it's risky to bet on a viewership ceiling - instead, they bet on the floor, hence the constant inclusion of the Lakers and Knicks (huge US fanbases) even when they are bad.

The other factor that's a pretty safe bet in terms of draw is superstar power, and the Raptors' stars aren't really superstars in terms of drawing eyes. The last guy they had like that was... Vince. And that's why they got the Xmas day appearance then.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

It's the same reason why I, as a Canadian viewer, wouldn't bother tuning into a Memphis Grizzlies broadcast (even when they were winning 50 games consistently).

Comment

No
              your thread is a virus

Comment

Shut up rocwell.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Leafs playin today, Marner finally scored. 1st goal in 40 something days. Just like a true 3rd liner lol.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

Shut up rocwell.
                    I'm telling ya. Same shit again.

Comment

Grandpa Simpson yelling at clouds.
                      If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

I'm an American Raps fan and it is indeed pretty bullshit.

Most basketball fans I know want to see a good matchup.

Comment

Nobody wants to watch the Raptors

*shrug*

Comment

They barely survived US viewership when they faced the Cavs in the ECF. One of the lowest ratings ECF.

Until this season, they were the most boring bunch to watch outside of Toronto. Being the bottom feeder in assists, having to watch grind out Isolation low BBIQ plays, making difficult twos and relying on the refs whistle, barely can make threes... who the fuck would want to watch this brand of basketball.

The Christmas schedule was set before the season started so the Raptors were considered a team Americans don’t want to watch while drinking eggnog.

Maybe next year...although they still hurl threes without considering accuracy.

Comment

I still get to watch all 82 games whether they play on Christmas or not. I'm not as good as some at totally ignoring my family, so in a way, it's better they play when I can actually focus on the game.
                              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Working...
                              X