Jonas Valanciunas

Oklahoma City Thunder

Russell Westbrook

Andre Roberson

Paul George

Carmelo Anthony

Steven Adams

KEY MATCHUP:

• The Toronto Raptors are on a second game of a back to back, following a loss to the Dallas Mavericks.
    • After losing on Tuesday night, the Raptors are now the 2nd seed in the Eastern Conference.
    • The Oklahoma City Thunder won their last game on Christmas Day, against the Houston Rockets. They sit 2 games behind the Minnesota Timberwolves who hold the 4th seed in the West.
    OG is our king

Hopefully they can get it done.
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

#AutomaticLoss

If this Raptors team is for real this year then they should be able to win this game tonight.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

OKC is playing well, are at home with a day of rest, while we're on a back to back. They're 3 1/2 point favourites.

Hope we win, but at the end of the day, it's one December game with 3 1/2 months to go before the playoffs. Pretty fucking meaningless one way or the other.

Sorry for my boring facts and lack of ridiculous hyperbolic narrative.
        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Game plan...foul Roberson. Did anyone see this guy on Xmas? He banked in his first free throw and airballed his second one short. The matchups should be interesting. OG can't guard Russ, PG and Melo at the same time...or could he?

Comment

I'm less confident about this game then I was about the Golden State game.

Horrible matchup here. Would be astonished if we won.

Comment

Im pretty sure the NBA rigged it so we lose yesterday.
              but were still the only team in the east with less than 10 loses
              Altought Im expecting another loss today...I believe in miracles

lets go RAPS

Comment

A few weeks ago I would have thought the bench could win this one for us. Not at present. Still....I wasn't that impressed with OKC the past few times I've seen them. Still a lot of iso ball and ignorant shots. Like the Raptors in the second half last night.

Comment

Just an aside. I was looking at 3 point shooting stats (to see if Siakam is the worst in the entire league.....not sure but he is well below the 120th best in the league) and was stunned to see that 40 players are shooting at 40% or better. That must be an improvement on past years and highlights how poor Raptor shooting is. More troubling is that Jayson Tatum is still the leader at 50%....and anyone who watched the Christmas game would have seen him looking awfully good.

Comment

So OKC features a number of unique talent models.

The Westbrooke....This model has never seen a shot that it wholeheartedly thinks it can’t make. It takes so many of them that it is also known as a helicopter model as it needs no wings. The helicopter tends to play all by itself.

The George....This model works well when it gets the ball in regular doses. Unfortunately it’s teamed with the Westbrooke model and the George, much like the Durant model it replaced, can sit unused for long stretches of time. When unused and unhappy it tends to function erratically and would seem to be getting ready to move further west much like its predecessor.

The Anthony....This former scoring only model is workable but has been announced as being end of life for feature enhancements and any support. Without any help the Anthony model is disintegrating in front of our eyes.

The Roberson...This model just can’t shoot.

Raps W.
                    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Wed Dec 27, 2017, 06:09 PM.
                    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                    - TGO

Comment

Westbrook is one of the few players in the league that can still win one on his own.....hate the guy

Comment

Mitch P wrote: View Post
                        A few weeks ago I would have thought the bench could win this one for us. Not at present. Still....I wasn't that impressed with OKC the past few times I've seen them. Still a lot of iso ball and ignorant shots. Like the Raptors in the second half last night.
                        Raps are going to have to shorten the bench at some point. I get that Casey loves FVV but you can't have 7 guys (Lowry, Derozan, OG, FVV, Wright, Powell, and Miles) all rotating in and out randomly for 3 spots. It was fine for the first 15 games or so and it's great to have everybody playing in case of injury but at some point it is going to adversely affect performance. I thought one of the issues last night was that the team looked out of sorts offensively and the unwieldy rotation only made that problem worse.

Comment

Agreed. I'd like to see if CJ can get it going with some extended minutes. It feels like he hasn't been able to get it going this year between minor injuries, infants and teeth. If for whatever reason Casey has lost faith, better to know sooner than later. With the big contract (and probably PA agreement....I'm not sure how that works) I can't see Powell going to the GLeague but I think that might be what he needs. Very hard for anyone as tightly wound as he seems to be to get back on track in bursts of a few minutes when a mistake or a couple of fouls will take you back to the bench. Four or five games with the 905 where he could drop 20 or so and not be picked on by the referees might work wonders. Won't happen though. But as a wise man stated just previously.....this game isn't really that important. We should all be mature and see this as development and figuring things out before March; when they prove Paul Pierce to be the Untruth.

Comment

Mitch P wrote: View Post
                            Just an aside. I was looking at 3 point shooting stats (to see if Siakam is the worst in the entire league.....not sure but he is well below the 120th best in the league) and was stunned to see that 40 players are shooting at 40% or better. That must be an improvement on past years and highlights how poor Raptor shooting is. More troubling is that Jayson Tatum is still the leader at 50%....and anyone who watched the Christmas game would have seen him looking awfully good.
                            No player in history has jacked up 2 per game and shot as poorly as Pascal.

In fact here is the list of all players who've taken 63 or more 3's in any season and shot 14.3% or worse

https://www.basketball-reference.com...der_by=fg3_pct
                            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                              Raps are going to have to shorten the bench at some point. I get that Casey loves FVV but you can't have 7 guys (Lowry, Derozan, OG, FVV, Wright, Powell, and Miles) all rotating in and out randomly for 3 spots. It was fine for the first 15 games or so and it's great to have everybody playing in case of injury but at some point it is going to adversely affect performance. I thought one of the issues last night was that the team looked out of sorts offensively and the unwieldy rotation only made that problem worse.
                              Yeah the rotation is still too big. Casey was even about to sub in Bebe last night too

Comment

Working...
                              X