X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3inthekeon
    replied
    Puffer wrote: View Post
    Which never happens... so I guess the Raptors are okay. It will just be about the quality of the team and the coaching.
    At least Dan got my attempt at humour. And thanks, Puffer, it did seem to have to be explained. Yeah, extrapolating a back to back against a very good rested team to the playoffs is kind of pointless.

Leave a comment:

• GLF
    replied
    consmap wrote: View Post
    So like, how'd you do it? Did you get a pony?
    Idunno man LOL. I guess being negative about every little thing wasn't fun anymore lol

Leave a comment:

• rocwell
    replied
    consmap wrote: View Post

Leave a comment:

• consmap
    replied
    GLF wrote: View Post
    Couldn't agree more. Seeing guys like Trexx and the one i blocked always talk negatively over and over again to the point where you wonder why they're even a fan of this team is getting tired. Love the positivity I'm still seeing from the rational people. But I'm not going to sit here and say that last game wasn't a little worrisome but the sky isn't falling. As long as grow and get better from this I'm happy.

Leave a comment:

• inthepaint
    replied
    I love the enthusiasm of new members of the Raptors Republic who haven't been beaten down by the "usual suspects" on this forum.

Here's to you "In the Paint." Happy New Year.
    Thanks chief, I like your posts too, they're pretty down-to-earth. I'm afraid I've just jinxed the Rockets though..

..they just blew a 24pt lead at the half. Goes to show it can happen to anyone I guess..They're now on a 4-game losing streak, yikes

Leave a comment:

• GLF
    replied
    I love the enthusiasm of new members of the Raptors Republic who haven't been beaten down by the "usual suspects" on this forum.

Couldn't agree more. Seeing guys like Trexx and the one i blocked always talk negatively over and over again to the point where you wonder why they're even a fan of this team is getting tired. Love the positivity I'm still seeing from the rational people. But I'm not going to sit here and say that last game wasn't a little worrisome but the sky isn't falling. As long as grow and get better from this I'm happy.

Leave a comment:

• Puffer
    replied
    inthepaint wrote: View Post
    Something a coach once told me: "Don't get so high wins, or so low on losses. Stay grounded, build good habits and try to replicate that regardless of who & where you play. If you do that, you've done your job".

I think the first part is good advice for fans to. We dropped two post-holiday games among a quite solid December, so what? After a solid winning streak, league leader Houston just dropped 3 in a row, all against teams well below their record (Clippers, Lakers & OKC). Do you think them/their fans all are all PMS'ing right now? heck no, they're bouncing back, they're hammering the celtics on the road now, 62-38 at the half.

It's 82 games man, not a sprint. Will there be a games on the playoffs like these past two for us, hell yeah. But there will also be games like the victories against the Rockets & Sixers. What matters is the aggregate. Learn from the losses, grow some chest hair, stay true to the new system, and get back out there to start a new winning streak. That's it.

Leave a comment:

• inthepaint
    replied
    Something a coach once told me: "Don't get so high on wins, or so low on losses. Stay grounded, build good habits and try to replicate that regardless of who & where you play. If you do that, you've done your job".

I think the first part is good advice for fans to. We dropped two post-holiday games among a quite solid December, so what? After a solid winning streak, league leader Houston just dropped 3 in a row, all against teams well below their record (Clippers, Lakers & OKC). Do you think them/their fans all are all PMS'ing right now? heck no, they're bouncing back, they're hammering the celtics on the road now, 62-38 at the half.

It's 82 games man, not a sprint. Will there be a games on the playoffs like these past two for us, hell yeah. But there will also be games like the victories against the Rockets & Sixers. What matters is the aggregate. Learn from the losses, grow some chest hair, stay true to the new system, and get back out there to start a new winning streak. That's it.
    Last edited by inthepaint; Thu Dec 28th, 2017, 09:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Puffer
    replied
    3inthekeon wrote: View Post
    Gonna be ugly if we have to play a back to back against a rested team in the playoffs.
    Which never happens... so I guess the Raptors are okay. It will just be about the quality of the team and the coaching.

Leave a comment:

• 3inthekeon
    replied
    GLF wrote: View Post
    Was this loss worrisome to you in anyway? Or do you think it was just a bad game all around for us and not something that will show its ugly head come playoff time
    Gonna be ugly if we have to play a back to back against a rested team in the playoffs.

Leave a comment:

• GLF
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post
    Yeah, this was just a dumb pair of games I'll be happy to forget. OKC looked way better than usual, the Raps looked dead, reverted to some bad habits, and guys were just not there - for example, even with Adams all over him, JV usually puts up a better effort on the defensive boards. Ibaka did nothing, both star guards were basically useless on both ends, and besides Miles and Poeltl (who got to go off against the weak OKC bench) the whole team couldn't really score. And giving OKC transition looks (and forgetting to cover three point shooters) is a bad idea.

Oh well. A lot of West road games behind us now, even with a couple of poor losses. Time to look ahead, recommit to the play style and get back into the groove.
    Was this loss worrisome to you in anyway? Or do you think it was just a bad game all around for us and not something that will show its ugly head come playoff time

Leave a comment:

• 3inthekeon
    replied
    Scraptor wrote: View Post
    If the point of sports is to be a top 8 team then we are a resounding success.
    So if you don't believe you're the best...

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    Scraptor wrote: View Post
    If you knew a faster and more likely method to getting past Lebron and KD,please let masai know.

And I do know your thoughts on the matter Scraptor, I've read them before and they're well thought out. But there is no proof or evidence that another approach would work better than the one we're on, only theories

Leave a comment:

• Scraptor
    replied
    Anybody here seriously think they don't make it out of the first round? If they DO make it out of the first round, does that mean there are 22 "Fake Teams" in the NBA?

Leave a comment:

• Puffer
    replied
    Well, well, well. Raptors win games, and you get 6, 7, or 9 pages of comments. They lose to OKC and they get 16, with half the comments coming from TREX and someone I have blocked. Color me surprised??? No. Just as I expected.

Cold shooting night from three guys and stupid rotations from Casey to adjust.

Move along folks, nothing to see here.

I think it was Demographic Shift that said it, 50 games to go, 30 at home, 1 in the Western Conference.

Anybody here seriously think they don't make it out of the first round? If they DO make it out of the first round, does that mean there are 22 "Fake Teams" in the NBA?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X