X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Game day
    Game Day!
    Time to turn this mini mini slump around

And then we get the game day that every professional athlete dreams about for validation, the one that proves that you're inthe upper echelon of important teams that really matter: New Year's Day!
    #no one cares what day you play on

Comment

Let's keep the maximum losing streak this season at 2 games. No excuse if they lose this one.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

There were no excuses last game either
        I expect a great effort tonight

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post
          There were no excuses last game either
          I expect a great effort tonight
          I would say there was no excuse for the Dallas game (except shit happens, like piss poor shooting)

The OKC game was tough no matter how you slice it, on the road of a back to back against a red hot team that has Russell Westbrook on it. Just unfortunate we dropped the Dallas game or it would have been a split and fine.
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
            I would say there was no excuse for the Dallas game (except shit happens, like piss poor shooting)

The OKC game was tough no matter how you slice it, on the road of a back to back against a red hot team that has Russell Westbrook on it. Just unfortunate we dropped the Dallas game or it would have been a split and fine.
            I agree. What I meant is there's never an excuse for a poor effort.

Comment

OKC had what you would call a bad start to the year vis a vis where the preason predictions had them pegged..Recently they got it going....a contrarian view to the no swag, sky is falling crowd is that OKC geared up for one of the best 3 teams in the East coming in. It’s a signature win for them and they weren’t going to let it go. They played George and Anthony and the narcissist big minutes in the 4th q to ensure that win and notch on their collective belts.

Raps get a good deal of respect from other teams in the association. It’s a big win for OKC that lends more credence to their status as contenders for the west.
              Last edited by Demographic Shift; Fri Dec 29, 2017, 03:23 PM.
              There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
              - TGO

Comment

consmap wrote: View Post
                This game won't really take away the bitterness of the last two, but it's what the team needs to get back on track. I hope they aren't hung over again against the Bucks on New Years
                Sure it will..both count as 1 in the season long win loss count that sums up to 82...

Atlanta really doesn’t have much to play for save improving their lottery odds..but the players will put out an effort to win as they are pros.....Raps can’t play the record tonight...they have to bring their A game to get back on the track to take the first seed in the east..

Got confidence they will...

Raps dub ya
                - TGO

Comment

The last two games were classic excuse games: the first game after Christmas, and a road back to back. The performances were disappointing (more DAL than OKC), but understandable given the context.

Not so with this game.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                    The last two games were classic excuse games: the first game after Christmas, and a road back to back. The performances were disappointing (more DAL than OKC), but understandable given the context.

Not so with this game.
                    I've never understood the "first game before or after christmas" or "first game before or after all star" as it's usually the same for both teams

Comment

I've never understood the "first game before or after christmas" or "first game before or after all star" as it's usually the same for both teams
                      Psychological factors, I guess?

Comment

Agree..except it’s a bit easier waking up at home than on the road...
                        - TGO

Comment

It's all excuses. And this team is full of it.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                            I don't hear the team making excuses, it's just some fans

Comment

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                              Agree..except it’s a bit easier waking up at home than on the road...
                              It's just another one of those things in the Leo Rautins lexicon.."first game before or after _______(anything)".

Add it to

"(Insert random player that has scored over 13 points in a game before) can really get hot if you leave him open"

"Y'know the referees have a much better view than I do so I'll go with their call" (best used if the call was against his hometown Raps so he cucks for the other team

"This player may be struggling but he's just gotten back from injury and it takes awhile to get your rhythm" (best used if he's been back from injury for 2+ months)

Boring, PC, and repetitive. Leo touches all bases!

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                                Only fans are talking about excuses. They only had one complaint - Christmas Day games and that came from national media, not us. If you're really looking for a sports team with excuses, google 'Manchester United complaints'.

Comment

Working...
                                X