Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #36: Toronto Raptors 124 - Chicago Bulls 115

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Game #36: Toronto Raptors 124 - Chicago Bulls 115

    After an exhilarating victory over the Milwaukee Bucks, the Raptors head to Chicago to take on TRex's favourite team: the resurgent Bulls.


    PROJECTED STARTERS






























    KEYS TO THE GAME

    Ghosts: Despite the fact Jimmy Butler is no longer there, and that the Bulls have entered a rebuild, it's hard to shake the memory of all the losses Chicago has handed the Raptors over the last few years, similar to how many of us sometimes still have an irrational fear of the Charlotte Hornets. That said, the Raptors took care of business against Chicago on opening night, and another win here would help squash the Bulls related demons of the Raptors' past.

    Prepared: Similar to last year's Miami Heat squad, the Bulls' horrendous start means their overall record belies their current form. They started the year with a ghastly 3-20 record, but since then they are 10-4. The Raptors can't overlook this team, especially after the recent Dallas loss.

    Encore: DeMar DeRozan had the game of his life (so far) last night, scoring a franchise-record 52 points on 17-29 shooting (including 5-9 from deep to go along with 13-13 from the line), while also adding 5 rebounds, 8 assists, a steal, a block and only two turnovers. Let's see how he follows up such an incredible, record-setting performence.




    LET'S GO RAPS!!!
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

  • #2
    Since t rex is a Chicago fan now, I nominate he change his username to "bull crap" if we win
    It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

    Comment


    • #3
      Also why does ibaka pic look like a profile for match.com
      It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

      Comment


      • #4
        KeonClark wrote: View Post
        Since t rex is a Chicago fan now, I nominate he change his username to "bull crap" if we win
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

        Comment


        • #5
          Would you guys trade
          JV, Wright, Bebe or Bruno
          for
          Marc Gasol, Chamers


          I personally would not, although Gasol would be an amazing addition, I do not want to give up Wright

          I say we go all out for cousins in the offseason than trade JV and Powell for picks and salary matches or veterans
          Abbas wrote:

          First of all i was my own source

          Comment


          • #6
            More effort on defense and this game is in the bag
            OG is our king

            Comment


            • #7
              Abbas wrote: View Post
              Would you guys trade
              JV, Wright, Bebe or Bruno
              for
              Marc Gasol, Chamers


              I personally would not, although Gasol would be an amazing addition, I do not want to give up Wright

              I say we go all out for cousins in the offseason than trade JV and Powell for picks and salary matches or veterans
              I would do it all day. Wright is a nice player but he's fairly replaceable. Not enough minutes to go around to all our small guys right now anyways. Replace jv with Gasol and I think we can beat the Cavs and play in the finals
              It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

              Comment


              • #8
                First of all, y'all better win this game. Bulls are a rebuilding team and their best player(LaVine) is still out. Second, I want Doncic in Chicago next year.

                Also, i want to congralute y'all for BARELY beating the Jabari Parker-less Bucks last night despite a 52 point performance from DeMar. Pray that you don't play them in the 1st round.

                Speaking of DeMar, it's funny how times have changed. I've defended this guy since DAY ONE along with Christian and special1. Most of the posters here are fake. Most of y'all wanted this man out or traded for shit for years. Now y'all talk about him like he's Kobe Bryant. And what happened to the "this team should build their team around JV" crowd bullshit? i told you since 2012 that he's nothing more than an energy big.

                I've always believed in DeMar since day 1. Only thing he needs to do now is show up in the playoffs. Only then he'll get the respect that he deserves around the league.
                Mamba Mentality

                Comment


                • #9
                  I'm still a proud member of the District of DeRozan. There were only 3 of us back then. Now it seems like everyone here is a DeRozan fan lol *rolls eyes*
                  Mamba Mentality

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    TRex wrote: View Post
                    First of all, y'all better win this game. Bulls are a rebuilding team and their best player(LaVine) is still out. Second, I want Doncic in Chicago next year.

                    Also, i want to congralute y'all for BARELY beating the Jabari Parker-less Bucks last night despite a 52 point performance from DeMar. Pray that you don't play them in the 1st round.

                    Speaking of DeMar, it's funny how times have changed. I've defended this guy since DAY ONE along with Christian and special1. Most of the posters here are fake. Most of y'all wanted this man out or traded for shit for years. Now y'all talk about him like he's Kobe Bryant. And what happened to the "this team should build their team around JV" crowd bullshit? i told you since 2012 that he's nothing more than an energy big.

                    I've always believed in DeMar since day 1. Only thing he needs to do now is show up in the playoffs. Only then he'll get the respect that he deserves around the league.
                    Yeah, some of them even desert their team halfway thru it's best season ever
                    It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Even though i'm a Bulls fan now, i still want DeRozan to do well. I want him to play well in the playoffs. Will always be a fan. Like i said, i'm still a proud member of the District of DeRozan.
                      Mamba Mentality

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        TRex wrote: View Post
                        Even though i'm a Bulls fan now, i still want DeRozan to do well. I want him to play well in the playoffs. Will always be a fan. Like i said, i'm still a proud member of the District of DeRozan.
                        It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Shouldn't need to belabor the point, but for some reason we still do:

                          - People didn't have a problem with DeRozan, they had a problem with inefficient, high usage ISO scoring. I specifically remember writing several times "If only he got rid of 2-3 long two's per game, he'd be fine." SG's guys wanted instead of DeRozan did a few things that DeMar now does - scored more efficiently, shot the 3, passed the ball, and played defence.
                          - Given all that, if anyone wants to crow it should be the "trade DeRozan" crowd. His game has evolved into exactly what was wanted. That's why people are so happy. (Ditto for finally seeing ball movement, more equitable scoring, and 3PA's in the offence.)
                          - Most DeRozan defenders back in the day defended him for who he was then. They don't get to crow for the player he's become unless they can bring up their quotes from 4 years ago predicting that his game would evolve to what it is today.

                          Personally I think the nitpicking and crowing detracts from enjoying being here to watch what may be the best single season by a Raptor ever, so I'm only writing this once this year.

                          Edit: On this one my hat's always off to Christian with the 1's, I still don't think he was necessarily right but he a) stuck to his guns, b) didn't change his message, and c) stuck around on the forum and stayed active. Plenty of other posters have quit when they found their main talking points that unpopular. Christian with the 1's doesn't have quit in his vocabulary.

                          Can't believe this is almost 7 years old:

                          Last edited by S.R.; Tue Jan 2, 2018, 03:16 PM.
                          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I don't stan for the name on a back of the jersey.
                            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              TRex wrote: View Post
                              Speaking of DeMar, it's funny how times have changed. I've defended this guy since DAY ONE along with Christian and special1. Most of the posters here are fake. Most of y'all wanted this man out or traded for shit for years. Now y'all talk about him like he's Kobe Bryant. And what happened to the "this team should build their team around JV" crowd bullshit? i told you since 2012 that he's nothing more than an energy big.

                              I've always believed in DeMar since day 1. Only thing he needs to do now is show up in the playoffs. Only then he'll get the respect that he deserves around the league.

                              Oh really? What about when you were shitting on DeMar after the Mavs and Thunders losses? Implying he wasn't a "real star" because:

                              TRex wrote:
                              Star players don't have games like that. I've seen it too many times with DD this year and the last couple of years. I don't remember Carter in his prime having games like that, or Pierce or McGrady.
                              The only constant in your posting is you changing your stance to fit whatever makes you look good.

                              By the way, here are some useful links for you in case you get lost again:
                              http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/f...go-Bulls-Forum
                              https://www.blogabull.com/
                              https://www.reddit.com/r/chicagobulls/
                              It’s Ogugua season. Time to gugua.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X