Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 Trade Rumours Thread (Deadline February 8th, 3pm ET)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scraptor
    replied
    I feel like the term "hot take" had meaning at one point, but now it's too often used to dismiss an opposing opinion without having to argue it. Sort of like "fake news".

Anyways here's Zach Lowe with the same "hot take" about Cleveland:

They did about the very best repair job they could in a stunning series of deals that sent out six players and two draft picks, including the Cavs' 2018 first-round pick, in exchange for four rotation guys who fit much better around LeBron.
    This was a good day for Cleveland. Short of a miracle, LeBron couldn't have asked for much more.
    http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...trade-deadline

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
    You won't hate it if Sacto buys out Joe Johnson or Atlanta buys out Bellenielli and we sign one of them as a solid pro to come in off the bench every now and again to give the team a boost......
    But..we never ever ever do

Leave a comment:

• Shaolin Fantastic
    replied
    Alex91 wrote: View Post
    How many roster spots do the Cavs have left? I hate that vets can be bought out and join whatever team they want at vet min.
    They have two spots left I believe. 13 players on the roster at the moment plus 2 two-way guys signed.

Leave a comment:

• Demographic Shift
    replied
    Alex91 wrote: View Post
    How many roster spots do the Cavs have left? I hate that vets can be bought out and join whatever team they want at vet min.
    You won't hate it if Sacto buys out Joe Johnson or Atlanta buys out Bellenielli and we sign one of them as a solid pro to come in off the bench every now and again to give the team a boost......

Leave a comment:

• Alex91
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Hotshot
    replied
    Sacramento is the worst team in the league in developing prospects. I like to see what a full summer and a full 905 campaign can be done with this kid. He has a solid 3 point shot and with his length can be a good defender.

Malachi is our 2018 draft pick as far as I'm concerned.

Leave a comment:

• Shaolin Fantastic
    replied
    saints91 wrote: View Post
    Richardson might be a good pick up, 6'6 guard with a 7'0 wingspan, was well regarded coming into the 2016 draft. SAC may not have developed him properly (may = probably), I think we'll get more out of him.
    I agree. That might turn out to be a sneaky good trade from Masai. Gives us wiggle room to pick up a buyout guy and Malachi definitely has some promise as a prospect. He's also younger than Bruno too and we have him for 2 more years after this year for 1.6M and 2.6m.

Leave a comment:

• Demographic Shift
    replied
    Anyone at all surprised that all Orlando did was trade the worst haircut in the NBA ?
    I guess they continue the tank and make their moves at the draft....

Leave a comment:

• Demographic Shift
    replied
    Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
    One thing that the Cleveland / Laker trade does that might benefit the Raptors, is that it sends Frye to the Western Conference.

Cavs made life miserable for the Raptors the past couple of playoffs by running side pick and rolls with Frye, especially with JV on the floor. With Frye (the screener) being a threat to step out to shoot a three, it brought JV out of the paint, and led to a number of straight-line drives to an uncontested basket, or if defenders collapsed, kick-outs to open shooters on the opposite side.

Nance has taken a total of 4 three point attempts this season, making one - this would mean that the side pick and roll against JV should be less effective, as JV can gap the ball-handler coming off the screen (rather than marking the screener), hopefully dissauding those drives to the basket.

Barring another pick-up, Cavs still really only have one center on the roster, and unless the Cavs go really small, means that JV has a greater chance of playing minutes, and punishing the Cavs inside.
    Love it that Fry has gone west.. he hurt the Raps bad the last 2 years.. real bad....

No worries... rumours are they just came back from Ogden's with Kendrick Perkins in tow to man the middle ....
    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Thu Feb 8, 2018, 07:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Ebonhawke
    replied
    One thing that the Cleveland / Laker trade does that might benefit the Raptors, is that it sends Frye to the Western Conference.

Cavs made life miserable for the Raptors the past couple of playoffs by running side pick and rolls with Frye, especially with JV on the floor. With Frye (the screener) being a threat to step out to shoot a three, it brought JV out of the paint, and led to a number of straight-line drives to an uncontested basket, or if defenders collapsed, kick-outs to open shooters on the opposite side.

Nance has taken a total of 4 three point attempts this season, making one - this would mean that the side pick and roll against JV should be less effective, as JV can gap the ball-handler coming off the screen (rather than marking the screener), hopefully dissauding those drives to the basket.

Barring another pick-up, Cavs still really only have one center on the roster, and unless the Cavs go really small, means that JV has a greater chance of playing minutes, and punishing the Cavs inside.

Leave a comment:

• tDotted
    replied
    Perkins is back with the Cvas.... ok NOW they're the favorites.

Leave a comment:

• saints91
    replied
    Richardson might be a good pick up, 6'6 guard with a 7'0 wingspan, was well regarded coming into the 2016 draft. SAC may not have developed him properly (may = probably), I think we'll get more out of him.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    The lil homie stroooo

Leave a comment:

• saints91
    replied
    CLE is still worse than last year... by a large amount, and I feel like we've improved...should be interesting coming down the stretch

Leave a comment:

• tDotted
    replied
    Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
    Of the current stooges of the league....Phoenix... Sacto ... Orlando and the Knicks.... whose the worst...you have mine in order in the preceding sentence.
    This is tough

Have to go with Sac as the worst. Their playoff drought is looking like it could possibly reach 2 decades they way they've been managing that franchise.

Orlando next. NY and Phoenix are bad but at least they've managed to draft players capable of putting up Allstar numbers in Porzingis and Booker.

Phoenix then NY last just based off standings

Leave a comment:

Working...
X