Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 Trade Rumours Thread (Deadline February 8th, 3pm ET)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scraptor wrote: View Post
    I guess Masai must see things differently, as he's been trying to move JV for over a year now.
    I didn’t realize you have been talking to Masai about his plans. Should have asked.

Comment

Maury wrote: View Post
      I didn’t realize you have been talking to Masai about his plans. Should have asked.
      There were a lot of rumors. I don't think its a secret. Where there is smoke there is fire
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
        He's been quite able to move JV for over a year now and unhappy with the potential return, a circumstance I see no reason will change now.
        That could change as other teams reach the trade deadline and start making moves.

Comment

Now is not the time to move JV unless theres some superstar package that falls at your doorstep. JV is worth more possible playoff wins than some marginal stretch 4 or 3&D upgrade over Pascal or OG
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

I sense a boring trade deadline for the Raptors.

I wouldn't mind trading Bebe for a pick. But other than that, I don't really see a move out there that would help the Raptors in the short term. Tyreke Evans would require a pick to go the other way (at least) for example.

I say we keep our assets for the summer when we have two nice TPE's that we can use (CoJo's $7.6M TPE, and Carroll's $11.8M TPE). We could get one or two Mid Level type of contract without having to use the MLE and getting hard capped again. We can also trade Norm (assuming he has any value left). We'll also have all our future picks back to trade/dangle.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
              Now is not the time to move JV unless theres some superstar package that falls at your doorstep. JV is worth more possible playoff wins than some marginal stretch 4 or 3&D upgrade over Pascal or OG
              That package is what I think most people are referring to in a trade of JV scenario. May not fall at our door step, but I'm sure Masai is looking for one such package.

Comment

LJ2 wrote: View Post
                That package is what I think most people are referring to in a trade of JV scenario. May not fall at our door step, but I'm sure Masai is looking for one such package.
                Masai all day every day:

"We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Is that a VGA monitor? SICK!

Comment

Is trading Norm even a possibility at this years deadline? I doubt they have given up on him, but he's about completely out of the rotation lately and taking up some significant cap space. That and OG being the present and future starter at SF would suggest Norm is expendable.

Comment

Is trading Norm even a possibility at this years deadline? I doubt they have given up on him, but he's about completely out of the rotation lately and taking up some significant cap space. That and OG being the present and future starter at SF would suggest Norm is expendable.
                      Not sure how many takers there given his horrid play this season, and his hefty contract.

Comment

Norm signed an extension. As a rule players that sign an extension can't be traded for at least 6 months from the day they signed one. That's why Norm can't be traded before the deadline.

Comment

No, he cannot be traded until the Raptors are eliminated from this years playoffs.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                            I wouldn't mind trading Bebe for a pick. But other than that, I don't really see a move out there that would help the Raptors in the short term. Tyreke Evans would require a pick to go the other way (at least) for example.
                            Well, there you go. Three team deal - BeBe out to third team, Evans in, pick from third team to MEM. Not sure what team would give up a pick for BeBe though. More likely I think is that MEM finds that Evans has no market and settles for a swap for BeBe.

But I expect no trades at all. The JV for a star concept is a pipedream and I'm not interested in lateral moves.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                              Masai all day every day:

If you look behind him, you'll notice a constant essential working man's companion that hasn't changed since the 90s: the travel mug
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                                If you look behind him, you'll notice a constant essential working man's companion that hasn't changed since the 90s: the travel mug
                                Two travel mugs and a regular mug!
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X