Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 Trade Rumours Thread (Deadline February 8th, 3pm ET)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DanH wrote: View Post
    Two travel mugs and a regular mug!
    What we have here is a busy man conducting lots of business
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
      Is that a VGA monitor? SICK!
      It's a Minesweeper machine that doubles as a Solitaire dealer. Incredible invention.
      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

I can't see JV being traded. Maybe his biggest skill is plus defensive rebounding, a skill no one else on the roster has.
        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
          Not sure how many takers there given his horrid play this season, and his hefty contract.
          True, but I was going to say Norm and JV with Mike Conley might interest Memphis and persuade them to trade Gasol. They stick to old school grind it out basketball, and get younger. Not a full blow up, but a reset. Not that I'm in the Gasol to Raptors camp, but no doubt it improves the team a bit.

Norm cannot be traded it seems, so we don't have the pieces that might interest Memphis. Would not move OG for Gasol.

Comment

How bout this trade:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y79wexy8

TOR sheds salary and sends JV & Powel to CLI and Miles to Bucks
            LAC trades Deandre and gets from them a future 1st +JV + Powell and John Henson to match salary
            MIL gets their all-star center in DeAndre and a sharpshooter in Miles

... the RAPTORS get freakin Jabari Parker and Teletovic

We shed 30 million owned next year to miles+JV+powell, we can match offers for Jabari in restricted free agency and Teletovic becomes an expiring next year.

PG: Lowry, FVV
            SG: DeRozan, Delon
            SF: OG, Jabari
            PF: Ibaka, Pascal, Teletovic
            C: Poetl, Lucas

Comment

Samuel Isaak wrote: View Post
              How bout this trade:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y79wexy8

TOR sheds salary and sends JV & Powel to CLI and Miles to Bucks
              LAC trades Deandre and gets from them a future 1st +JV + Powell and John Henson to match salary
              MIL gets their all-star center in DeAndre and a sharpshooter in Miles

... the RAPTORS get freakin Jabari Parker and Teletovic

We shed 30 million owned next year to miles+JV+powell, we can match offers for Jabari in restricted free agency and Teletovic becomes an expiring next year.

PG: Lowry, FVV
              SG: DeRozan, Delon
              SF: OG, Jabari
              PF: Ibaka, Pascal, Teletovic
              C: Poetl, Lucas
              Doesn't belong here. Read the OP.
              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

LAC wants to trade DeAndre and MIL wanted him, per woj, as yall read

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                Doesn't belong here. Read the OP.

Comment

Powell can't be traded until after the season ends! - wish we could sticky that somewhere lol

Comment

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                      He's been quite able to move JV for over a year now and unhappy with the potential return, a circumstance I see no reason will change now.
                      I'm just saying there's no guarantee that JV doesn't get moved given there's been more rumours about him than any other Raptor since Masai started here.

Also our payroll jumps to $126mm next year even after Bruno/Bebe expire, and the luxury tax is at $121mm, so even if JV isn't moved now, there is a decent chance it happens this summer.

Although at this point Norm looks more like the odd man out than JV, even though we need wing depth more than bigs.

Comment

Samuel Isaak wrote: View Post
                        LAC wants to trade DeAndre and MIL wanted him, per woj, as yall read
                        I've changed it to read about rumours directly related to us. Otherwise this thread just becomes a bunch of fantasy trades cluttering up actual news.

planetmars wrote: View Post
                        Powell can't be traded until after the season ends! - wish we could sticky that somewhere lol
                        I have put that in the OP. Also the rule about Weltman/Orlando. If there's anything else let me know.

Comment

I think we should trade powell to orlando
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                            I think we should trade powell to orlando
                            source?

Comment

I don't think Masai makes a trade, unless it's trading away Alfonso McKinnie to make extra roster room (and I think Masai considers McKinnie a project so that's unlikely).

I think if we make a move it'll be in the late-season signing period, when ring-chasing vets on bad teams take buyouts to go to contenders, and I seriously think Masai is looking at Vince Carter when Vince gets his inevitable buyout from Sacramento - veteran presence, additional wing depth, solid defender, can shoot the three reasonably well, and would give the Raptors the storyline that modern NBA media demands in order to pay attention to your team ("the prodigal son returns for one last chance").

Comment

Lol, post of the day. Well done.

Comment

Working...
                                X