Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #41: Golden State Warriors 127 - Toronto Raptors 125

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • nba_4_life wrote: View Post
    an apology letter to the team
    Is that it??

    Comment


    • Jess wrote: View Post
      Is that it??
      OG is our king

      Comment


      • And yo. I've never seen anyone get a worse whistle since I started watching ball in the late 90s than Jakob Poeltl. Am I right?

        Comment


        • O
          Zainab wrote: View Post
          And yo. I've never seen anyone get a worse whistle since I started watching ball in the late 90s than Jakob Poeltl. Am I right?
          You got that. The refs must have some kind of "Nail Jacob" thing going.

          Comment


          • Anyways, good night. Tried to save us with my GT but next man up!!

            I am done ranting

            Comment


            • Puffer wrote: View Post
              O

              You got that. The refs must have some kind of "Nail Jacob" thing going.
              He gets slapped with 2-3 weak calls every single game

              Comment


              • consmap wrote: View Post
                Well that sucks.. I don't know what I expected but I was hoping more than just an apology letter because that really doesn't change anything. Maybe the refs should pay a fine as well instead of just the players for speaking the truth

                Comment



                • Comment


                  • Interesting that Masai in the in game interview by Kate commented that people seem critical of the Raptor's development philosophy which I took to mean that he's not happy about pressure to make some player moves before the deadline. I actually doubt they will trade anyone who is in the rotation and that actually pleases me. I agree with the earlier post; Ibaka might be the most expendable player. He might draw more value than JV and I actually thing JV contributes more to the team. Even tonight with what should have been an unfavourable matchup he certainly did some good things. He's a great teammate and doesn't get suspended. But I'd be very happy if Masai stands pat and sees what this crew can do.

                    Comment


                    • Unless a star player becomes available like a PG then they should just stay put.

                      Note - i don't consider DeAndre Jordan as a star player.
                      Mamba Mentality

                      Comment


                      • TRex wrote: View Post
                        Unless a star player becomes available like a PG then they should just stay put.

                        Note - i don't consider DeAndre Jordan as a star player.
                        I'm with ya. The bench is fucking awesome

                        Comment


                        • Mitch P wrote: View Post
                          Interesting that Masai in the in game interview by Kate commented that people seem critical of the Raptor's development philosophy which I took to mean that he's not happy about pressure to make some player moves before the deadline. I actually doubt they will trade anyone who is in the rotation and that actually pleases me. I agree with the earlier post; Ibaka might be the most expendable player. He might draw more value than JV and I actually thing JV contributes more to the team. Even tonight with what should have been an unfavourable matchup he certainly did some good things. He's a great teammate and doesn't get suspended. But I'd be very happy if Masai stands pat and sees what this crew can do.
                          I don't see why he should be unhappy. He is the one who set expectations by saying we would not be stuck in the middle... This will be his fifth postseason with the squad. Either the roster is going to prove his philosophy right or he is going to have to re-examine whether the build-from-the-middle strategy is a tenable one.

                          The other half of the equation is that even if we wanted to do something, it would be very difficult. Our most obvious trade pieces are JV, who is not getting the kind of offers Masai wants, and Norm, who cannot be traded till this summer. Meanwhile we have no picks and are up against the luxury tax line.

                          In any case, the team showed good grit to battle back and make it close. Let's hope we see that kind of scrappiness in the postseason.
                          It’s Ogugua season. Time to gugua.

                          Comment


                          • Jack summarized the most valuable thing about this one: "this game showed every player on this roster that if they commit themselves defensively, they can beat anybody on this league. Anybody."

                            And we can. If we play 2minutes on first half like we played on the second, we win this. Couple of bogus calls go the right way, we win. Couple of clutch FT's made, we win.

                            Anyhow, I know there are no "if's", and an L is an L. On the other hand, you mount one of the largest come-backs in franchise history to lose against one of the best teams of all time by 2, without your starting PG. No shame on that.

                            That heart alone makes this game special, but here's what makes it beyond invaluable: how it teaches what a solid Defence can really do for you. A game with such a contrast in defensive efforts between two halves is pretty rare, and showed we were able to erase a 25pt deficit against a smoking hot offence almost exclusively by digging in on that end.

                            A modernized offence definitely made us a bigger threat, but if you really want know what will bring us to the next level, is that imo: a night-in-night out aggressive, focused, committed D. That is one of the most difficult things in basketball to do over and over, and the least sexy. But it will take you places you never thought you could. If this game doesn't prove that to our young guys, I don't know what will.
                            2019 NBA Champions. Glad to have doubted the doubters.

                            Comment


                            • Somewhat lost in all that happened last night is something may may bode very well for the Raptors going forward.

                              JV's passing skills or lack thereof have sparked more than a few arguments here. Zach Lowe called them laughably bad. More recently I've read the term tunnel vision and this past offseason, Mark Deeks pointed out the frustrating aspects of his game were "the inability to see anything but the basket when posting up and being too slow to react".

                              But last night JV twice both saw and hit open teammates for easy buckets when he was doubled in the post. If he's actually had an epiphany and is able to do this with consistency. it opens a whole new aspect in both his game and the starting unit (which is saddled with Ibaka who's even a worse ball stopper than JV).

                              Anyway the passes he threw OG and Pascal last night impressed the hell out of me. Please JV, keep it up.
                              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

                              Comment


                              • 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                                Somewhat lost in all that happened last night is something may may bode very well for the Raptors going forward.

                                JV's passing skills or lack thereof have sparked more than a few arguments here. Zach Lowe called them laughably bad. More recently I've read the term tunnel vision and this past offseason, Mark Deeks pointed out the frustrating aspects of his game were "the inability to see anything but the basket when posting up and being too slow to react".

                                But last night JV twice both saw and hit open teammates for easy buckets when he was doubled in the post. If he's actually had an epiphany and is able to do this with consistency. it opens a whole new aspect in both his game and the starting unit (which is saddled with Ibaka who's even a worse ball stopper than JV).

                                Anyway the passes he threw OG and Pascal last night impressed the hell out of me. Please JV, keep it up.
                                pretty much any non-guard who played for the raptors for the previous 5 years had "laughably bad" passing numbers.

                                there wasn't any cutters to see in previous years.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X