No announcement yet.

can the raps 3 pt percentage improve?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our top 6 three point shooters (by attempts) all shoot above to well above 35%.

The only guys who shoot poorly (sub 35%) are Siakam, Norm, JV and BeBe (of guys who have taken >10 shots). They've combined to go 52/218 (24%). Those are not likely going to be guys taking those shots in the playoffs (nevermind the 3/16 from our garbage time guys).

Heck, we were having this discussion about Wright early in the year, and now he's got one of the highest 3PT% marks on the team. Siakam and Norm could easily see a similar improvement/normalization.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

with a trade yes
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

I wonder how "emphasizing 3pt shots" works in practice. Are the players supposed to get up a certain number a day? Does the team bring in extra shooting coaches? Are theaters expected to get up extra shots on their own? Or are they just told "You've got a green light to shoot threes." At least the latter or Siakim wouldn't still be shooting them. When you think about it, that is a pretty big commitment on the part of the team, since misses wind up as opposing team possessions and so many games are won by 10 points or less.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
          I wonder how "emphasizing 3pt shots" works in practice. Are the players supposed to get up a certain number a day? Does the team bring in extra shooting coaches? Are theaters expected to get up extra shots on their own? Or are they just told "You've got a green light to shoot threes." At least the latter or Siakim wouldn't still be shooting them. When you think about it, that is a pretty big commitment on the part of the team, since misses wind up as opposing team possessions and so many games are won by 10 points or less.
          Did you hear about the scrimmage-game they instituted where corner 3s were worth 4 points?

Comment

SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
            Did you hear about the scrimmage-game they instituted where corner 3s were worth 4 points?
            Yes I did. Great idea cause I bet these guys go at each other hard.

Comment

Working...
            X