Serge Ibaka

Jonas Valanciunas

Philadelphia 76ers

Ben Simmons

J.J. Redick

Robert Covington

Dario Saric

Joel Embiid

• The Toronto Raptors are coming off of a close loss to the Golden State Warriors. DeMar DeRozan scored 42 points against the Warriors' elite defense, but it wasn't enough to get them over the hump.
    • The last game that the Philadelphia 76ers played was on Thursday, falling to the Boston Celtics. They've had plenty of time to regroup and ready themselves for the challenge that is the Toronto Raptors on Monday.
    • Bench play has continued to be impressive for the Raptors. In the closing moments of the fourth, an all bench unit minus DeRozan brought the Golden State Warriors to the brink of defeat. Fred VanVleet lead bench scoring with 13 points to go along with 5 rebounds and 4 assists.

LET'S GO RAPTORS!

Last edited by Cody73; Sun Jan 14, 2018, 02:18 PM.
    OG is our king

I put the year as 2017. Need it fixed please
    OG is our king

Comment

consmap wrote: View Post
      Automatic Loss.

Comment

Hate these early starts. Wonder if we'll see Lowry back for this one.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
          Hate these early starts. Wonder if we'll see Lowry back for this one.
          Lowry miss a game in Philly? He'll wear quadruple padded underwear to make it.

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
            Lowry miss a game in Philly? He'll wear quadruple padded underwear to make it.
            I rather not on the road. Beside's Lowry would be rusty and turn over the ball trying to force things. I rather keep it the way it is until he's ass is fully heals which would also help with his tired fingers/wrist.

Comment

This game intrigues me. At the two extremes; Raptors build on the last two games and come out as terrors to easily beat a talented but flawed team OR they regress to something much less and rekindle the doubters on this site with a disappointing loss. I'm really hoping for the former of course and think it the more likely. The way JV and Poeltl have been playing makes me confident they can handle Embiid......the refs worry me as always. Especially with Philly at home on national TV and the league for some reason wanting to pump up Embiid.

Comment

Mitch P wrote: View Post
                ......the refs worry me as always. Especially with Philly at home on national TV and the league for some reason wanting to pump up Embiid.
                And it's a national holiday (MLK Day) so the arena might be packed. Refs are going to whistle Poeltl everytime he touches Embiid.

Comment

I don't think Lowry will be back. His injury is usually at least 2 weeks, sometimes 4. Kind of a "good"injury in the sense that it will be completely fine when the pain is gone but VERY painful. In a way it will be a nice rest for Kyle at this point and it's certainly given some of our lesser lights a chance to show what they can do (FVV) or recover some confidence (Norm). And by the way it was interesting that Casey put Norm out at the end last night. It could have been OG or Serge who are shooters (?better shooters). I interpret it as a message to Norm that Casey still believed in him. Nice.

Comment

Mitch P wrote: View Post
                    This game intrigues me. At the two extremes; Raptors build on the last two games and come out as terrors to easily beat a talented but flawed team OR they regress to something much less and rekindle the doubters on this site with a disappointing loss. I'm really hoping for the former of course and think it the more likely. The way JV and Poeltl have been playing makes me confident they can handle Embiid......the refs worry me as always. Especially with Philly at home on national TV and the league for some reason wanting to pump up Embiid.
                    I think this is the second time I've seen this. Where is it being broadcast? I don't see it on the espn or NBAtv schedule. But I agree, it is interesting. How will they come out after beating the two NBA finalists of the last three years by a combined 31 points? (yes, you see what I did there). Do they carry the hard work over or, as coach would eloquently say, get fat and sassy?

Comment

I've been a little nervous about this one for a while. Just because a mid January loss in Philly was where things started to go off the rails last year. (Lost something like 11 of 15, including a lot against weak opposition). This year's team certainly seems different, but the superstitious part of me will feel a lot better after a win.

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
                        I think this is the second time I've seen this. Where is it being broadcast? I don't see it on the espn or NBAtv schedule. But I agree, it is interesting. How will they come out after beating the two NBA finalists of the last three years by a combined 31 points? (yes, you see what I did there). Do they carry the hard work over or, as coach would eloquently say, get fat and sassy?
                        I don't know for sure but I assumed that TNT had the game because they've done them all on MLK day in the past. I was going to take the day off work!

Comment

positive vibes only -

Comment

consmap wrote: View Post
                            This is the 2nd thread I've had to edit in a row.
                            Axel wrote:
                            Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                            KeonClark wrote:
                            We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                            KeonClark wrote:
                            I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

We can't rush Lowry back under any circumstances. The team has shown we can play well enough without him to not be desperate, and any lingering issues could be a death knell in the playoffs. And maybe we can keep trying to get Norm going in the meantime.
                              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Working...
                              X