Game #46 Toronto Raptors 108 - Atlanta Hawks 93

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game #46 Toronto Raptors 108 - Atlanta Hawks 93

Toronto heads to Atlanta after a nice long break ready to get back on track against the struggling Hawks. Toronto is looking to get a couple of wins rattled off in their pursuit of Boston and the 1st seed, while Atlanta is trying to make it to the end of the season without getting too many wins.

Starting Lineups:

Keys to the Game:

- Defensive rebounding. The Raptors are currently 18th in DREB %. The hawks are 13th in OREB%. The raps have struggled with rebounding over the past couple weeks and need to show they can bang with the big boys, especially our bigs off the bench.

- Ball movement. Raps need to get back to the ball movement. It hasn't been bad these last few games but it needs to get back to where it was last month.

- Come out strong! Put these guys to bed early as they are a poor team and the raps are a top 5 team in the league. Take care of business and don't let up.

Go Raps!

I'd like to see the bench or at least some of the secondary scorers step up their contributions. Of late it has seemed like the old Kyle and Demar show for better or worse. Ibaka, OG, CJ....anybody; please! I would also like to see some team help for JV and Poeltl on the boards and another chance for Norm to get some minutes and find himself. This should be the game.

Comment

18 game winning streak, no jinx, knock on wood
      Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

Abbas wrote: View Post
        18 game winning streak, no jinx, knock on wood

Comment

Can't have a let down game against these guys. Especially after 3 days off.

Comment

Definitely have to take care of business here.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Mitch P wrote: View Post
              I'd like to see the bench or at least some of the secondary scorers step up their contributions. Of late it has seemed like the old Kyle and Demar show for better or worse. Ibaka, OG, CJ....anybody; please! I would also like to see some team help for JV and Poeltl on the boards and another chance for Norm to get some minutes and find himself. This should be the game.
              That's kind of the whole chicken & egg. If the role players miss a few shots, do Kyle & DeMar revert to the old style and stop moving the ball? And then the shooters get out of rhythm and start losing confidence, and miss more shots, and KL/DD pass even less, etc..., etc... The age-old trust/confidence/results spiral....

That is the whole point of culture reset... you keep running the offense the same way in the regular season come hell or high water - to prepare for the playoffs. At least until Miles and Ibaka get back into a shooting rhythm. You don't go back to the old habits just to win a few extra games in the middle of the regular season. It's a good test.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                That's kind of the whole chicken & egg. If the role players miss a few shots, do Kyle & DeMar revert to the old style and stop moving the ball? And then the shooters get out of rhythm and start losing confidence, and miss more shots, and KL/DD pass even less, etc..., etc... The age-old trust/confidence/results spiral....

That is the whole point of culture reset... you keep running the offense the same way in the regular season come hell or high water - to prepare for the playoffs. At least until Miles and Ibaka get back into a shooting rhythm. You don't go back to the old habits just to win a few extra games in the middle of the regular season. It's a good test.
                I would rather win a few extra games and possibly get the 1st or 2nd seed as that may make the biggest difference in the playoffs. Losing a few extra games to see Siakem brick 3 after 3 (because they will leave him wide open) isn't preparing for the playoffs either.

Certain games call for your all-stars taking over and making plays and taking tough shots. Its a big part of basketball. There's a delicate balance that Lowry and Demar must understand/perfect.

Comment

Celtics lose to the Magic and have lost 3 in a row overall.
                  Rockets beat the GS Warriors
                  Thunder hang 148 on the Cavs

No team is unbeatable. Need to keep beating the teams you're supposed to beat.

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post
                    Celtics lose to the Magic and have lost 3 in a row overall.
                    Rockets beat the GS Warriors
                    Thunder hang 148 on the Cavs

No team is unbeatable. Need to keep beating the teams you're supposed to beat.
                    What if
                    Raptors wend up with the first seed by winning 60games

Beat sixers in the first round sweep
                    Destroy Wizards in the second 4-0, another sweep
                    Demolish Lebron and the Cavs in the conference finals, 4-1, gentleman sweep
                    And Finally, ruin KD's legacy by beating him in game 7 of the finals, DeRozan hits a game winner and wins FMVp by averaging
                    34-7-6-3-1
                    Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

Abbas wrote: View Post
                      What if
                      Raptors wend up with the first seed by winning 60games

Beat sixers in the first round sweep
                      Destroy Wizards in the second 4-0, another sweep
                      Demolish Lebron and the Cavs in the conference finals, 4-1, gentleman sweep
                      And Finally, ruin KD's legacy by beating him in game 7 of the finals, DeRozan hits a game winner and wins FMVp by averaging
                      34-7-6-3-1
                      Let this one sleep a little longer before we wake him up

Comment

Atlanta has played some oddly competitive games lately but the Raps usually take care of things when they're not on a back to back. Time to start a new streak.

Comment

BTW, as per espn, Happy 81 day. It's 12 years old. It helps you appreciate where you are if you know where you've been.

Comment

Bucks FIRE Jason Kidd!

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
                              BTW, as per espn, Happy 81 day. It's 12 years old. It helps you appreciate where you are if you know where you've been.
                              That game still really pisses me off. But they keep bring it up every year. I hope one day someone scores 82 on someone else.

Comment

Working...
                              X