No announcement yet.

Game #47: Utah Jazz 97 -Toronto Raptors 93

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am watching the Rockets-Pelican game where Rocket is 2 points behind with 4.1 seconds left, what play Rocket runs? Guess what, IOS by Beard and missed; Rocket lost the game; the same as Raps. NBA is run by stars. Normally coaches use ISO to close game

but is a DeMar ISO equivalent to a Harden ISO? I doubt it.

I believed in this approach up until a few days ago. The Minny game was bad, this game was bad, and this has been a season long trend in the clutch. Something's gotta change.

Comment

• also not sure what everyone complaining about isos at the end is on about because i didn't see an iso. we got our best player and mvp candidate a wide open shot curling off a screen. thought it was pretty good designed play and a shot demar makes routinely.

i question calling it when i didn't see him hit a single "shot he normally makes" all quarter and also question not having JV in for rebounding if it was going to be an early shot as others have noted, but you only get a few opportunities a year to draw up game winners/tie-ers.

Comment

• Zainab wrote: View Post
        Lowry over played. You dont leave any NBA player wide open at the 3 point line no matter how much they suck. Rubio is a 29% guy sure. When he is wide open im sure that % goes u
        Lowry did everything he possibly could to lose this game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• When most of these basketball TV guys say they dont believe in the Raptors, its because they dont have faith in Kyle or Derozan , the 2 STARS to deliver in the clutch. What differentiates the elite teams from the good is their ability to pull something off in the half court in the final minute of the game. Final 2 minutes too, when the defence gets locked in and the refs put the whistle in their pockets. Can this team survive against a top 5 defence if the game is tied with 3 minutes left??

The final 3 by Rubio shows a big difference between the culture of the Raptors and the culture of the Spurs. Mitchell is the best player he found an open player for the go ahead basket, didnt matter if he is a 29% shooter from 3. He was open. In the final minute the Raptors decided to go Derozan against the world. They did that against another team a few games ago too against the Warriors. Derozan Iso against K.D.

Comment

• I don't think people are overreacting. People are tired of watching the raps losing close games the same way over and over again and not learning form the mistake .

Same ISO ball, taking jump shots that are low percentage shots that are not failing in the final minutes

Comment

• Comment

• Nah, it is the matter we lost in today. Losing because you're playing on tired legs, or on a back-to-back or cuz 'its just one of those games' is understandable. This game was none of those. We lost because we fucking couldn't execute down the stretch at all. 3 really really bad posessions. Mitchell outplaying our all-star PG by a country mile is totally unacceptable. This game hurts. A lot.

Comment

• I'm talking a lot.

Comment

• so similar with the loss to the celtics. a guy who can't shoot 3s (Smart, Rubio) nails two big ones and the raps devolve to iso midrange when possessions matter most.

that's the danger of getting into close games. some random guy hits a couple lucky shots from 3 and you're buried. if you can't execute offensively....

Comment

• go to DeRozan again even when he is having an off game, because he is your MVP player. I have no objection with that. But, not the same shot. 4.8 is enough time to drive and kick, or drive and dish. I'm just frustrated that they seem to have no desire to get to the rim when it counts.

Comment

• I am so mad. I want to yell at the sky. I hate when the Raptors lose.

Comment

• But, you know what Raps wouldnt be in this spot if Lowry hit a shot tonight. Big picture stuff though this is just one game and only like the 4th home loss. Just part of a long season. We'll be fine.

I'll shut up soon. Let me finish venting first.

Comment

• If JV did not show up tonight, the game would be very ugly.

Comment

• Lonzo Ball (knee) is not expected to play on Sunday vs. the Raptors.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X