Game #47: Utah Jazz 97 -Toronto Raptors 93

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    And drawing up a play to get a DeMar fadeaway with JV not even on the court has to be a dumb call, to say the least. Even if the play wouldn't be for JV, on a night like he was having, don't you want him as a threat and rebounder out there? He was the best player on the court tonight. He wasn't in for the most critical offensive possession of the game. And seriously, get DeMar cutting away from the bucket for a fadeaway? And again, as a quick play, but without your best rebounder? Why? Why is Ibaka out there instead of him? They just ran him out to the corner and Gobert didn't pay any attention to him at all. He was just waiting in the paint to see what we did and was an extra body for DeMar to look at when he turned for his shot. That is a shot DeMar can hit, but it was not a very well thought out play at all.
    I mean it seems pretty simple to me. They hoped Ibaka would draw Gobert away from the basket to give DeMar more room to operate and reduce the likelihood of a double-team. JV is a monster but he clogs space for sure.

https://streamable.com/66hch

Unfortunately DeMar has got to recognize that Ibaka is wide open in that situation, but even then a cross-court pass with the giant Gobert in between is probably riskier than the one-on-one jumper.

Comment

• Kyle Lowry last night:

46 ORtg
      109 DRtg

-63 NetRtg

Not good.

Also to the point above I subscribe to the athletic it is worth every penny.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
        I mean it seems pretty simple to me. They hoped Ibaka would draw Gobert away from the basket to give DeMar more room to operate and reduce the likelihood of a double-team. JV is a monster but he clogs space for sure.

https://streamable.com/66hch

Unfortunately DeMar has got to recognize that Ibaka is wide open in that situation, but even then a cross-court pass with the giant Gobert in between is probably riskier than the one-on-one jumper.
        Simple but stupid. The pass that would have to get from the inbounder or Demar to Serge is impractical and risky. Gobert has absolutely no reason to chase him out there and leave the lane. If it's JV, the way he destroyed them last night, you can bet Gobert probably pays a lot more attention to him, and he's a better screener and rebounder. Even with Serge, they could've put him in a better spot rather than him just be a poorly thought out decoy.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• Everyone's heart rate approaching normal yet?

Comment

• Is it me or does Kyle always seem to lay an egg when he's facing a ROY candidate? Mitchell and Simmons this year.. Brogdon last year. It's like he has to prove himself against the rook and it backfires.

Terrible game for him. Bad decisions everywhere. The DD ISO shot is expected.. that won't change this year. I just hoped DD would have made it. He had a good look I guess. But I'd be surprised if we won in OT the way they were playing.

Sucks we lost to a bad team at home. Still 2 games away from first though, and the schedule is still fairly easy from now on.

Hope we do better against the Lakers.

Comment

• That really sucks about Cousins.. hate when stars go down. Kwahi earlier now DeMarcus.

Pelicans will fail to make the playoffs now which sucks for that franchise. I'm sure AD will want to leave now when his time is up. I guess that means PG will make the ASG after all? I'm sure the commish will use him as an injury replacement.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                That really sucks about Cousins.. hate when stars go down. Kwahi earlier now DeMarcus.

Pelicans will fail to make the playoffs now which sucks for that franchise. I'm sure AD will want to leave now when his time is up. I guess that means PG will make the ASG after all? I'm sure the commish will use him as an injury replacement.
                This is a straight up dagger not only to the season but could very well mean the beginning of the end to the Pelicans franchise in New Orleans if Boogie leaves and is followed by AD a year or two after. Bring back franchises in Seattle and Vancouver!

Comment

• The Raptors are 3-3 in their last 6 home games. They are slumping just like the Celtics.

The last time they Raptors played well was against the Warriors.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                    The Raptors are 3-3 in their last 6 home games. They are slumping just like the Celtics.

The last time they Raptors played well was against the Warriors.
                    They are slumping a bit no doubt, but they really played well against Atlanta ( dominated them like they should).
                    Lakers and Minni are coming up at home and both teams are playing good so lets hope they get back to their high playing level.

Comment

• This one sucked. Confidence zapper, we shot like a lottery team.

Not only did I wish kyle rested over all star weekend, in all honesty I didn't think he deserved it this year. He's been wildly inconsistent. We needed....anything from him last night. Looks like he's taken the mantle from Cory Joseph to lead the team in drives ending in wild desperation heaves at the rim that don't go in.

Need to capitalize on these games to have any hope to catch bean gown. Ugh. Still pissed today
                      It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

Comment

• Zainab wrote: View Post

Why can’t we have sideline reporters like that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                          Why can’t we have sideline reporters like that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Man have we ever had a foxy sideline reporter? Norma Wick was okay but I would love an Abby Chin or Olivia Harlan.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                            Man have we ever had a foxy sideline reporter? Norma Wick was okay but I would love an Abby Chin or Olivia Harlan.
                            Nah I prefer the awkward Rod Black.

Comment

• Need to turn the page and go to the new game thread

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                                Nah I prefer the awkward Rod Black.
                                GOOD OL awkward used car salesman Roddy B

Comment

Working...
                                X