Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why no love for our sophomores at all star

is everyone else just better?

Casey said that the coaches split votes on our bench mob. We don't have one leading player in terms of raw production so case could be made for other guys around the league to be picked ahead of them. Also rising star games tend to favour players from losing teams.

Comment

Yeah, all star games reward winning teams first, rising stars just rewards the ones getting the most points aka taking the most shots aka playing on bad teams
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

rightsideup wrote: View Post
        is everyone else just better?
        No. | Player (Team) | Pos.
        8 | Bogdan Bogdanovic (Kings) | G
        24 | Dillon Brooks (Grizzlies) | F-G
        21 | Joel Embiid (76ers) | C
        24 | Buddy Hield (Kings) | G
        24 | Lauri Markkanen (Bulls) | F
        27 | Jamal Murray (Nuggets) | G
        11 | Frank Ntilikina (Knicks) | G
        11 | Domantas Sabonis (Pacers) | C-F
        9 | Dario Saric (76ers) | F
        25 | Ben Simmons (76ers) | G-F

that is a lot of talent. the best players coming from the sixers who may have the best team of those taken . that kid from chicago sure is some thing

Comment

I mean, two players from Sacramento? That's ridiculous! I'm okay with Hield, because he showed flashes on offence at least. But 25 year old Bogdanovic? No way, he should be in this game.

Frank Ntilikina also doesn't deserve it. Perhaps next year, but what has he done so far?

I'm not happy that Embiid is eligible for the Rising Stars game, although he's an All Star. Makes no sense. And we could make a case that Dillon Brooks isn't really better than the Raptor's young guys.

Comment

gk17 wrote: View Post
            I mean, two players from Sacramento? That's ridiculous! I'm okay with Hield, because he showed flashes on offence at least. But 25 year old Bogdanovic? No way, he should be in this game.

Frank Ntilikina also doesn't deserve it. Perhaps next year, but what has he done so far?

I'm not happy that Embiid is eligible for the Rising Stars game, although he's an All Star. Makes no sense. And we could make a case that Dillon Brooks isn't really better than the Raptor's young guys.
            Can Embiid play in the back to back ? LOL
            There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
            - TGO

Comment

Majesiu wrote: View Post
              Casey said that the coaches split votes on our bench mob. We don't have one leading player in terms of raw production so case could be made for other guys around the league to be picked ahead of them. Also rising star games tend to favour players from losing teams.
              And then consider this take....from David Aldridge on the NBA.com beat.... I tend to agree with Aldridge...Casey saying what he has to in public to support his guys.. but in his heart.... happier than hell they run no risk of injury or anything during the "festivities"

3. Toronto Raptors (2-1) [3]: Their brass and coaches are banging the NBA for not including O.G. Anunoby , Fred VanVleet or Jakob Poeltl in the Mtn Dew Kickstart Rising Stars game. I guarantee you -- they’re secretly thrilled that their kids won’t be sucked into the L.A. vortex for All-Star weekend. Thrilled.
              There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
              - TGO

Comment

Working...
              X