No announcement yet.

Game #53: Boston Celtics 91 - Toronto Raptors 111

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's the thing. We all want the Raps to finish 1st right? so that they can avoid the Cavs in the 2nd round. The thing is right now, we don't know where the Cavs are going to finish. I could easily see them finishing 4th/5th/6th.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
      I LOVE how much confidence and swagger the bench mob has. At this point I'm talking myself into all-bench units in the playoffs, and we even have a strong 11th man (the seemingly resurrected Norm) to throw out there if needed
      You're not the only one
      [IMG] [/IMG]
      If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
        Here's the thing. We all want the Raps to finish 1st right? so that they can avoid the Cavs in the 2nd round. The thing is right now, we don't know where the Cavs are going to finish. I could easily see them finishing 4th/5th/6th.
        A lot depends on how soon (or if) the Cavs stop losing two games for every game they win. They could finish 7th, 8th, or even 9th if things go really bad from here. Detroit seems at least somewhat likely to muscle its way into the playoff with the boost that Griffin has given them, which means that somebody else is on their way out.

Even if they do limp into the playoffs, I'm not sure they have what it takes to defend against us if we play them like we played the Celtics tonight, and with the Love injury (and re-adjustment time when he comes back), The Cavs could well be in serious trouble in the first round if they finish 7th or 8th and play either Boston or us.

I know, I know, "Never Count Lebron Out." On the other hand, I think the sort of chemistry improvements the Cavs need to make would have been possible with Kyrie, but absolutely won't happen with IT, so...

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
          Here's the thing. We all want the Raps to finish 1st right? so that they can avoid the Cavs in the 2nd round. The thing is right now, we don't know where the Cavs are going to finish. I could easily see them finishing 4th/5th/6th.
          Just aim for home court for 3 rounds, can't worry about the lower seeds. At their current rate, Cavs could easily end up 7th or 8th.
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• I read it on reddit, and dunno why I find it so hilarious:

Raptors and their fans are on some serious blow, look how pumped up they are and stuff. My goodness......they aren't winning a title anytime soon but they really are kinda terrifying with their mindset against us. I had no idea we were this important.

Comment

• That was one hell of a victory.. Defensive intensity was there.. Lowry hit some shots. CJ was on fire. The bench mob was so fricken good. Was worried about some Celtics come back.. but the Raptors were just too good.

Ibaka made some really dumb plays. JV and DD had horrible games and it didn't matter. We still kicked their asses.

Gonna have to watch this one again. Adding it to my collection. So far have the Cavs game, Bucks game, the first Portland game, and now this one.

Comment

• players overrated

team overrated

coach overrated

The Boston Celtics
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Just watched the highlights of this game and the Cavs game back to back. I'm feeling good right now
                  The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Also, I'm really glad we won this game because now we're the ones that get to talk mad shit
                    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Game #53: Boston Celtics at Toronto Raptors, February 6 2018, 19:30 pm EST on TSN1/4

I feel like this is why celtics fans rightfully make fun of us. We’re acting like we just won the championship and more importantly worried way too much about rubbing in to Boston fans’ faces. If we want to continue to progress as a franchise and fan base we should stop acting like the biggest game in franchise history is playing the Celtics in the regular season and winning.

I hate Boston as much as the next guy but this is just a bit of a rant I felt like going on. Good win. On to the next.
                      Last edited by Maury; Wed Feb 7, 2018, 01:57 AM.

Comment

• I could see the Raps winning a bunch in a row right now. At least they should. The Houston game (but at home) looms but isn't it nice that literally every game now seems really winnable? A lot of little things went our way tonight (though not the whistle) and Kyrie missed some open shots but there is no question that things are really coming together for this team. Jack Armstrong seems to think we need another shooter and perhaps he's right but I wouldn't give up any of the bench mob right now and I'm not sure who I'd want to take minutes from either. If ever you wanted to "stand pat" with a team this might be the one because it's so dependent on chemistry rather than just talent.

Comment

• This was a big win - the Raptors have to really believe they can beat anybody in the East. They didn't think they could beat Lebron the last two years and it showed.

Thing with Boston is their perimeter-heavy defence would have killed the old Raptors. The new offence was designed to beat teams like this.

Also the Raps' D does not get enough credit. It's much more mobile and switches a lot now (#2 overall in blocks is fun too), but most of all they sustain high intensity for much more of the game than they ever used to. They used to show flashes but they never sustained it. The crazy bench is a big part of that. I swear this is like watching two teams play on the same team. Crazy. Second game in a row the bench closed out the entire 4th quarter.

And as long as fan comment updates are being passed back and forth, feel free to tell Celtics fans to kiss my white Irish ass. That game was fun.
                          Last edited by S.R.; Wed Feb 7, 2018, 02:40 AM.
                          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                            I feel like this is why celtics fans rightfully make fun of us. We’re acting like we just won the championship and more importantly worried way too much about rubbing in to Boston fans’ faces. If we want to continue to progress as a franchise and fan base we should stop acting like the biggest game in franchise history is playing the Celtics in the regular season and winning.

I hate Boston as much as the next guy but this is just a bit of a rant I felt like going on. Good win. On to the next.
                            Who's treating this like a championship? Raps have now beaten both of the media's favorites to win the East by 20+ each. Of course there's going to be excitement here

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                              Who's treating this like a championship? Raps have now beaten both of the media's favorites to win the East by 20+ each. Of course there's going to be excitement here
                              I’m totally fine with it. It’s just the way it is, we’re a newer franchise experiencing the most success we ever have. I’m just as excited as everyone else.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                                I’m totally fine with it. It’s just the way it is, we’re a newer franchise experiencing the most success we ever have. I’m just as excited as everyone else.
                                Raptors have had 5 straight successful regular seasons now. In all 5 seasons they have won more than 48 games. This is not new to the raptors. They are used to dominating the regular season. If the Celtics won by 20 tonight would you be calling it just another game? Pretty sure the fire Casey thread would be back out.
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X