Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I wonder if Celtics Nation ( Fans ) Consider us ( Raptor Nation ) a Rivalry ..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wonder if Celtics Nation ( Fans ) Consider us ( Raptor Nation ) a Rivalry ..

Entering tonight's game ... I was wondering if Celtic fans have tunnel vision toward Cavs and Wizards and this game isn't even circled on their calendar .

guyroch wrote: View Post
    Entering tonight's game ... I was wondering if Celtic fans have tunnel vision toward Cavs and Wizards and this game isn't even circled on their calendar .
    I don't frequent many Celtics sites. My sense is that they are focused on the trade deadline more than anything else right now...

Comment

Since I'm currently on a PC and can copy and paste with easy, here's a few snippets from their fan forums:

by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Sun Feb 4, 2018 9:54 pm

2 inches of snow forecasted for Toronto on Wednesday. The city can save some money by harvesting the salt accumulated from the Raptors board whenever they talk about the Celtics, and use it to sprinkle on the roads. Safety first, eh?
      by rickrolled » Sun Feb 4, 2018 10:24 pm

This is Torontos super bowl.
      CelticsPride18 » Sun Feb 4, 2018 10:54 pm

This game is banner worthy for the Raptors.
      by estendius » Yesterday 6:21 am

The Raptors play very good in your home court. It's an important game, preview of ECF ? Must win.
      by Gant » Yesterday 1:02 pm

estendius wrote:
      The Raptors play very good in your home court. It's an important game, preview of ECF ? Must win.

The Raptors are very good. I really like their team this year. A win against them under current conditions would be impressive. It is a big game, but not a must win.
      by Moose23 » Yesterday 5:47 pm

I will remain shocked if the regular season performers make the ECFs.

They got there once, almost by fluke.
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Hey Celtics Nation, if you're reading this, i only have one thing to say: you can all go fuck yourselves.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

Guys, it's not really a rivalry... I(We?) just fucking hate these egoistic motherfuckers. That's about it.
          Last edited by rocwell; Tue Feb 6, 2018, 05:26 PM.

Comment

Yeah Celtics are like Lakers or Dallas Cowboys. Even when they're bad they're a legacy team. We ain't them. We gotta eat some humble pie and keep grinding. We DID kind of stumble and trip ass first into a conference finals. I need to see a playoffs with pedigree. 23 years we've been around, 4 or 5 of those years we can truly be proud of. We got work to do. And I'm excited to watch it get done.
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Americans have no idea what rivalry means... Just saying. Maybe one day we'll have something like this... That would be really cool.

Comment

Rivalries are built in the playoffs. This game means more to the fans than the players.

Comment

/
                  estendius wrote:

They do, and advance stats say the Raps are the best team in the East. Not sure it's a must win though, there's still a lot of games to go and I still feel 1rst or 2nd in the East only matters when it decides who plays LeBron first. But since the Cavs are in disarray and IT is still getting his game back no one knows which seed will avoid LeBron till later.

All that said I can't get behind anyone saying there's going to be a BOS vs TOR Eastern Conference Finals.

Just seems like too much disrespect to LeBron. And one of our teams are going to have to face him in the second round.

Maybe I'll change my tune if we end up with Lou Williams or Tyerek by Thursday but even then I guess I won't believe it until I see it for a couple games in a playoff series.

Comment

/

I want to see the Celtics beat the raptors without Morris, Smart, Moose and Kyrie and have them be fully healthy.

Like curb stomp them.

The crying from them would be fantastic

Comment

/
                      The Celtics will have on the court three players who deserve to be All-Stars, the Raptors send players to the game that don't deserve to be there and only arrive due to vote manipulation and Stern/Silver's wasted push into 'foreign markets'.

Did Kyle Lowry hire Markelle Fultz to teach him how to shoot free throws at the end of games?

A team paying $100million for Ibaka, Lowry and DeRozan is not good for the NBA.

The Celtics could have Greg Monroe, Toronto would counter with their Van Fleet and Pascal Siakam.

If you want to know why nobody wants to put the Raptors on real TV channels, just think about how low ratings would be if viewers were forced to see Pascal Siakam, Norman Powell and Alfonzo McKinnie.

Comment

/
                        Put a taller player on DeRozan and you win the game. DeRozan has made a career of playing the 2 and shooting over shorter defenders. Also it would help not to allow the Raptors to dominate the paint.

Comment

/

This is a big game for the Raptors. Which bodes well for us, because Lowry and Derozan suck in big games.

Comment

Really weird that there is some sort of rivalry between C's and Raps but we haven't even faced them in the playoffs.

Comment

It's strictly a RealGM fanbase thing and seemingly one sided. Raptors fan just need something to be obsessed with.

But it's not that weird. In the past 10 years every year but one it's been the Raptors or Celtics winning the division.

Hell the last 2 years the team that's won it has gone to the ECF. So it's been a competition between two high level teams.

And now you have this year where these two teams from the same division again are in a 2 team race to win the division and whoever does will certainly have the best record in the East. No other teams will be close to the #1 seed.

And you'd likely bet money that at least one will be in the ECF for the 3rd straight year for these teams.

So it's been a decade long back and forth between two top tier teams.

Comment

Working...
                              X