Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I wonder if Celtics Nation ( Fans ) Consider us ( Raptor Nation ) a Rivalry ..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow, crazy

And honestly, their dislike for the Celtics is due to years and years of being clowned by this franchise. Gerald Green made Chuck Swirsky cry like a petulant child over a meaningless dunk at the end of a game back in 2006. Then the new big 3 came and took their precious Atlantic Division "championship" away in 2008 and held it for years, which partially led to Chris Bosh leaving them for Miami. Either that, or it was Pierce dunking on him while kneeing him in his vagina. Pierce then continued to torment them when he was with Brooklyn and Washington, eliminating their team in consecutive years.

And then of course, there was last year, where the Celtics ended up getting something that their franchise has never had before - the #1 seed in the East. They want it so bad this year, because deep in their minds, they know that this is their only shot. Cavs are bad, and we are missing Hayward. They're having a good year this year. too, so I will tip my hat to them. Next season, they will go back to being insignificant once Hayward comes back and our kids mature. Lowry is old, Ibaka will be 34, and Norm Powell isn't the All-star that they told everyone he was going to be (Of course, they will then tell us that OG Anunoby is the next Kawhi).

It would suck losing to them in the playoffs this year.........but honestly, it might be the humane thing to wish for. That board might never recover from the humiliation if they were to lose to a Celtics team missing their 2nd best player.

Comment

It’s completely created from the raptors side out of a lack of media respect. If both Toronto and Boston had the exact same roster, the raptors would receive half attention. Raptors fans seeing a team on the same level as them get a ton of praise, while they get nothing but doubt has everyone feeling disrespected.

If the national tv schedule favoured the lakers over the Celtics as heavily as it’s against the raptors for example, Celtics fans would be pissed about the lakers.

Tonight will be a fun battle for the 1st seed with kyrie playing.
      z

Comment

I recall the GT board of LeBron saying take the Cavs off national tv and someone posting "and put the Raptors on it" and my immediate reaction to that was "no."

The Raptors are a very good team by SRS rankings they're the 3rd best team in the NBA.

But they are boring. Their stars are chokers. DeRozen is a Rip Hamilton in a Steph Curry world.

Very good team, good technical basketball, no drama or intrigue. For most of his life also a bad coach. No marketable stars. Could very easily be in the Finals this year though.
        z

Comment

This is what the word "rivalry" means to a Celtics fan......

Comment

Comment

I have another thing to say to all Celtics Nation lurkers here - Fly Eagles Fly!! oh baby!
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                #FlyEaglesFly
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                  Yeah Celtics are like Lakers or Dallas Cowboys. Even when they're bad they're a legacy team. We ain't them. We gotta eat some humble pie and keep grinding. We DID kind of stumble and trip ass first into a conference finals. I need to see a playoffs with pedigree. 23 years we've been around, 4 or 5 of those years we can truly be proud of. We got work to do. And I'm excited to watch it get done.
                  It's not like Boston was MORE impressive than the Raptors in their trip to the Eastern Conference finals last year. They were going to lose to the 8 seeded Bulls before Rondo got hurt, and then it took a weird career best Kelly Olynyk performance to win game 7 over the Wizards.

And yes, they got smoked by Cleveland even worse than Toronto did when they got there.
                  That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

Other Scott wrote: View Post
                    It's not like Boston was MORE impressive than the Raptors in their trip to the Eastern Conference finals last year. They were going to lose to the 8 seeded Bulls before Rondo got hurt, and then it took a weird career best Kelly Olynyk performance to win game 7 over the Wizards.

And yes, they got smoked by Cleveland even worse than Toronto did when they got there.
                    I'm more talking about the 60 years prior. Our conf finals was a touchstone moment. Bostons was..not

Comment

Wtf are all these Celtics fan quotes get this shit outta here.
                      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                        for perspective, relax

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                          #InferiorityComplex
                          #BlameCanada

Comment

Zainab wrote: View Post
                            for perspective, relax
                            I'm quite relaxed

Comment

jacobdr4 wrote: View Post
                              I'm quite relaxed
                              Maintain

Comment

jacobdr4 wrote: View Post
                                I'm quite relaxed
                                I'll have what you're having

Comment

Working...
                                X