Everything Malachi Richardson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Not that a every saw any game tape of him but despite the hate i give to him, it was pretty impressive for a kid from St.mikes to play D1 and then get drafted in the 1st round. I think what really fucked him up was he had a major knee injury(acl/mcl) had surgery and the sixers had him on the court a week later. He was never the same again. It was ruthless back then
    Not to mention the state of medical science back then. He would have been butchered by todays standards.

That being said, I dread when Sportsnet has the games because I can't stand him.

Comment

• Shredder wrote: View Post

Not to mention the state of medical science back then. He would have been butchered by todays standards.

That being said, I dread when Sportsnet has the games because I can't stand him.
      They should have changed up both Jack and Leo when Swirsky left for Chicago and Matt came in. Would have been a great time for a complete overhaul on the tv side of things. I like that the idea of the colour guy is an ex coach as they can give you some insight into the game.. Jack does a better job of it than Leo, but they have both become stale IMO.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

They should have changed up both Jack and Leo when Swirsky left for Chicago and Matt came in. Would have been a great time for a complete overhaul on the tv side of things. I like that the idea of the colour guy is an ex coach as they can give you some insight into the game.. Jack does a better job of it than Leo, but they have both become stale IMO.

Yeah, at this point we should get a recent ex-coach or a reasonably articulate recent ex-player, like Richard Jefferson, for example. I'd like somebody who is actually plugged into the NBA and can get you insider scoops. Jack doesn't feel like he's any more of an NBA insider than your average high school coach, giving worn out platitudes and generic coaching cliches. I remember when Jack went on Danny Green's show and Danny politely contradicted him on a few statements he made, of which Jack would probably spout as 'truisms' to the viewing audiences.

Incredibly, in the early days of CTV broadcasting the Raptors, we had Doc Rivers, just before he started coaching the Magic. It's been downhill from there.

Raptors are world-class at just about everything else, but the TV broadcast crew is like amateur hour, in comparison.

Comment

• The DeRozan thread was moved to the Let's NBA forum HOURS after the trade but this Malachi thread is still here?
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

I'm not a fan of Leo either but Jack has just become a cartoon character with goofy stale catch phrases and drunk stories. Are there really still fans who think "HELLO!" and then some goofy french accent when Boucher does something is funny? It's painful to watch when Matt tries to still make his schtick out to be funny.

PLEASE bring in anyone else but Sam Mitchell .....
            Last edited by G__Deane; Wed Jan 15, 2020, 01:14 PM.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Yeah, at this point we should get a recent ex-coach or a reasonably articulate recent ex-player, like Richard Jefferson, for example. I'd like somebody who is actually plugged into the NBA and can get you insider scoops. Jack doesn't feel like he's any more of an NBA insider than your average high school coach, giving worn out platitudes and generic coaching cliches. I remember when Jack went on Danny Green's show and Danny politely contradicted him on a few statements he made, of which Jack would probably spout as 'truisms' to the viewing audiences.

Incredibly, in the early days of CTV broadcasting the Raptors, we had Doc Rivers, just before he started coaching the Magic. It's been downhill from there.

Raptors are world-class at just about everything else, but the TV broadcast crew is like amateur hour, in comparison.
              Get Danny Green for color commentary when he retires lol
              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post

Get Danny Green for color commentary when he retires lol
                Or Tom Sterner.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                  The DeRozan thread was moved to the Let's NBA forum HOURS after the trade but this Malachi thread is still here?
                  I came here looking to see if there was a Shamorie Ponds appreciation thread but I found this instead!
                  your pal,
                  ebrian

Comment

• ebrian wrote: View Post

I came here looking to see if there was a Shamorie Ponds appreciation thread but I found this instead!

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                      The DeRozan thread was moved to the Let's NBA forum HOURS after the trade but this Malachi thread is still here?
                      This is now a "Everything Colour Commentary" thread
                      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

This is now a "Everything Colour Commentary" thread
                        /Shamorie Ponds Memorial Thread.

Comment

Or Tom Sterner.

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

/Shamorie Ponds Memorial Thread.
                            Mannnnn NOW THE GRIZZLIES ARE GOING TO SIGN HIM, TURN PONDS INTO A PLAYER Who COMES OFF THE BENCH AND MAYBE CAN PLAY AT LEAST TWO MINUTES A GAME

AND WHERE WILL WE BE?!?!?!?!?

STUCK WITH PAUL WATSON JR.

HOPEFULLY he'S BETTER THAN MALACHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

MAYBE WE CAN BRING MALACHI IN TO SHOW HIM HOW BAD IS UNACCEPTABLE IN THE LAND OF REBUILDING PLAYERSSSS

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

I'm not a fan of Leo either but Jack has just become a cartoon character with goofy stale catch phrases and drunk stories. Are there really still fans who think "HELLO!" and then some goofy french accent when Boucher does something is funny? It's painful to watch when Matt tries to still make his schtick out to be funny.

PLEASE bring in anyone else but Sam Mitchell .....
                              Also I'm on the market! I THINK I COULD BEAT LEO - JACK's tough though. THAT's A HIIIIIIIGH STANDARD MAN! A HIIIIIIIIIGH STANDARD

NO ONE WILL EVER FORGET THE BALL INTERVIEWWWWWWW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56GL0ayF9Fs

ALSO WAS TURKOGLU ACTually good FOR A BIT!?!!? I Recently heard he had some success with the magic and was thrown off - THOUGHT HE WAS JUST DEMARRE CARROL PART OOOOOONE

Comment

Working...
                              X