X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mapko wrote: View Post
    What's so unfair about it?
    If you choose to disclose company's deepest secrets to your wife & she spills beans you should get fired.
    BC would not be punished for his wife's action. He would be punished for disclosing sensitive & personal info to somebody he was not 100% sure could keep a secret. Or if not sure: dont say shit & you would be fine.
    I have a hunch he just opened accounts under wife's name as an extra precaution. Now we see how well that worked.
    I just feel like most people, regardless of their job unless it's like top secret government stuff, share things with their spouse and are willing to take that risk. It's not necessarily a bad thing in most cases as most of the time the wives are trustworthy, but yeah if it bites you, you have to take the fall for it.

It's a form of moral support they feel they need to have to help them with the stress of their job. You just have to make sure your wife knows the implications of that stuff getting out.
    That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• Mapko wrote: View Post
      Dan
      I agree 100% in that unloading Ibaka & Norm, And/or S/T (likely 3 teams) will be next to impossible for most GMs, but Masai?
      Guy got assetts for overpaid/inefficient Rudy Gay; Got a lottery pick for Bargs; got draft choices out of Bucks....
      Its a question of need.
      Furthermore, there could be other pieces (Val, Delon W....).
      Finally, if there is a chance to land Lebron, morgage the future 1sts, Delon....
      Is Houston in better position than us wrt salary? I dont think so.
      Houston is in a significant better position than us with respect to salary.

They've got 85M on the books. We've got 130M. They have some big cap holds, but it would be so much easier for them to maneuver to cap space than for us.

I'm not saying Masai can't pull off a couple of those moves. I'm saying they have to dump Norm and Ibaka, AND JV, AND let Fred walk, AND dump Miles... And now that I look at the numbers, to sign James with cap space they would literally need to dump every player on the roster except Lowry and DeMar and replace them with minimum signings.

To get him in a sign and trade would be slightly less expensive, but only slightly so. Unless Cleveland wants DeMar, it's really hard to make that work. And that's AFTER the miraculous moves Masai has made to shed Norm and Ibaka.

I put it this way on another forum: it is more likely that Malachi Richardson develops into the next LeBron James for next season than that LeBron James himself plays for the Raptors starting in training camp.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
        Houston is in a significant better position than us with respect to salary.

They've got 85M on the books. We've got 130M. They have some big cap holds, but it would be so much easier for them to maneuver to cap space than for us.

I'm not saying Masai can't pull off a couple of those moves. I'm saying they have to dump Norm and Ibaka, AND JV, AND let Fred walk, AND dump Miles... And now that I look at the numbers, to sign James with cap space they would literally need to dump every player on the roster except Lowry and DeMar and replace them with minimum signings.

To get him in a sign and trade would be slightly less expensive, but only slightly so. Unless Cleveland wants DeMar, it's really hard to make that work. And that's AFTER the miraculous moves Masai has made to shed Norm and Ibaka.

I put it this way on another forum: it is more likely that Malachi Richardson develops into the next LeBron James for next season than that LeBron James himself plays for the Raptors starting in training camp.

Comment

• Opening odds to win the 2019 NBA Finals from Westgate Las Vegas:
          GSW-5/4
          HOU-7/2
          PHI-7/2
          BOS-8/1
          SAS-25/1
          LAL-20/1
          MIA-20/1
          CLE-30/1
          TOR-40/1
          UTA-60/1
          POR-80/1
          OKC-60/1
          NOP-80/1
          MIN-80/1

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
            Opening odds to win the 2019 NBA Finals from Westgate Las Vegas:
            GSW-5/4
            HOU-7/2
            PHI-7/2
            BOS-8/1
            SAS-25/1
            LAL-20/1
            MIA-20/1
            CLE-30/1
            TOR-40/1
            UTA-60/1
            POR-80/1
            OKC-60/1
            NOP-80/1
            MIN-80/1
            Miami and Lakers lol

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
              Miami and Lakers lol
              LAL is on LeBron watch right now

Comment

Miami and Lakers lol
                Because of the players who are likely going to be available in free agency: LeBron, Paul George, Kawhi (trade not FA), Cousins, etc.

However not really sure how Miami would acquire any of them.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                  Because of the players who are likely going to be available in free agency: LeBron, Paul George, Kawhi (trade not FA), Cousins, etc.

However not really sure how Miami would acquire any of them.
                  I know, its just funny people are assuming they'll aquire any of them, especially multiple, considering thats what it'll take to win the championship.

Comment

I know, its just funny people are assuming they'll aquire any of them, especially multiple, considering thats what it'll take to win the championship.
                    Bookies. Not people. Vegas can't just offer 300/1. Too risky. LA got money and LeBron is a free agent

Comment

• Lakers fans are delusional as always. No way LeBron goes there. If winning is his #1 priority, why would he go there?

Kobe ain't walking through that door, they're going to be a middle of the pack team for a long time and i couldn't be any happier.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                        Lakers fans are delusional as always. No way LeBron goes there. If winning is his #1 priority, why would he go there?

Kobe ain't walking through that door, they're going to be a middle of the pack team for a long time and i couldn't be any happier.
                        First of all, nobody is talking about Lakers fans. It's bookies who think that LA is one of the top destinations for LeBron.

Second, Lakers fans are far from delusional. There are logistic signs that LeBron is moving to LA. He bought a house in LA last year. Renovation has just started. TMZ got pictures and everything. Also:

Someone I really trust told me that the school subplot – that LeBron and his wife were already looking for a school in Los Angeles for their kids – was a complete misunderstanding. Maybe it’s not the case. But they said that he was shooting a commercial near that school and said, ‘I want to take a breather and get some shots in. Where is there a court near here?’ And he wound up shooting hoops at the school and then afterward, they were just poking around before going back to the commercial shoot. But they said he was shooting a commercial right nearby and that’s the only reason he was in the neighborhood. But who knows?
                        Last edited by rocwell; Sun Jun 3, 2018, 03:21 PM.

Comment

• Comment

• What if Lebron went to Philly? Do you guys think he'd be okay with the roster they have as it stands, or might he be demanding they bring in some vets to stabilize that lineup a bit? Specifically I'm just wondering if the Raps would be able to get in on some of that stability -- maybe trade Lowry there for some of their excess young talent?

Make no mistake, I'm hella scared of what went wrong with Fultz this past year but just wondering what you guys think about some possibilities there where we could capitalize?
                            your pal,
                            ebrian

Comment

• ebrian wrote: View Post
                              What if Lebron went to Philly? Do you guys think he'd be okay with the roster they have as it stands, or might he be demanding they bring in some vets to stabilize that lineup a bit? Specifically I'm just wondering if the Raps would be able to get in on some of that stability -- maybe trade Lowry there for some of their excess young talent?

Make no mistake, I'm hella scared of what went wrong with Fultz this past year but just wondering what you guys think about some possibilities there where we could capitalize?
                              Yeah, I wouldn't want to touch Fultz right now. A score first guard who seemed to be both mentally and physically broken last year. Not too enticing.

Only Saric seems like he might be available in the LeBron to Philly scenario. And that's not for sure, but that's a lot of forwards. You'd think they'd welcome the chance to add a guard like Lowry to try and win immediately, with Saric not being a huge sacrifice with LeBron and Simmons probably starting at the forward spots.

Is Saric a good enough piece? Would they add a pick? Or Covington? Redick, Belinelli and Ilyasova were all rentals, so if they traded Covington they'd have no depth and no wings/shooters. They'd have to try and buy it all with limited resources.

Not sure Philly is a good trading partner. But then again, not sure LeBron would have any real desire to go there.

Comment

• I think the common thought (certainly the suggestion I had made, and therefore in my mind the best suggestion) was Lowry for Fultz, Covington and Bayless, to make the money work in July, plus a 2019 pick. Would definitely only be a real option if they get LeBron (which I totally think they will).
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X