X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gk17 wrote: View Post
    Hield & their pick? Yes.
    Yeah, I think we would have to take on some contracts as well, but I'm more curious if Hield is worth trading DeMar for. Don't know much about him, but basic stats show him to be a good shooter, and I'd think he has to be a better defender that DD.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
      Yeah, I think we would have to take on some contracts as well, but I'm more curious if Hield is worth trading DeMar for. Don't know much about him, but basic stats show him to be a good shooter, and I'd think he has to be a better defender that DD.
      I wouldn't take him without the pick. Hield would be a nice bonus.

Comment

• If you were SAC would you do Serg straight up for #37 in this years draft? They have the cap room once their books are cleared. Veteran PF to go along with Heild, Fox and whoever falls to them.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
          If you were SAC would you do Serg straight up for #37 in this years draft? They have the cap room once their books are cleared. Veteran PF to go along with Heild, Fox and whoever falls to them.
          If I was SAC I would take Poeltl + Wright for Hield + Labissiere +their 2020 second rounder.

Then if I'm the Raps, I'd pitch this 2020 second rounder from SAC + 2020 own First rounder + 2019 own second rounder + Derozan + Siakam to the spurs for Kawhi + Mills.

Lowry/FVV/Mills
          Hield/Norm
          Kawhi/Miles
          OG/Labissiere
          JV/Serge

Apparently SAC thinks Hield is the next Steph Curry though (go figure, they're Sacramento I guess), so that probably wouldn't work.

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post
            If I was SAC I would take Poeltl + Wright for Hield + Labissiere +their 2020 second rounder.

Then if I'm the Raps, I'd pitch this 2020 second rounder from SAC + 2020 own First rounder + 2019 own second rounder + Derozan + Siakam to the spurs for Kawhi + Mills.

Lowry/FVV/Mills
            Hield/Norm
            Kawhi/Miles
            OG/Labissiere
            JV/Serge

Apparently SAC thinks Hield is the next Steph Curry though (go figure, they're Sacramento I guess), so that probably wouldn't work.
            Wow that escalated

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
              Wow that escalated
              Yep. 'been sipping margaritas by the beach the whole afternoon so I'm inspired (aka buzzed)... Looking at their career 3P%, a starting lineup of Lowry/Hield/Kawhi/OG/JV would have an average 3P% of 38.7%. The worst 3P shooter on that line up would be Lowry at 37%. Defence on the wing would be OG + Leonard. A 3 & D killing machine. Off the bench we'd still have FVV, Miles and the corpse of Ibaka to space the floor. Can't pry Kawhi off the Spurs though. Back to drinking

Comment

Lowry/FVV/Mills
                Hield/Norm
                Kawhi/Miles
                OG/Labissiere
                JV/Serge

Tenforthewin burner account?

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                  Tenforthewin burner account?
                  Muahaha, you know I was gonna write something like that, may sound like a tftw trade lol...but in a fantasy world where you get Kawhi I guess pretty much every trade scenario would sound a bit like tenforthewin lol

Comment

• Seriously though: I know the talk now is that they want to mend fences and he wanted to retire a spur etc.., but if the team-player rift was there and you considered Kawhi a disgruntled star who kinda wants out, who hasn't played in almost a year, with a controversial mysterious injury that no one knows the true extent of, is that package too little for him?

Comment

Seriously though: I know the talk now is that they want to mend fences and he wanted to retire a spur etc.., but if the team-player rift was there and you considered Kawhi a disgruntled star who kinda wants out, who hasn't played in almost a year, with a controversial mysterious injury that no one knows the true extent of, is that package too little for him?
                      I'd think any Kawhi trade would require multiple of our young prospects. DeMar is probably the best backbone to a deal we could offer, but I'm not sure if the Spurs would be interested in him.

Even assuming they'd take that package, I'd have a hard time imagining there not being a better offer from someone else.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                        I'd think any Kawhi trade would require multiple of our young prospects. DeMar is probably the best backbone to a deal we could offer, but I'm not sure if the Spurs would be interested in him.

Even assuming they'd take that package, I'd have a hard time imagining there not being a better offer from someone else.
                        Yeah Celtics or Lakers can offer better options without gutting their teams.

Comment

• I see the Ringer has a story about how LeBron could go to Boston in a package for either Hayward or for Kyrie + pieces. The big question there, I suppose, is whether Boston wants to get that much older, especially if Lebron wants his usual one-and-dones that he got in Cleveland.

Bonus question: if both Lebron and Kawhi were both hypothetically available to Boston for a sign-and-trade, which one of the two would be the better fit?

Comment

• TheWaterboy wrote: View Post
                            I see the Ringer has a story about how LeBron could go to Boston in a package for either Hayward or for Kyrie + pieces. The big question there, I suppose, is whether Boston wants to get that much older, especially if Lebron wants his usual one-and-dones that he got in Cleveland.

Bonus question: if both Lebron and Kawhi were both hypothetically available to Boston for a sign-and-trade, which one of the two would be the better fit?
                            Kawhi

Comment

• I think the question that needs to be answered before answering if/when Lebron leaves Cleveland, is .. what's his motivation now?

He went to Miami to create the 'Big 3' in order to win a championship or two ... check

He returned to Cleveland to bring a championship to the NBA city he grew up in close proximity .. check

If he's simply trying to win a championship, then there's a number of 'close' teams that adding Lebron would provide a big boost - in those cases, Lebron would simply sign with the team outright for a 'respectable' salary, and wouldn't do a sign and trade at all because that would diminish his chances of winning.

Is it to reinvigorate former legendary franchises of the NBA.. then there's a few destinations that could be appealing.

Heck, he could decide that he doesn't want to go through the daily grind of an NBA season and spend a lot more time with his kids, while advocating for causes in which he believes, etc, and take a season or two off.

Comment

• I must say I love the story line on him going to the Lakers to start working towards his post basketball career and learn from Magic Johnson. I think the Lakers could make moves to put more talent around him.

If he doesn’t do that I hope he stays in Cleveland and doesn’t go to Boston, Phili, or Houston.

Comment

Working...
                                X