This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Masai needs to be ruthless like ainge was when trading pierce, kg and IT. Fuck this continuity crap.
      "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• Is there any college coaches like Brad Stevens out there? Jay Wright?

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
          There's not "so little" cap space. There's zero.
          I meant in the market. Nobody is taking our shitty contracts.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
            If Masai brings back more than 1 of Lowry, DeMar and Casey next year (honestly I'd rather just have none of them back and rebuild) I'm not watching a single fucking game.
            I don't know if he'll be able to move players.

Easiest immediate change is to can Casey. Then I hope he'll gauge the market on Lowry, Demar and Ibaka.

I think it might be easier to trade Ibaka mid-season...especially if Ibaka is playing well early on. He's been so garbage and has 2 years left. If he's playing well a team looking to make a playoff run might be willing to give something up for him mid-season, knowing if things don't work out he becomes a movable expiring contract next summer.

DeMar I could see being moved in the offseason, especially if Masai can poach assets from a desperate team like, say, DeMar's hometown Lakers. Any young/bad team that is desperate might be a good partner for Masai to fleece.

For Lowry I have no clue what his trade value might be.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• I would hope Masai has these five goals in mind after we get eliminated and in this order:

1) Fire Casey
              2) Sign Fred
              3) Trade DeMar or Lowry (preferably DeMar)
              4) Trade Norm* and/or Serge
              5) Hire a new coach or promote an assistant (prefer a new coach).

*It might be smarter to trade Norm at the draft when he's still on his rookie deal. Could be easier to absorb a contract in a trade. But in terms of priority it would be more important to me if we could get one of DD or KL moved first. That determines the type of pieces we need back in any other deal going forward.

And if we're moving one of DD or KL I would like to see about getting a pick from another team.. that could conceivably end up becoming a top 5-10 pick in a future draft. Essentially the idea here would be to try to land a star via the draft using another team's attempt at tanking (like Cleveland and the Brooklyn pick).

For example: Swapping DeMar for Wes (who opted in and is on an expiring deal) + Dallas' 2018 or 2019 pick

Comment

• 1. Fire Casey
                2. Hire Messina
                3. Package either DeRozan or Lowry. Target a young player like Wiggins, Fultz, Ingram.
                4. Re-sign VV
                5. They have to move Ibaka. I don't really care for who. They gotta get rid of him.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                  I would hope Masai has these five goals in mind after we get eliminated and in this order:

1) Fire Casey
                  2) Sign Fred
                  3) Trade DeMar or Lowry (preferably DeMar)
                  4) Trade Norm* and/or Serge
                  5) Hire a new coach or promote an assistant (prefer a new coach).

*It might be smarter to trade Norm at the draft when he's still on his rookie deal. Could be easier to absorb a contract in a trade. But in terms of priority it would be more important to me if we could get one of DD or KL moved first. That determines the type of pieces we need back in any other deal going forward.

And if we're moving one of DD or KL I would like to see about getting a pick from another team.. that could conceivably end up becoming a top 5-10 pick in a future draft. Essentially the idea here would be to try to land a star via the draft using another team's attempt at tanking (like Cleveland and the Brooklyn pick).

For example: Swapping DeMar for Wes (who opted in and is on an expiring deal) + Dallas' 2018 or 2019 pick
                  Like I said, they gotta look at what the Bulls got for Butler. A 1st, a good young player in LaVine and Kris Dunn.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                    Like I said, they gotta look at what the Bulls got for Butler. A 1st, a good young player in LaVine and Kris Dunn.
                    That would be ideal.. just don't see too many teams with young players and picks. Maybe the Lakers? But they don't have a pick this year and I bet Magic is saving his cap space for a bigger fish like Paul George.

Comment

• Sometimes people want to sell their house, but they decide to wait a few months or a year in order to maximize what they get for their asset. The same is true here. I think the end is near but if someone had more value as an expiring I prefer we wait until the trade deadline or a year from now.

That all said it looks like there are a lot of moving parts this offseason around the league. Kawhi, Lakers, Markell’s Fultz, and more.
                      I think Masai will shop around and see what value the pieces have. But if the return is better 12 months from now I’m ok waiting.

But I’m still f-ing angry about the playoffs

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                        That's a unique situation though, because Butler's old coach went after him.

The closest thing to having ties elsewhere are LAL, his hometown team, or Philly because of Colangelo who drafted him. Just don't think Philly's a good trade partner. Until he proves otherwise, Fultz is damaged goods. Would they give up Saric and is he enough to build a deal around? And their picks will only be high if there are injury issues to Embiid and Simmons again. Even with just one healthy, they probably win enough games to move out of the top 10 of the draft, and if both healthy those are late 1st round options.

LA has not been well run in recent years, and not sure Magic really knows what he's doing. They clearly want to try and make a splash this summer, but I'm not sure anyone wants to sign there. Even George, because while it's his hometown they're at the bottom of the standings and he's hitting his prime. If they can't attract someone else they could still suck for a while. But that's also an interesting wrinkle, because if they think they can pair George and DeMar together this summer, they really may get careless with their assets. You can talk to them before free agency about how adding DeMar could help their pitch to free agents.

Also think Masai would try to trade him out of conference if he could.

Comment

• Since95 wrote: View Post
                          Very good read. I agree with almost all of it - I just don't like any of the trade suggestions (not even DeAndre).
                          Agreed. Fine with the premise of the article, but pretty much all the trade suggestions are unappealing.

Don't know how well thought out it is either. DeAndre faded a bit last year defensively, and we could see a similar decline to Dwight Howard as he depends entirely on elite athleticism and is about to hit 30. His blocks fell by about half this year. He actually averaged the same amount of blocks as JV, in far more minutes (averaged about 9 more mpg and played 700 more minutes total). Meanwhile JV is much better/more versatile on offence and also showed that he might grow more as a shooter/playmaker if used more.

Jonas looked better physically this year and looked like the IQ part of D is starting to click more with him. He may never match Jordan's prime, but there's a chance that making that swap actually trends our D in a worse direction over the next couple years than if we just keep JV.

JV is still young enough that I think if you do end up trading him, it has to be a move that can land a piece who's window is similar or longer to Jonas'. He basically played like a 3rd all-star most of the year. That's pretty good value at $16M per year.

Comment

• LOL, guys, Masai is not blowing this team up. I doubt he's even firing Casey (though if he did I'm like 100% certain it would be to promote Stack or Nurse).

We'll dump Norm, re-sign FVV, run it back to win 55+ again next year, hope we dodge LBJ (ie he moves West, or we catch him in the ECF).

The one thing I could see him doing is trying to move off of one of the big three contracts if someone will pay the right price. I'd have a hard time imagining them moving DD, though his drawbacks were certainly highlighted in this playoff run (so far). Can't say I'd complain too much, especially as he's likely to fetch the most of anyone moved. They shouldn't move Lowry. And they probably won't find a taker for Ibaka. So in all likelihood, all three are back for next year. The only reason I can see him considering moving one is because of the tax hell that awaits come 19-20.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                              LOL, guys, Masai is not blowing this team up. I doubt he's even firing Casey (though if he did I'm like 100% certain it would be to promote Stack or Nurse).

We'll dump Norm, re-sign FVV, run it back to win 55+ again next year, hope we dodge LBJ (ie he moves West, or we catch him in the ECF).

The one thing I could see him doing is trying to move off of one of the big three contracts if someone will pay the right price. I'd have a hard time imagining them moving DD, though his drawbacks were certainly highlighted in this playoff run (so far). Can't say I'd complain too much, especially as he's likely to fetch the most of anyone moved. They shouldn't move Lowry. And they probably won't find a taker for Ibaka. So in all likelihood, all three are back for next year. The only reason I can see him considering moving one is because of the tax hell that awaits come 19-20.
                              This.

The only way I trade DeMar or Lowry is if we are getting a lottery pick back. They are not good enough to net us an improvement - at least not in the interim. We are only on the hook for two more seasons after which we will have cap flexibility. After watching this series I was ready to hit the "detonate" button myself, but we need to play the long game and build internally. Cooler heads must prevail.

I want no part of DeAndre.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                                LOL, guys, Masai is not blowing this team up. I doubt he's even firing Casey (though if he did I'm like 100% certain it would be to promote Stack or Nurse).

I agree. Masai won't give up on this roster after this season. It's 2018/19 which was meant to be THE year and Masai will follow his plan. I can't see a big deal/change coming - unless Demar wants to leave to be closer to LA. One of Ibaka/JV could be traded if there's a chance to get something back to improve the roster.

Comment

Working...
                                X