• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• saints91 wrote: View Post
    Matt/McHappy was BC's wife, she's not coming back
    OMG I would be so happy with the universe if this is true

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
      Told us what? Demar developed to a point that he became the center piece that got us a super duper star? Weren't those the same guys calling for guys like Terrence Ross to start over him? Not sure what they'd gain to brag about
      I don't actually care about what discussions and stupidities might ensue. Just think their return would be funny.

Comment

• Wobblez wrote: View Post

Omg let's GOOO. This needs to happen, I might just go crazy if we don't get Kawhi.

DeRozan + Leonard combo is the best sg/sf in the league.
        Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
          Omg let's GOOO. This needs to happen, I might just go crazy if we don't get Kawhi.

DeRozan + Leonard combo is the best sg/sf in the league.
          If Kawhi is coming in Demar is going out.

Comment

Told us what? Demar developed to a point that he became the center piece that got us a super duper star? Weren't those the same guys calling for guys like Terrence Ross to start over him? Not sure what they'd gain to brag about
            x10000000000000000
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• On completely different news, IT signed a vet min with Denver for 1 year. Oh how he has fallen from a person commanding a max contract to a vet min player. Denver will be really damn good next year! Good move by Denver!

Comment

• From the Spurs reddit page, just to offer some viewpoints from a few of their fans (these are comments on the potential trade of DeMar, OG, Poeltl and a pick for Kawhi):

If this was a real offer I like it a lot.
                We get DeMar who is an All-Star caliber player, and if for some reason he doesn’t workout with us we can flip him for another guy like a Jimmy Butler, some young guys or some picks.
                We also get two great young guy:
                Poeltl - A young center, who could potentially develop into a Steven Adams type of guy under the right system. We also desperately need a center.
                and
                OG - From what I’ve read about him sounds like a real monster on defense. Him coming to SA is a huge plush because he can improve ALOT, and at only 20 years old it’s risk worth taking.
                Raptors arent trading demar, the best player in the franchise's history, for a half season rental of Leonard who could leave at the end of the season whereas they could keep demar for 2-3 years at least
                the trade for demar would be so that they could compete in the upper tier in the league - offer would be a mishmash of OG, Peotl, picks
                I'm pretty sure this team is tired of getting bounced int he first round. You have no idea what these guys would do to make it to the second round. None of us do. If they see Kawhi as a lock to get them there (AND beyond), I could envision them pulling any form of trade that doesn't handcuff their future.
                Raptors are LOCKED into a great regular season team with a proven track record of underperforming in the playoffs... I wouldn't be surprised if this team wanted out of DeMar's contract...
                Either way, they have crazy depth with young guys the Spurs would potentially have an interest in, so I'm not writing anything off until it's evident a trade isn't happening.
                Demar Derozan, who isn't disgruntled, just recently signed his contract, so his value is already higher than Kawhi rental with injury/mindset concerns. But to also include a draft pick and OG?
                That's never gonna happen. It's the same as the god father offer the front office wanted from the Lakers. You gotta start high when you're negotiating though
                I'll take a Nintendo Wii installed with Homebrew in exchange for Kawhi Leonard.
                No way the raptors give up that much if they can’t guarantee he re-signs in Toronto but holy shit that deal would be highway robbery for the spurs
                DeMar is another Spreewell, Allan Houston, Rip Hamilton, Jalen Rose type guy that has a strict ceiling. He also doesn't have that clutch mode in the playoffs... obviously. Undersized and not a true franchise type player.
                But if that's the best we can get we do it I suppose.
                I’d love to have DeMar in San Antonio
                i would cum my pants if this happened, but i don't think it will
                Holy shit, this would be like getting $1.50 on the dollar for him. A Lowry-Kawhi-Ibaka trio with a proven bench could become the favorites to win the East also...
                There's no way that's real. I can't imagine we get more than one of the bigs, a pick, and maybe an fvv for patty swap.
                really don't want DeMar. Him and Kyle have shown up way too small, way too often during postseason play. Their coach got fired after winning coach of the year, because of their inability to win in the post season. Hard pass.
                Raptors would never do this get your head out of your asses
                The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                  From the Spurs reddit page, just to offer some viewpoints from a few of their fans (these are comments on the potential trade of DeMar, OG, Poeltl and a pick for Kawhi):
                  It is way too much. Demar has a long term deal and kawhi is a 50/50 rental with serious baggage. Never understood why people are adding 2 or 3 or even 4 more valuable appreciating assets
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

It is way too much. Demar has a long term deal and kawhi is a 50/50 rental with serious baggage. Never understood why people are adding 2 or 3 or even 4 more valuable appreciating assets
                    That one random guy I posted seemed to be very assured we were getting a 2020 1st back as well ... so there's that.

Comment

It's not too much. Kawhi is that good. He's that much better than DeMar. He's worth the risk.
                      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• !! TRADE !!

(not Kawhi)

Denver trades Kenneth Faried, Darrell Arthur, a protected (1 to 12) first round pick, and a second round pick to Brooklyn for Isiah Whitehead. Whitehead will be waived by Denver

Comment

Yeah, I don't think we'd need to give up OG.

One thing from those fan comments is that they all seem to realize the Spurs have no leverage in negotiations.

Comment

• !! TRADE !!

(not Kawhi)

Brooklyn has traded Jeremy Lin to Atlanta.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                              Yeah, I don't think we'd need to give up OG.

One thing from those fan comments is that they all seem to realize the Spurs have no leverage in negotiations.
                              Me either, it's Masai and the Spurs need to take the best deal they can get or they lose him for nothing in a year. Derozan + Wright/Poeltl and if they play hardball throw in a future pick.

Plus whatever other player SA wants to tag on (Gasol, Green, etc..)

Comment

• It is too much if OG is included. Kawhi's value is depressed now because of all the baggage, injury and flight risk. Plus, the only way you can possibly convince him to stay is if you make the finals, and you hurt your chances of doing so by gutting the team like this.

Demar may have his limitations on this team, but he's an all-star and a durable workhorse scorer with the right attitude that can make a real impact wherever he goes if the fit is right. I'd put him on this trade, but if he's there, no need to put OG. Let's look at what the Spurs could realistically get for Leonard from other teams (which is not much), before we give up the farm.

Comment

Working...
                                X