Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything 2018 Off Season

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • planetmars wrote: View Post
    Do teams really try defending a single player anymore? Feels like systems are more complex with all the switching and trapping that they do. Our offense was pretty good in the playoffs.. it was the defense that was disgusting. And DeMar was a primary reason why it was so bad (well and Miles covering Love for a long stretch).
    Defensively they were all scared of LeBron James. They were overreacting at everything he does hence the open 3's.

    I mentioned this after the 3rd and 4th regular season games against the Cavs this past season where the Cavs shot lights out from 3. DanH said it wasn't sustainable, there's no way they'd be able to shoot like that in the playoffs. I said that if you overreact at everything LeBron does and leave shooters like JR and Hill and Clarskon WIDE OPEN from 3 - they're going to make shots. And they did.

    I put this on Casey. 3 straight years and he couldn't make any adjustments guarding LeBron. It's like he never learns.
    Mamba Mentality

    Comment


    • white men can't jump wrote: View Post
      Don't think anyone would argue that Middleton is a better player. He could never be a team's #1 option.

      However you can argue that Middleton is a better fit in pretty much every other possible role.

      Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
      B-level star vs A-level roleplayer
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

      Comment


      • Barolt wrote: View Post
        His catch and shoot eFG% was 50.2%.

        That ranks 10th on the Raptors, just behind Jonas.
        Yes because his catch and shoot TWOS were terrible (which he shouldn't even be taking).

        He was passable as a catch and shoot 3PT shooter.

        You cannot just leave DeRozan open from 3. You cannot just not guard him off the ball. On top of that, having two guys who score well with the ball on the floor doesn't mean one has to be a catch and shoot guy. NBA offense is way more sophisticated than that.

        I think the Spurs are more likely to want DeMar in the deal than JV. However I think keeping DeMar makes it more likely we can keep Leonard as well.

        Comment


        • Middleton averages in this year playoffs (7 games)

          24 pts, 5 rbs, 3 ast, 59%FG and 61% 3P%
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

          Comment


          • Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
            Yes because his catch and shoot TWOS were terrible (which he shouldn't even be taking).

            He was passable as a catch and shoot 3PT shooter.

            You cannot just leave DeRozan open from 3. You cannot just not guard him off the ball. On top of that, having two guys who score well with the ball on the floor doesn't mean one has to be a catch and shoot guy. NBA offense is way more sophisticated than that.

            I think the Spurs are more likely to want DeMar in the deal than JV. However I think keeping DeMar makes it more likely we can keep Leonard as well.
            Cleveland did exactly this, and destroyed the Raptors doing it.
            twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

            Comment


            • And just to make sure we're all on the same page here, that's the 29th ranked defense in the NBA, that made the 2nd ranked offense look pedestrian by taking the ball out of DeMar's hands and then ignoring him off-ball.

              This is a real thing that happened, and it matters.
              twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

              Comment


              • Derozan game is nice he has a lot of tools but he mentally can not compete. 5 years in playoffs and every single year we let go or not use the players that perform in the playoffs. Bismack comes to mind JV comes to mind. The year we went to conference finals JV was our best player. Announcers were talking about the return of a center. When the game means something and derozan disappears its time to move on from that player. Plain and simple

                Comment


                • TRex wrote: View Post
                  Defensively they were all scared of LeBron James. They were overreacting at everything he does hence the open 3's.

                  I mentioned this after the 3rd and 4th regular season games against the Cavs this past season where the Cavs shot lights out from 3. DanH said it wasn't sustainable, there's no way they'd be able to shoot like that in the playoffs. I said that if you overreact at everything LeBron does and leave shooters like JR and Hill and Clarskon WIDE OPEN from 3 - they're going to make shots. And they did.

                  I put this on Casey. 3 straight years and he couldn't make any adjustments guarding LeBron. It's like he never learns.
                  TBF to Casey: Lebron has dominated the east for almost a decade. You can't fit pegs into holes that don't match - no one could break the code against Lebron. Lebron is a beast who also adjusts. Its not like he can't adjust to other team's adjustments.
                  Last edited by Truth Teller; Mon Jul 16, 2018, 02:41 PM.

                  Comment


                  • Truth Teller wrote: View Post
                    TBF to Casey: Lebron has dominated the east for almost a decade. You can't fit pegs into holes that don't match - no one could break the code against Lebron. Lebron is a beast who also adjusts. Its not like he can't adjust to other team's adjustments.
                    Yeah, but other teams with less talent put up a better fight than us. That is on our coach and top players.

                    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

                    Comment


                    • Barolt wrote: View Post
                      Cleveland did exactly this, and destroyed the Raptors doing it.
                      Because there's no primary guy with the kind of gravity DeMar has on the ball on this team.

                      Yeah let's try not guarding people on Kawhi Leonard drives.

                      It's pretty clear that the priority for you is getting DeMar off the team and not actually acquiring Leonard so I'm gonna just stop the discussion here.

                      Comment


                      • Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                        Because there's no primary guy with the kind of gravity DeMar has on the ball on this team.

                        Yeah let's try not guarding people on Kawhi Leonard drives.

                        It's pretty clear that the priority for you is getting DeMar off the team and not actually acquiring Leonard so I'm gonna just stop the discussion here.
                        What? The Cavs brought a tonne of help off of DeMar on Lowry and Valanciunas actions, and you think they will... bring less help on Kawhi Leonard actions?
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

                        Comment


                        • DanH wrote: View Post
                          What? The Cavs brought a tonne of help off of DeMar on Lowry and Valanciunas actions, and you think they will... bring less help on Kawhi Leonard actions?
                          No, I think they'll bring more help... obviously?

                          Comment


                          • I'm really not interested in yet another DeBate. My point is I'd trade Kawhi for a package around either DeMar or JV, but the latter would be preferable because it increases the chances of Kawhi actually staying (which should be the goal, acquiring and retaining superstar talent, that's how you win in this league). The details of whether or not we think DeMar would be the most effective sidekick for Kawhi or not are largely irrelevant.

                            Comment


                            • Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                              I'm really not interested in yet another DeBate. My point is I'd trade Kawhi for a package around either DeMar or JV, but the latter would be preferable because it increases the chances of Kawhi actually staying (which should be the goal, acquiring and retaining superstar talent, that's how you win in this league). The details of whether or not we think DeMar would be the most effective sidekick for Kawhi or not are largely irrelevant.
                              Yeah, we get it, we are disagreeing with your assessment that Kawhi would be more likely to stay, because DeMar's poor fit beside Kawhi may leave the team with less on-court success than otherwise, making Kawhi less likely, not more likely, to stay.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

                              Comment


                              • Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                                No, I think they'll bring more help... obviously?
                                I don't understand what you are saying then. Barolt says that the Cavs ignored DD off the ball, and sent a lot of help at Lowry and JV. You say "well, let them try that with Kawhi on the ball." And I say... yeah? They will definitely keep doing that and that will definitely be a problem, just like it was against the Cavs?
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X