Announcement

Collapse

Raptors Republic Android & iOS App

Hey guys and gals,

We're running a, how should I say, pilot or beta version of our new Raptors Republic app. We haven't made it official as we're still trying to work out some bugs while improving the user interface. So, its not the final version so expect to see more changes over the next while.

Anyhow, please feel free to download. Available on both Android & iPhone. It's absolutely free.

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rsrepublic.app

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-...6946?ls=1&mt=8

If we could ask a favour though. We're welcoming feedback and suggestions on perhaps things you'd like to see. At the end of the day we're doing this for you guys by making everything here easier available for you the user. Please send your feedback (Regardless if its positive or negative) to raptorsrepublic@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance and we hope you guys enjoy the application.
See more
See less

Everything 2018 Off Season

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    It feels really early for this thread. I vote to leave JV, FVV and Norm alone. Actually, to leave the team as a whole alone. They're the best they've ever been, deepest they've ever been, and probably the most balanced they've ever been position-wise, and as of today the #1 seed. All that while having likely one the best chemistry and locker room vibes you can get, as well as no prima-donnas on the roster.

    That is incredibly rare. In my book these guys for once earned the chance to just focus on the playoffs ahead without the ever-present trading block chatter, at least for now

    Comment


    • #32
      JawsGT wrote: View Post
      Can Powell be traded at the draft?
      Yes, he can be traded as soon as the Raps are eliminated from the playoffs (so once the Finals are over, of course).
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

      Comment


      • #33
        I believe DeRozan and JV are the future, and we need a younger PG. Possibly in the summer something like
        Lowry, Powell, Jakob Poeltl for Damian Lillard

        We ride with Lillard, DeRozan, OG, Ibaka, JV and sign some backups in the summer and we are set

        Comment


        • #34
          DanH wrote: View Post
          Yes, he can be traded as soon as the Raps are eliminated from the playoffs (so once the Finals are over, of course).
          Just to fair to Norm, I'd wait until after the parade down Yonge Street.

          Comment


          • #35
            Andrew Wiggins is unhappy with the Wolves... maybe we could get him for Ibaka and Powell?
            Last edited by charlesnba23; Wed Mar 14th, 2018, 04:12 PM.

            Comment


            • #36
              tenforthewin wrote: View Post
              I believe DeRozan and JV are the future, and we need a younger PG. Possibly in the summer something like
              Lowry, Powell, Jakob Poeltl for Damian Lillard

              We ride with Lillard, DeRozan, OG, Ibaka, JV and sign some backups in the summer and we are set
              Lillard - Vanvleet
              DeRozan - Delon - Miller
              OG - Carter - Hayes
              Ibaka - Siakam
              Jonas - Randolph - Bebe
              Abbas wrote:

              First of all i was my own source

              Comment


              • #37
                charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                Andrew Wiggins is unhappy with the Wolves... maybe we could get him for Ibaka and Powell?
                Ibaka is actually a perfect fit beside Towns
                I still do not think Wolves would accept that trade though
                If LeBron leaves in free agency I would propose something like this

                Minny get - Ibaka, Norm Raps 2019 lottwry protected pick
                Cavs get - Wiggins, Minny 2019 second
                Raps get - Love


                Lowry - VV
                DeRozan - DW
                OG
                Love - pascal
                JV - Jakob
                Abbas wrote:

                First of all i was my own source

                Comment


                • #38
                  Abbas wrote: View Post
                  Ibaka is actually a perfect fit beside Towns
                  I still do not think Wolves would accept that trade though
                  If LeBron leaves in free agency I would propose something like this

                  Minny get - Ibaka, Norm Raps 2019 lottwry protected pick
                  Cavs get - Wiggins, Minny 2019 second
                  Raps get - Love


                  Lowry - VV
                  DeRozan - DW
                  OG
                  Love - pascal
                  JV - Jakob
                  No

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    I mean to each their own, but can we put a stop to random trade proposals until after the playoffs? This team is going for IT. The squad we have right here and right now.
                    It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      KeonClark wrote: View Post
                      I mean to each their own, but can we put a stop to random trade proposals until after the playoffs? This team is going for IT. The squad we have right here and right now.
                      I second this
                      Abbas wrote:

                      First of all i was my own source

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        I sort of agree but it's a forum where I think we can talk about whatever we want concerning the Raptors... Unless I'm wrong?

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Abbas wrote: View Post
                          I second this
                          You were just giving your crazy trade proposals lmao

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                            I sort of agree but it's a forum where I think we can talk about whatever we want concerning the Raptors... Unless I'm wrong?
                            No problem discussing the team in any aspect.. it's all free game. But you're probably not going to get much of a discussion about future trades when this team is so hot right now.

                            I mean we could quite possibly have home court in the NBA finals. That's how good we've been this year. It's insane just thinking about it.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              I mean, there's a whole trade idea forum for that stuff, right?
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                I expect a relatively quiet off-season overall.

                                If we had our first-rounder this year, we would probably be quietly trying to deal it for a couple of second rounders for luxury tax considerations. We might still try to pick up an extra second rounder this year just because, but it would likely be for cash.

                                We are legitimately two-deep at every position right now, with only one position having a notable likelihood of turning over a starter at contracts' end. I don't think we'll resign Ibaka as a starter after his current contract is over, but I do see Derozan, Lowry, Valanciunas, and Anunoby being resigned (with Derozan and Lowry likely resigning on somewhat more team-friendly deals).

                                Our only real off-season priorities are to resign Fred and to reduce our luxury tax burden, most likely by trying to find a taker for Norman Powell. We might make an interesting vet-mininum signing into an open roster spot, especially if we make the finals.

                                Just between you, me, and the rest of the board, it's pretty satisfying to be in this position - to have almost nothing urgent to do in the off-season, and still be in an excellent position to win this year and stay relevant next year and beyond.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X